‹ Prequel: Temporary Home
Status: Finished!

Temporary Life

Chapter 44

Image

I woke up the next morning with my head on Bam's chest. His hand was softly stroking my back. I looked up and saw him smiling back down at me.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked, repositioning my head so I could look up at him.

"Not long." He said, kissing my forehead. I smiled contently. This is how I wanted to wake up every morning...

"Have you guys seen-" I groaned as Raab walked in the door. Bam pulled me closer to him and wrapped the blankets tighter so he didn't get a look at our white asses. "You sick bastards! I just wanted to have some whipped cream on my french toast this morning, but no! You had to use it for dirty things last night..." He shuddered as he picked the can up and walked back out of the room.

Bam looked at each other, before cracking up. There was no use keeping it in. "That should have been caught on camera." Bam said as our laughter died down.

"Who knows..." I said, sitting up.

"Where are you going?" He asked, pouting.

"I'm going to get up, because we can not sit in bed all day." I said, poking his nose. He tried biting my finger, before I pulled it away. "Too slow." I laughed.

"That's not what you were saying last night." He shot back.

"Don't start, Mister." I warned as I got dressed. "Now, come on. I think you're mom's down stairs cooking. She's the only one out of everyone down there that can make french toast." I said, slipping on my slippers and walking out the door.

"Morning, Sweetie." Ape said as I kissed her cheek in the kitchen.

"Morning, Ape. What's the special occasion? Who died? Was it Novak?"

"Hey! I'm right here!"

I smiled. "I'm just messin' with you."

He mumbled something as he continued to eat. "So, Lily's birthday party's in two days. Anything you need me to pick up?" Ape asked as she up.

"I don't think so... I just can't believe she's already going to be a year old..." My eyes misted up a little. My baby was growing up!

"Did you invite Alex?" Dunn asked.

"No. And none of you fuckers better have or I will kill you." I said, staring all of them down.

"Ok, Babe. Enough threatening for the morning." Bam said, kissing my cheek as he walked to get a cup of coffee.

I looked over and saw that Dico had the can of whipped cream. I tried holding in the laugh that so desperately wanted to come out. "Hey, Dico. How's your french toast?" I asked innocently.

"Great, why?" He asked, confused.

"Just wondering." I said, shrugging. Bam saw and almost spit his coffee out.

"What did you do to these?" Dico asked, dropping his fork.

"Nothing. We just came down. How could we have." Bam covered.

Dico looked around the room, trying to figure out if someone had done something to his breakfast. "Who did what to my french toast?" He asked, putting his hands on his hips. This just made it funnier.

"Nothing. Better lay off the drugs, man. They aren't good for you." I said, laughing and shaking my head.

"How's that whipped cream?" Raab asked, trying to keep a straight face.

"What did you do to it?!" Dico screeched, throwing it across the room.

"Don't ask me. Ask Bam and Kels."

Everyone looked at us, as I started blushing like mad. I had no idea why! I should be used to this kind of stuff with these guys!

Bam pulled me into his side and I buried my face in the crook of his neck. I felt his chest vibrate as he laughed. "Eh, shut up."

The rest of the morning was calm. I watched a little bit of t.v. with Lily laying on me. We did this a lot. Most of the time it was the only way I could get her to sleep.

The phone started ringing, and Bam grabbed it before it could wake her up. "Kels, it's Ky." His face looked confused and concerned. He picked Lily up as I took the phone.

"Ky? Sweetie, what's wrong?" I could hear him crying on the other end of the line.

"Kelsi! I want to come live with you!" This shocked me.

"Kyle, what's going on?"

"I don't want to be here anymore! Mommy and Daddy fight a lot and the whole baby thing just makes it worse! Please! Let me stay with you." I let out a long breath, rubbing my hand over my face.

"You can come stay here for a little bit, Baby. Who's with you?"

"Johnny."

"Put him on the phone." I heard the phone being exchanged. "Johnny?"

"Hey, Kels."

"What happened?"

"Bri and Michelle are just hitting a rough patch. None of us know exactly what's going on, but it's not good. Ky just really wants to come see you."

"Alright. I'll send money for a plane ticket and arrange for him to have someone with him on the flight. I'll pick him up at the air port tonight."

"Are you sure about this, Kels? He could always stay with me and Lace for a little bit..."

"No. I can already tell this is going to take a lot for him to calm down. Just send him out here. I know what to do." I hung up and explained things to Bam. I had to call off work, yet again, and set things up for Ky to come out.

When it was time to go get him, I told Bam I would go alone. Who knew how Ky would be feeling?

"Kelsi!" The little boy I would give my life for, came running over to me as I picked him up in my arms.

"Hey, Baby." I set him on my hip and rocked him. "You're ok, Sweetie. You're ok." I grabbed his bag that Johnny sent him with and walked out to the car.

He was silent during the car ride. "Can you tell me what happened?" I asked, worried about him.

"I just felt alone... Daddy isn't happy anymore... And Mommy's mood is always changing." I sighed, shaking my head. "They always fight, and I hate it! I don't want them to yell at each other."

I looked at him and my heart broke. He always hated when people fought. We was always the peace maker... Well, tried to be.

"Kesli! Look out!" I turned to see bright lights.

Then, nothing.