‹ Prequel: Temporary Home
Status: Finished!

Temporary Life

Chapter 34

Image

We walked back into the house, and I decided it was time to tell Dad that we were going back. "Is he still upstairs?" I asked Matt. He nodded and I headed up to his and Michelle's room. I knocked softly on the door, not knowing if she was asleep or not.

Dad opened the door to see it was me. "Hey, what's up?" He asked, walking out and closing the door behind him.

"Can we talk really quick?" He nodded and we went down stairs. We walked into the kitchen and he leaned against the counter.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"I just wanted to let you know that... Lily and I are going back with Bam... I think it's for the best."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well... Bam and I are going to try the whole dating thing... So that would be a little hard for us to do when we're opposite sides of the country."

"Then why can't he just move here?"

I sighed. I should have known he was going to make things difficult. "Dad, you have enough things to handle here. We would just be in the way."

"What things? You and Lily could never be in the way. You are my daughter and she is my grand daughter. Nothing will change that."

"I know, Dad, just... I'm going back and that's final. I just thought I'd give you a heads up this time."

"Fine. Do whatever the hell you want. It's your life anyways, right?" He snapped, before walking out of the kitchen.

I wrapped my arm around my waist, and covered my mouth with the other. Why did he have to make this so hard? I love my dad so much and I don't want to hurt him... But he just needs to understand that I need to spread my wings.

*Brian's P.O.V.*

I can't fucking believe her! I just got her back and now she's going to leave again?! God damn Bam. He's the only reason she's going back.

I heard the sliding glass door open as I stopped pacing out back. Jimmy, Coby and Val walked out. "What's got you all wired up like a caged animal?" Matt asked.

"She's going back! She's fucking going back with Bam! I can't believe she's doing this." I said, throwing my arms in the air.

"Why does it bother you so much, Brian? She's trying to make a life for herself and be happy. Why can't you be happy for her?" Jimmy asked.

"Because I want her here with me! She needs me! How can I take care of her when she isn't here?!"

"Does she need you? ... Or do you need her?" Val asked softly. "Brian, you're acting very childish and very selfish right now. You're daughter loves you very much, and you need to give her her freedom. She is a grown woman now. Yes, she will always need you, but you can't keep her to yourself for forever."

But why not?

*Kelsi's P.O.V.*

The next morning, we were getting ready to go to the airport. Jess had Lily as I was saying my good bye's to everyone. "You better visit more often, Missy." Jason said, as him and Matt Berry pulled me into a hug.

"I'm gonna try guys." I laughed, patting their heads.

I turned to my Avenged family, and saw tears in all of their eyes. "You guys act like I'm going off to war or something."

"You might as well be." Zack mumbled. I smiled sadly, and walked over, pulling him into a hug.

"I love you." I said into his shoulder.

"I love you too, Baby." He said, kissing the top of my head.

This was the same with everyone else, except Dad... He was the only one that didn't come to say good bye. I tried going up to see him earlier, but he wouldn't open the door.

"He does love you." Jimmy whispered into my ear as I gave him a hug.

"I know... I just wish he would come down." He sighed and held on tighter, not knowing what else to say.

"You take care of her, Bam. No exceptions." Matt said sternly.

"Yeah, or you'll have all of us on your ass." Coby said, crossing his arms.

"Really, guys? Do you seriously think you have to give me this talk?" Bam asked, raising his eyebrows.

"You never know..." Johnny trailed off.

"Just take care of our girls." Leana said, still hugging me.

"We will, Leana." Jess said, smiling.

"Babe, we gotta get going or we'll miss our flight." Bam said softly.

"That's ok." Leana said.

I laughed, trying to detangle myself from her. "I love you, Lee. But we gotta go." I said, prying away from her. She pouted but nodded.

"You know we're going to call every night, right?" Gena said, smirking.

Bam and I looked at each other. "We're turning the phones off." He said, while I nodded.

"Yeah right." Raab said, laughing.

"You better have rooms ready for all of us though." Beth said, laying her head on Jake's shoulder.

I laughed, knowing they would all be out there soon enough. "Bye, guys. I love all of you." I said, as we walked out the front door.

Just as I was about to get in the car, someone stopped me. I looked up confused, to find Dad. His eyes were blood shut as tears continued to fill them. He didn't say a word while pulling me into his arms. He buried his face in my hair as I closed my eyes, remembering his embrace. "I love you, Daddy." I choked out.

"I love you too, Babygirl." He pulled back and kissed my cheek. "You better go." He said, stepping away. I nodded as I got in.

He stood in the drive way and watched us drive away until we were too far to see anymore.

Huntington would always be the place where I found my true family. But my place was with Bam and Lily now... It was time I spread my wings for good.