‹ Prequel: Temporary Home
Status: Finished!

Temporary Life

Chapter 16

Image

I jumped out of the shower, threw a towel on and ran to grab my phone. "Shit, Woman! What is it with you and being half naked today?!" Johnny yelped as I ran into the room. Him, Zack, Val and Leana were playing with Lily.

"What's your issue with it?" I snapped, dialing Alex's number.

"Wow, who pissed you off now?" Zack asked.

The phone kept ringing until it went to voice mail. "Alex! I swear to God I will
personally cut your balls off if you do not call me back!" I growled into the phone. I stood still for a few seconds, before throwing my phone across the room.

"Kels, what's wrong?" Val asked, walking over.

"I'm going to kill him."

"What did the fucker do?" Zack asked.

I ignored his question and started to get dressed. I was pissed to where my whole body was shaking now and not just my hands. "Kels, you gotta breathe." Leana said, rubbing my back.

"He fucking promised. I've been so busy with other things, that I didn't even notice! Oh, when I get my hands on him..." I was trying to find a sweatshirt to just throw on, when Zack grabbed my hand and turned to look at my wrist.

"That's a new one." He said softly, as he ran his fingers over the pink line.

"Not now, Zack." I said, taking my arm away from him and going out of the room. "Jimmy, can I borrow your sweatshirt?" I asked, walking into the kitchen.

"Yeah, why?" He asked confused.

"Because I can't find any of mine right now." I said, staring them down as I pulled the sweatshirt on.

"What?" Dad asked innocently.

"That just makes you seem guilty instantly." Michelle said, shaking her head.

"So, is that why your hands shake so badly now? Even when we went to see you at Bam's they were bad. But if you looked, you could see it." Zack said, crossing his arms.

"What're you on about now?" Jimmy asked.

I looked at him pleadingly. I had bigger issues to deal with right now, other than my family questioning me. "Nothing." He mumbled, catching my look.

"I'll be back." I said, grabbing my keys.

"I'm coming with you!" Leana said, running after me.

"Wait! What's going on?" Matt asked, following us.

"We're going to kill Alex!" Leana called to him as we ran out.

"What?!" Everyone followed us out, Matt grabbing me before I could get into the car.

"Why are you going to kill him?" Dad asked.

"Because, he mad a promise to be in his daughter's life. I've been occupied with other things I didn't even notice he hasn't call or shit since he left after finding out!"

"Ok, just calm down, Kels." Dad said softly. He had noticed my increase of shaking.

"No! I know how it feels to grow up without a father! Not that he's a part of her life, that's how it's going to stay!" I stopped my rant when I saw the hurt look on Dad's face. "I'm so sorry, Dad." I sighed.

"No, Baby. You have nothing to be sorry about. You're just concerned about Lily. It's understandable. Just... Please try to stay calm."

"Why don't we go do what we were going to do today and talk about it? That might help." Michelle suggested, rubbing my arm.

"Help what exactly? That prick-" Jimmy covered Leana's mouth before she could go on.

"Kels, please calm down, Babe. You're really starting to scar me." Dad said, looking at me with concern.

"I'll be fine, Dad. It'll go away."

"How long has this been happening for? Has it been more frequent?"

"Dad-"

"Please don't keep me in the dark about this, Kels." I sighed and nodded. He turned away, shaking his head. "It's the stress, isn't it?"

"It's called life. I'll be fine."

He looked at me with sad eyes. "Promise me you'll be ok?"

I smiled, and walked over to wrap my arms around his waist. "Stop worrieng about me so much. You have a new little one on the way to worry about. You'll have your hands full enough."

"But that doesn't mean I can't still-"

"Dad, stop. I'm fine."

"Sweet, now we can go back to talking about the relaxing day. You're in need of it more now." Val said, smiling.

I groaned. "I really don't have a choice, do I?"

"You do. Either go and do something irrational and end up in jail. Then Lily won't have either of her parents. Or, you could just hang out with us today and none of that will happen." Jimmy said, smiling because he knew he had won.

"I hate it when you make sense." I said, glaring at him.

"It's a rare event. Take advantage of it while you can!" Johnny said, laughing.

Jimmy glared at him. "You're lucky you're holding the baby."

"I'm telling you! She's a safe bubble!" Johnny grinned.

Jimmy gave me a look and I nodded. I went over to Johnny and took Lily from him. He pouted, but I just glared. "Ok, Jim. He's all yours." I laughed as Johnny's eyes widened in fear.

"You suck!" He yelled, before running from Jimmy.

"Anyways, go get ready and meet us in the living room." Dad said.

"Fine, but I'm taking my daughter with me while I get ready." I said, turning and walking back inside.

"Fuckers. I wanted to see her kick his ass." I heard Leana say.

"Oh, please. You'd be in with her!" Zack said.

"Hell yeah! I'd let her get some in before I jumped in to help. He's got somethin' comin' his way and he is not going to like it."

I was laughing the whole way up the stairs. I loved Leana. The other girls would be helping me too but Val and Michelle were pregnant, and Lacey and Gina just weren't violent. They'd probably smack him or throw one of their shoes at him, but nothing like Lee. She scares me sometimes...
♠ ♠ ♠
another one :) hopefuly I'll get one more up on this one tonight.
just a question, is anyone reading 'I'm Better Off Alone'? I'm kinda thinking off pulling the plug on that one...