‹ Prequel: Temporary Home
Status: Finished!

Temporary Life

Chapter 40

Image

"Dad, what are you talking about?" I asked, my mind not fully wrapping around his statement.

"With Michelle. This whole pregnancy has changed her! And not for the better! All she does is whine and bitch and moan. I just... Ugh!"

"Ok, first, you need to breathe. Second, you need to snap the hell out of it. Yes, Michelle pissed me off when I was with how needy she was. But the bitching and moaning comes along with the pregnancy. She just needs to learn to deal with it, and you do to. You're not going to walk away from this baby, Dad, because I will end up walking away from you." I said, before ending the call and throwing the phone down on the bed.

"I'm not going to ask if every thing's ok... I'm going to ask what's wrong." Bam said, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall of the bedroom.

I jumped up from the bed and started pacing. "How could he have the nerve to say something like that?! Every woman reacts different to a pregnancy, but come on! No matter what, the father was supposed to stand by her side. I made my choice in what I did and I got through it! I'm not going to let my little sister or brother be raised without him like I was."

"Babe." Bam wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and pulled me into his chest. "You need to calm down."

I sighed heavily and relaxed into him. "It just frustrates me... I understand the first few months are hard and everything, but how could he..." I shook my head, not going on because I would just get even more worked up.

"Why don't you go back down stairs and see what the guys are up to." He said, kissing my shoulder, before pulling away.

"What are you going to do?" I asked confused.

"Think of something to pull on Jess. I haven't gotten him in a while." He said, smirking thoughtfully. "I'll be down there in a little." He said, pecking my lips lightly before walking me out the door.

When I got down stairs, I headed to the kitchen and decided I wanted to make an Ice Cream Sundae.

"Watcha doin'?" Raab asked, since most of them were in there, doing God knows what.

"Getting something." I said, pulling out the ingredients I wanted.

"Dude! Are you gonna make an Ice Cream Sundae?" Chris asked excitedly.

"Why..." I asked cautiously.

He smiled goofily, acting like a little kid. "I think he wants some sugar too." Steve-O said, laughing at Chris who started nodding his head furiously.

"I don't think he needs any..." Knoxville said, looking at Chris like he was on crack. Well... You never knew with him.

"I'll see." I laughed, getting the ice cream out.

"Can I have one?" Dunn asked, leaning on the counter next to me.

"I don't know. Do you have two hands?"

"Burn!" Dave laughed.

"How is that a burn?" Dunn asked confused.

"Never mind, Dude."

"I love you, Kels." Jess smiled, laying his head on my shoulder.

"What is it with you guys? You're not old enough to do things yourselves?"

They all looked at each other, then back at me. "Nope." They said, before laughing.

"Ass wipes." I said, shaking my head.

"But, Kels..." Dave whined.

I put the spoon in my hand down and looked at him. "I'm going to throw something at you." I said seriously.

"Do it!" He thought I was joking...

I picked the spoon back up, scooped some ice cream onto it and chucked it at him. It hit the side of his face, and slide down his neck.

He stood there for a few seconds, just staring at me, before slowly grabbing the bag of gummy worms. "Girl, it is on like fricken donkey kong." He said, throwing a hand full of gummy worms at me.

"No! Not the worms! Save the worms!" Chris said, diving for them.

Next thing I knew, it was an all out food fight. All thoughts of Dad and his idioticness out the window.

*Bam's P.O.V.*

I made sure Kels had gone down stairs, before going to get my phone.

"She's mad at me now, isn't she?" Brian said.

"Well hello to you to." I said sarcastically. "She's not mad. Just... Frustrated?"

He sighed. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize to me. Talk to Kels. She thinks you're going to abandon this kid."

"I wouldn't do that!"

"Then what were you talking about?" I asked confused.

"Well... I guess she took it that way... Ugh."

"What exactly did you say?"

"I just said I didn't think I could do this-"

"Brian! That's practically saying you give up! How else do you expect her to react?!"

"I know, I know. I was just having a stupid moment."

I closed my eyes, pinching the bridge of my nose. "Brian, Kels had a rough pregnancy, so I know you're most likely tired and stressed. But, I'm not even the father of Lil and I stood by Kelsi's side throughout the whole thing. I'm still standing by her side. Of course there were moments when I got frustrated with her, but I never would have thought about giving up on her. It needs to be the same with you. Don't let it get to you. Yes, be there for Michelle, but for the day and a half that I was there, it does seem like she needs to toughen up a bit about the whole thing. Tell her that, but in a nice way. I know Leana already told her off, but maybe she needs to hear it from you."

"You're right... Alright, I have to go talk to Chel. Tell Kels I'll call her tomorrow."

"Will do." I hung up and tossed the phone onto he dresser.

I walked down stairs and heard laughing and yelling. I cautiously walked into the kitchen to find it a total mess...

*Kelsi's P.O.V.*

I was currently hiding behind the island, away from Knoxville. Raab and Steve-O were with me. "What else do we have?" Raab asked.

"Nuts and cherries." I said, looking down at our amo.

"Go for the nuts!" Steve-O said.

"Not cool!" Knoxville shouted at him.

"We were talking about the food nuts, you dweeb!" I called back.

"What's it with you and names?"

"What's it with you and your face?"

"Damn, someone's feisty tonight! Watch out, Bam!" Dave said, cracking up.

"No, do the cherries." Raab said.

"Do you know how sexual this whole conversation sounded?" I looked up and saw Bam in the door way of the kitchen. "And what the hell did you guys do to my kitchen?!"

"Chris started it!" We all yelled at the same time.

"Of course." He said, rolling his eyes.

"Attack!" Was all we heard, before there was even more stuff being thrown. I started chasing Knoxville around the kitchen, as Dunn was chasing me.

Seconds later, Knoxville couldn't turn the corner fast enough and ended up running into the cabinet. When I tried sliding around the corner, I slipped and fell straight on my back.

"Ohh..." They all groaned, knowing my back problems.

"Safe!" Raab said, sliding down next to me. "You ok?" He asked, still laughing about something.

I slowly raised my head to look at him. "I'm out." I laughed slightly, before letting my head fall back down. I groaned as it hit the hard wood floor, not remembering how hard it was.

"Smooth move, Babe." Bam laughed, before walking over. "You want help up?" He asked, bending over me. I smiled evilly. "Don't. Even. Think. About. It." He said, articulating each word.

"Too late!" I said, before pulling him down. He ended landing on top of me and I groaned again. He laughed at my failure. I just glared at him, and rubbed my ice cream filled hands all in his hair. His face scrunched up as he shook his head.

"I have an idea." He said, smiling. He reached for the jar of cherries and placed one on my neck where there was smudged ice cream. He leaned down and took it into his mouth while licking my neck.

"Whoa! This desert fight is getting a little too sexual!" Raab said laughing. When doesn't he laugh?!

"What?!" Everyone said, popping up from their hiding places.

"Aw, come on! That's my brother. That's just weird!" Jess groaned.

"Hey, he's on top of me. I can't do anything about it." I said innocently.

"We don't need to know what positions you like, Kels." Dunn said, smirking.

"Oh, fuck you."

"Don't say it in front of Bam! He might catch on!"

"Oh please." Bam scoffed. "Like she'd choose you over me."

"Well..." I trailed off, biting my bottom lip.

Bam looked down at me, horrified as everyone else laughed. "Oh hell no." He got up and picked me up.

"Where are you going?! We aren't done with the war!" Dico yelled after Bam as he ran up the stairs.

"I'm going to show my girlfriend why she isn't going for Dunn!" Bam called back as I looked at him with wide eyes.

The all wolf whistled and cat called after us. "How about we just take a shower." I suggested.

He pouted but nodded. "I guess."

"Soon, Babe, soon." I smiled, kissing his cheek, then running to the bathroom and locking the door before he could follow me in.

These past two days have been very interesting...
♠ ♠ ♠
haha... desert fight! :} those are SO funny!
5 comments before I update again? :]]
who wants to kick Brian's ass for being such a woose?