Status: Complete: Might plan a re-write in the future.

The Sharpest Lives

Frank's POV

I had no idea what my next move was going to be. I couldn’t find Lisa, and I had nothing. I drove aimlessly until the car ran out of gas. Then I decided to head back. I hoped they wouldn’t shun me or something, since Lisa wasn’t with me anyways. Day turned to night and I was close. I sat in an alley to think. I just felt wrong, and I couldn’t figure out why.

“Well, thought you were going to disappear,” someone said.

I looked up at Bob and Jared. I stood up and backed away from them. Part because I wanted to be alone, and part because I was scared of them. Not knowing what they were going to do.

“Get away from me,” I said, trying to walk away.

“She wants to see you,” Bob said.

It took a moment for it to register. I stopped and turned on my heel. I stared them down, glaring daggers.

“What?”

“She’s with Gerard, and your mother is there too,” Jared said.

“What!?” I shouted, echoing through the alley. “So I take it I go with you then?”

They both nodded, and I went with them. We were at the destination in thirty minutes. I looked and saw it was the slayer’s headquarters. Now I was really wondering. We went through a back door. As soon as we walked in, Gerard pulled me back out.

“What the fuck were you thinking?” he asked.

“I really don’t know, Gerard. What about you?”

“This isn’t about me.”

“Yes it is! You wanted her. You wanted to kidnap her and change her!” I shouted, now extremely angry at him.

“I didn’t ask for you to fall for her.”

“I’m not going to change her. Drop it and let her go.”

Gerard came face to face with me, glaring daggers right through me.

“You will change her, and you will do it tonight, or I will see to it that you are dead by next week.”

I was stunned. Someone who was my best friend just threatened my life. I didn’t want to succumb to him, but I didn’t want to die. My mind told me to run away, and they would find me. I had no choice now, unless I could reason with him.

“Even if she did change, she wouldn’t work with us,” I said calmly.

“Until she realizes that she needs to. Go now and do it.”

I sighed and headed where I was directed. I walked into the office and saw Lisa sitting, her back to me. I cleared my throat and she turned. She was emotionless as she stared at me.

“Why did you run?” I asked.

She turned away and sighed. She said nothing though. A long awkward silence. I approached slowly.

“I thought I’d make it away from you guys,” she said.

“He started a huge search for you. You never would have escaped.”

“Then why did we run?”

“I wanted to get us away. I was gonna change you away from the pressure.”

She scoffed then her head hung. I waited for her to say something. I knew I had no choice. I had to change her, but how to tell her? I went to couch her shoulder, but she got up and faced me.

“Do it,” she said. “It’ll shut his ass up. Just do it.”

I was taken aback. Now she wanted to go through with it.

“It’s going to hurt-”

“Just do it,” she said through clenched teeth.

I closed my eyes and changed myself. Then I grabbed her shoulders. I heard a whimper escape her throat. No turning back. I sunk my fangs into her neck. She inhaled sharply and held her breath. I felt the warm liquid running down my throat. She struggled against the pain, but finally succumbed as she went limp right into my arms. I fell to the floor, holding her.