‹ Prequel: Temporary Home
Status: Finished!

Temporary Life

Chapter 2

Image

I guess I should explain myself. The day before I was kidnapped, I had taken a pregnancy test, and it was positive. I was planning on telling Alex, until I was taken away. When I had gotten back, he let jealousy over take him, just because I hugged Bam before him; and they call girls petty? Anyways, after that night, I knew it would be worthless telling him. Why should I give him another chance to accuse me of something, or put me down? I decided I would raise the baby on my own.

But I wasn't alone. I had moved in with Bam and, of course, I told him. He said he would help support me through the whole thing. Well, since I was distracted with the whole baby thing, there wasn't much time for Bam and I. So we decided it would be best if we just stayed friends for a while. Then, Missy came along... It hurt in the beginning, but I think that was just the extra hormones from being pregnant. I was happy for him, I really was. Happy that is was Missy, not so much. We didn't exactly see eye to eye. I could understand feeling uneasy about having another girl, who was about to have a baby, living with you. That would make me feel a little nervous. But, after getting to know her, and still not liking her, what was up with that?

Anyways, I had little Lily Rose Haner (yes, I used my name and not his), on November 21st. She's now six months old. Everyone in the house, including Ape, Phil and Jess when they came over, helped out. The first few months were really hard. Lily was a melancholy baby, so she just couldn't get comfortable. No one, outside of Bam's house/group knows about her, including my family.

Yes, it was hard leaving my family and friends behind, but I saw this as a new door that had opened. It was time to experiment and go on with my own life. I was still taking on-line classes for college. It was going, but slowly.

"Bam, I'm going to be working nights. In which time, I can find someone to watch her," I said, rocking Lily gently.

"What's wrong with me?" Bam asked confused. "I've been there for her since she was still in the womb!"

"I'm sure Missy wouldn't appreciate it too much," I mumbled, walking to the kitchen to get Lily a bottle. I knew that would shut him up.

"Kels, if you need to, you can bring her over. You know we don't mind, plus we have the experience," Jess said, leaning against the counter.

"Are you sure though? I don't know what my hours are going to be just yet, and I don't just want to dump her on you every night."

"You won't be dumping her on us. She’s just like a niece to me, you should know that."

I sighed, looking down at Lil. "What do you think, Baby girl?" I asked, kissing her forehead. "If you really think you want to, then alright. I'll even pay you."

"Don't even try. I don't watch my niece for pay."

I laughed, shaking my head at him. Apparently I wasn't getting Lily's bottle fast enough, because she started crying. Then, to top it off, my phone started ringing.

"Which one do you want me to take?" Bam asked, walking in with a knowing smile.

"Baby, please," I said, handing him Lily.

"Hey there, cutie. What're you givin' your momma a hard time for, huh?"

"Hello?"

"Kels? Is that a baby crying?" Oh shit! It was Dad…

"Uh... Yeah. I'm at Jess' right now. What's up?"

"Oh, I was just calling you to talk... I miss you."

I sighed, rubbing my forehead. "I miss you too, Dad. But you knew I was going to move out sooner or later."

"Yeah, I wish it was later," he mumbled.

"Dad, I'm sorry, but I have to go. I have a lot to do, I love you," I said, before hanging up, before I rushed to get Lily's bottle. Being a mom is tough sometimes, but worth it.

*Brian's P.O.V.*

"Hey, Man. What're you doing?" Jimmy asked, walking in with the rest of the guys.

"Just got off the phone with Kels," I sighed, putting my phone on the table.

"Really? How is she? I haven't heard from her in a while," Zacky said.

I shrugged. "I guess she's been really busy lately."

"Too busy for us?" Jimmy pouted.

"Guess so..."

Why did she have to leave?