Status: Complete: Might plan a re-write in the future.

The Sharpest Lives

Gerard's POV

“You did a good job tonight,” I said to Steph.

“Really?”

“Mmm-hmm. It’s not hard is it?”

“No, not really.”

We headed to the house, and she grabbed my hand quickly. Then I noticed the open door, and the shadows moving about in the window. We walked up cautiously, and I looked inside.

“Who’s idea was it to leave Frank behind?” Jared asked.

I blinked and motioned for Steph to come in.

“His own. Why?” I asked.

“They’re both gone.”

“Maybe she decided to change,” I said.

“No,” Jared said. “Bags were packed. They ran away.”

“Fuck!” I shouted, running upstairs.

I looked in Frank’s room. Clothes, and his backpack were gone. Then I went to the spare room. Lisa’s bag was also gone. I cursed to myself. I felt stupid for letting him stay behind without someone else there at least. I headed back downstairs to an angry looking Jared. Everyone else was gone.

“Yes, Jared. I fucked up.”

“You should’ve known.”

“I don’t need a lecture. My dad is the one I have to face.”

“What about hunting for them?”

“We don’t know where. We don’t know when they left. They could be miles away, and we also don’t know what direction they went in.”

“When do you have to see your dad?”

“Today.”

“You want me to come with?”

“I would, but he won’t like it, so I have to go alone.”

“Oh.”

“You were just pissed off. Why the sudden change of heart?” I looked at him oddly.

“I’m a mood swinger? Gerard, it’s not your fault.”

I nodded. “I have to go now.”

“Good luck?”

“I’m gonna need it.”

I walked out and headed into the direction I needed to go. Upon arriving at my destination, I stood there outside the entrance. I really did not want to do this, but I had to. I walked in and to where I see my father. His back was too the door. I opened my mouth to speak.

“Hello, Gerard,” he said.

I blinked. “Hello father.”

“You come bearing bad news. What is it?” he asked, turning to me.

I had to tell him straight up. “Frank ran away with her. We have no clue where they went, and when they left.”

“I had a feeling something like this would happen.”

“You’re not mad?”

“I have contacts. We’ll get a widespread hunt going, and I’ll keep you informed.”

“I’m sorry, dad.”

“No need to apologize. How is Stephanie doing?”

I blinked in shock that he knew her name. “She’s doing well. Learning and adapting.”

“You two will make a fine pair. If you’ll excuse me, I have other things to attend to.”

I nodded, said my goodbyes and left. I was still surprised that he knew. I was halfway home when I found Jared, waiting.

“How’d it go?”

“Better than I thought. He kinda knew, and he’s informing others to start looking for them.”

“I can inform my guys too out west. I also found this,” Jared said, holding something to me. “It looks like a cell phone battery.”

“Hmm. I did see Frank’s phone in his room.”

We exchanged glances and ran back to the house. Frank’s cell phone was on his nightstand. I took the back off, and sure enough, there was no battery. Jared took the phone and put the battery in it. That was it. I turned on the phone. There was a voicemail.

“I don’t know how to get into his voice mail,” I said. “Wait.”

I made a call to the network and told them I forgot my password. They actually gave it to me with no hassle. I dialed into his voicemail.

“Frank, before you do anything drastic with Lisa, please talk to me. Come over, please?” Frank’s mother’s voice pleaded.

“He told his mother,” I said.

As soon as I closed the phone it rang. His mom. I was afraid to answer it. Jared snatched it out of my hand.

“Hello? He’s not here right now…Don’t know…Really?…uh-huh…yep…not that I know of…Hey! I didn’t do anything, your son’s the one that loves her! Doubt it.” He hung up. “She is madly pissed and upset.”


A/N: Updates might start to get slow. this story is written when I'm bored at work, but work is starting to get busy, so meaning less time to write.