‹ Prequel: Temporary Home
Status: Finished!

Temporary Life

Chapter 33

Image

When we got back to Dad's, everyone was still here. The house was crazy. "Kelsi! You're back!" Ky smiled, running over to me. Luckily Bam was holding Lily, 'cause Ky jumped right into my arms.

"Hey, you. Have you been being good for Dad and Michelle?" I asked, putting him on my hip.

"Of course! I even helped Auntie Val earlier."

"Really? You're such a good boy. That's what I love about you." I said, kissing the top of his head. "Now go find Coby and annoy him. Tell him I said it was ok."

"Ok!" He giggled, jumping out of my arms. "Hey, Coby!"

"Oh, you are so messed up." Bam laughed, shaking his head. "Hey, Ky! Go after Raab too!"

"Hey, you guys are back." Lacey smiled, walking over to me and giving me a hug. I smiled and hugged her back.

"Where is everyone?"

"Living room mostly."

I nodded. "Where's Val?"

She smiled knowingly. "Kitchen."

I turned to Bam. "Can you go let everyone know that we're back? I'll be in there soon." I said, before walking off to the kitchen.

Val was leaning against the counter, her hands on her stomach as she looked at the floor, deep in thought. Her eyes were still red and puffy from crying. I think she cried as much as I had these past few days.

"Val." I said softly. Her head snapped up at the sound of my voice.

"Kels, Sweetie, I am so sorry. I don't-"

"No, Val. It wasn't your fault. It wasn't your fault at all. If it was anyone's, it's mine. You were taking a nap, you need it. You are pregnant with Matt's kid after all." She still looked unsure. I sighed, walking over to her and wrapping her in a tight hug. "Val, you were one of the ones that helped me stay sane when I first got here. I could never be mad at you or hold anything against you. I just wouldn't be able to do it." I said softly, rubbing her back.

"Thank you, Kels." She whispered.

"No, thank you, Val. You were like a mom to me. All you girls were. I'll always love you guys."

"God damn hormones." She said, laughing slightly as she started to cry a little. I laughed, wiping them away.

"Get used to it. They'll keep coming even after the baby's born."

"Great."

"Come on, let's go to the living room." I said, wrapping my arm around her waist.

Everyone looked up at us when we walked into the living room. Jess came over and gave me a hug. "How you doin'?" He asked softly, knowing not to push it.

"Amazing." I smiled. By the smile on his face, he knew why. I walked over to Bam and sat on his lap, laying my head on his chest.

"So, guess what." Leana said, bouncing in place on the couch.

"Do I want to know?" I asked Lacey skeptically. She just laughed and nodded.

"Jimmy and I are getting married!" My mouth dropped in surprise.

"That's wonderful! You guys are good for each other." I smiled, knowing they were the perfect couple. They were the couple that everyone always wished they could be.

"So... What's goin' on with you two?" Raab asked, smirking.

"Say what?" Joe asked, looking over at us. Then a light bulb went off in his mind. "No way! Dude, I knew it! Pay up, Devin!" He said, holding his hand out to Dev who rolled his eyes and handed him a twenty.

"Why does everyone always place bets on me?" I asked curiously.

"It's fun." Joe said, smiling.

"Brat."

"Wait, so you two are..." Matt trailed off, pointing between us.

"Yes, we're together, Matty. We're just trying it out for now." I smiled down at Bam.

"But, hopefully it stays this way." He said, wrapping his arms around my waist.

Alex huffed, before walking out of the room. "I swear he is such a drama queen." Leana said, rolling her eyes.

"Where's Dad?" I asked, noticing he wasn't here.

"Upstairs with Michelle." Val said, pursing her lips. I could tell she wasn't too happy about that, like me.

"Hey, Jim." I said, trying to get his attention. He looked up at me in surprise. "You wanna go for a quick walk?" I asked, knowing I had some making up to do.

"Sure." He said, standing up.

"I'll be back." I told Bam, standing up as well.

"I'll be here with Lil." He smiled, picking her up. He was so great with her. It's like he was her true father instead of Alex...

Jimmy and I walked down the sidewalk out front in silence. "Jim... I'm sorry for the way I've been acting lately. I know I owe an apology to all of you... But, for some reason, I just feel like I hurt you the most." I said, feeling ashamed.

"It's ok, Kels. I know you were going through a tough time."

"But that doesn't give me the right to act like that." I said, stopping to look at him. "Jim, you were the one that made me feel the most welcome when I was first here. You were the one that understood me. I felt so attached to you. And I know I've been a bitch towards you these last few days, and I had not right to that. You've been nothing but loving and helpful towards me. There's no excuse for my actions."

"But there's no excuse for you to beat yourself up over it. Everyone has their right to their own feelings."

I stared at him for a few minutes, before pulling him into a hug. "I love you, Jim."

"I love you too, Munchkin."

"You know I'm going back with Bam though, right..."

"I know, and I'll support you the whole way."

I paused. "What do you think Dad will say?"

He sighed. "I don't know... I know he won't be happy, but you gotta do what you gotta do. You can't please everyone all the time."

I looked up at him, smiling. "How do you do it, Jim?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"How do you always have an answer to everything?"

He laughed. "Oh, sweetie, if I had an answer to everything then I wouldn't have any questions, but I still do."

Me too, Jimmy. Me too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Her and Jimmy made up!! Aw... sorry, I had to... it was just one of those 'aw' moments... yeah...