Status: Complete: Might plan a re-write in the future.

The Sharpest Lives

Lisa's POV

We all quietly ran upstairs to grab a few things. Then we met in the kitchen by the back door, where Gerard stopped us.

“Ok. We have to try and stay together. If you are forced to kill one of them, do it.” He paused and glared at me. “They could be scattered anywhere, so stay alert. Steph, you stay close to me. Sheri, you stay by Mikey. Frank, Bob, and Ray, stay close to Lisa. She can’t fully change yet, so she’s still a little weak.”

All of us nodded and headed out. The group of us stuck close to each other, almost on top of one another. We walked swiftly, yet quietly. I turned around and saw lights going on and off inside the house. They were in, and soon would be on our trails. I was scared. Finally coming out of my tough exterior, and showing that I was scared. I was still plotting though. I glared at the back of his head, but then I saw Steph. They were close, so fast so soon. We were friends. Could I really hurt him and possibly her for my revenge?

We walked on silently, some of us were wondering where to. In the dead of the night, all we could hear were our feet crunching the forest floor. Gerard stopped quickly, halting all of us as well. We looked at him quizzically. He walked to one of the trees and jumped up into it.

“Gerard!?” Mikey called out.

Rustling sounds, grunting, a yell, then someone fell out and landed in a bush. Gerard then came, and he pulled someone out of the bush. Someone dressed in jeans and a black trench coat. someone I recognized as a slayer I worked with. Kevin.

“What are you doing wandering?” Gerard asked.

“What all the others are out here for. To get her back,” he said, pointing at me.

“Well, she’s with us. Lisa? Show him what you can do.”

I looked at Kevin, then at Gerard, who held his arm. Gerard urged me to bare my fangs. Kevin was in shock, saying something I couldn’t understand. The voices began to swirl in my head, and I felt the pain as my fangs grew. Suddenly it was silent. Gerard was grinning, and Kevin was scared. I felt different, strange, hungry.

“Lisa, do it,” Gerard said coldly.

“I-” I started to talk, but didn’t know what to say.

“You need to get used to this, do it,” he demanded.

I walked up to them, looking at Kevin. I leaned close, fangs bared. He didn’t do anything though.

“Run when I say,” I whispered.

I took a deep breath, then I quickly turned and lunged at Gerard, catching him off guard. We fell and I was on top of him as he tried to push me.

“Kevin! Run!” I shouted.

He took off into the trees, with no one going after. The others tried to get me off Gerard, but as I shot a glare at them, they backed away. I glared back at Gerard as I pinned him down.

“Good terms my ass. Did you really think I’d forgive you after what you did to me?”

“Me? No.”

“Urgh. You fucked up my life!”

“Go on then, kill me. See who doesn’t come after you.”

I picked up a stick and held it up. I was feeling my mind lose control. I felt weaker, and getting weaker.

“Come on! You wanna kill me so bad! Do it!” Gerard shouted. “I’m wide open. They won’t come near you right now?”

“Why?” I snapped.

“The way you glare with such venom. It’s enough to scary anybody off in fear of you killing them.”

“I don’t need powers to scare anybody off.”

“You have a gift now. You would waste that?”

“Yes. I’m a slayer. I’m supposed to kill you.”

“No. You’re a slayer. Now you’re a vampire now, and there’s no going back.”

I sat there, his words trying to cut through me. I held the stick in my hands, wanting so badly to plunge it into his chest. I couldn’t find the urge to do it. I was changing. I threw the stick away and took off in the direction that Kevin went.

“She’ll be back,” Gerard said as I ran.

I had to find Kevin.