‹ Prequel: Temporary Home
Status: Finished!

Temporary Life

Chapter 42

Image

The next day was equally stressful. But, Bam and I were still not talking. I hadn't seen much of him today anyways... I woke up and he wasn't there. That hurt a bit. I had gotten used to waking up to him. Even before we started dating and me moving into his room.

My back was giving me problems again, and from the recent accident with the shooting, it just made my back problems worse. I stiffly walked down the stairs, knowing one of the guys had already gotten Lily up. I had slept in late this morning.

"Look who's up. Say hi, Mommy." Raab said, waving Lily's little hand. She mumbled something out, which sounded nothing like the word. I smiled at her attempt and walked over to pick her up.

I bent down, and my back had a spaze attack. I froze in picking her up, and Raab took her back into his arms. "Sorry." I said, standing up straight, trying to stretch my back out.

"Maybe you should lay down." He said cautiously. I gave him a look, before picking Lily back up and walking to the kitchen.

"What should Momma make for breakfast, huh?" I said more to myself than Lily as I walked around with her on my hip. For being almost a year old, she was still a bit small for her age. The doctors said she was healthy, so I didn't worry about it. Guess she would just take after me in height.

"Pancakes." I heard what I assumed to be an imitation of Lily's voice. I turned and saw Dico and Novak.

"You guys want pancakes?" I asked.

"Don't worry, we'll just go out since we don't know how to make them ourselves..." Dico said, looking at the stove like it was an evil beast or something.

I rolled my eyes and handed Lily to Novak. "Normal, chocolate chip, banana, blueberry, strawberry? Which kind?" I didn't hear them say anything, so I turned back around to look at them.

There were staring at me like I had three heads. "Who are you and what have you done with Kelsi? She usually tells us to make our own breakfast..." Dicos said, eying me up and down.

I sighed, putting my hands on my hips. "I feel like being nice this morning. So, which one?" They both gave me different answers, so I decided to just make a bunch of different kinds.

"Well looks who's up and cooking." Ville said, walking over and leaning against the counter next to the stove.

"Who knows what they'll eat if someone doesn't cook for them." I said, getting another batter ready.

"Raab said your back was bothering you earlier. Do you want a back rub?" He knew I loved his back rubs and I could never resist.

"Maybe after breakfast."

He looked at me, then the stove, then back to me. "Love, I think there's plenty of pancakes there." He said, laughing lightly.

"Have you not seen how these guys eat? I'll be surprised if this lasts five minutes."

"Well, then they'll just have to make it last." He said, taking the spatula out of my hand and setting it down, before leading me out of the kitchen.

"Prey-tail, what are you doing?" I asked as he continued to walk me somewhere.

"It is a beautiful spring day and you are going to enjoy it before you have to go to work."

"I actually don't have to go to work today." I had Monday's Thursday's and the weekends off now that I was part-time manager. I was thankful for that.

"Then it looks like you have a very relaxful day ahead of you." We were now out back and he was sitting me down on one of the chairs on the deck. "Now, I'll bring you some breakfast and you're going to eat it."

"What if I don't?" I challenged, raising an eyebrow.

"Then I'll get Vito over here and tell him you want to spend the day with him."

My eyes widened as he smiled. "That was just cruel." He laughed as he walked back inside. That man was pure evil sometimes...

I was sitting there, eating with Ville as Lily played in her play pen, when Bam came up the stairs. He didn't bother walk over to say hi or anything. His eyes made contact with mine for a few seconds, before he walked inside. My stomach clenched in knots as I pushed the plate of food away from me.

Ville sighed. "You've barely eaten anything, Kelsi." He said, shaking his head.

"I'm not hungry." I said, before getting up and picking Lily up, and walked inside.

I knew I had been off with Bam and pretty much a bitch (which everyone else said I wasn't), but did he really have to start ignoring me? I hated this...

I got ready for the day and then got Lily ready for the day. When I walked back to grab my phone off the night stand, there was an envelope with my name on it.

This is the start of your scavenger hunt. It will take you all day, and Jess is going to watch Lily. Now, get your keys and go to the first place I took you to when you first moved in with me.

I stared down at the letter in confusion, and thought it over. He had something planned, and I wasn't sure if it was a prank or not...

Oh well, never know unless you try.
♠ ♠ ♠
If I get five comments, you guys will figure out what happens after the scavenger hunt...
Check out my new story! - Just A Dream