Status: Complete: Might plan a re-write in the future.

The Sharpest Lives

Frank's POV



I closed the door and locked it. I heard her say something, but I couldn’t fully hear. I went to my room, grabbed the TV, and went back. When I went in, she was asleep. I plugged the TV in and set the remote on the nightstand. Then I went downstairs to see Ray. He was sitting on the couch.

“How you doing?” I asked.

“I’ve been better.” He seemed pissed.

Before I could stop myself, it came out.

“I hate to say I told you so. You guys wanted to get her. Even after I told you what she could do.”

“Frank, you’re right.”

“Your best bet is to attempt to get on her god side. If you talk to her calm and not threaten her, she’ll come around.”

“That’s easy for you to say, she likes you?”

“Where is everyone?”

“They went back out. Gerard mentioned some slayer he was following before you called.”

I sat with him for a while longer until my cell rang. I went to answer it, seeing ‘mom’ on the display.

“Hey, mom.” I tried to sound groggy.

“Frank? She’s missing. No one’s seen her in twenty-six hours. Are you sure she was fine when she left?”

“Mom, calm down. She was. She walked away, and yeah, she was normal.”

“She won’t answer my calls. Frank, she my best slayer, I can’t lose her.”

“I don’t know what to say. She was perfectly fine when she left.”

“Where did you take her?”

“We just walked around. Took a walk through the cemetery.”

She sighed. “If you hear anything, call me.”

“I will, mom. Don’t worry.”

She hung up and I went back to Ray. I started to doze off until the front door opened. I turned my head and saw something different. I saw someone in Gerard’s arms. At first I thought it was Sheri, until she walked in. Then I noticed a familiar clothing style.

“Who’s that?” I asked.

“Someone,” he said quickly before going upstairs with Bob.

I got up and went after. He was in Lisa’s room. Bob wouldn’t let me see though. I heard a female gasp, then voices that I couldn’t understand. Then Gerard walked out and locked the door.

“What’s that?” I asked.

“Am I not allowed to like a slayer like you?"

I put my hands up in defense. “Whoa, sorry.”

“Just stay out of there until I say so. The same goes for everyone. Go tell Ray.”

“Can I ask why?”

“I’ll explain. Go to sleep, Frank.”

I headed to my room and took a shower. Then I changed and went to bed. I laid there thinking. What does Gerard have up his sleeve? See if Lisa really would kill a slayer?