‹ Prequel: Temporary Home
Status: Finished!

Temporary Life

Chapter 45

Image

I woke up to a slight pain, and hushed voice around me. My eye lids slowly opened, but quickly closed at the sudden bright light. I groaned, regretting my choice.

"Kels?" Bam's concerned voice met my ears. "Baby, can you open your eyes?"

"Yeah. Hang on." I mumbled, preparing myself for the bright light to come.

When I opened my eyes, I looked around the room and saw the worried faces. "Are you ok, Baby?" Bam asked, smoothing my hair down.

"Where's Ky?" I asked frantically, sitting up. Bad idea... Pain shot through my right shoulder and collar bone.

"Stay still, Kels." Bam said, concern sweeping over his face again.

"But-"

"He's right here, Kels." Jess said. I turned to my left and saw Ky's head buried in Jess' shoulder. He tried getting him to look up, but he wouldn't.

"Ky Ky, come up here, Baby. I need a cuddle bug." I said, trying to get him to look at me. Jess nudged him a little, thinking he might move, but still no luck. I had no other choice than to do one thing I hated. "Kyle, look at me." I said sternly.

He slowly turned his head to look over at me. His eyes were blood shot and his face puffy. "I'm sorry." He whimpered.

I was confused to why he said that. "About what, Baby?"

"What happened..."

My heart clenched, hearing him say that. "Ky, it wasn't your fault."

"But if I-"

"No, Ky... Now come here." He crawled off Jess' lap slowly and onto the bed next to me. By his movements, I could tell he was scared to hurt me. "It's ok, Buddy." I said softly, wrapping my arm around him. "Are you ok?" He nodded his head and finally relaxed, snuggling into me.

"I love you, Kels." Ky mumbled before he closed his eyes. I kissed the top of his head and held him close with my good arm.

"When can I leave?" I asked Bam. He knew how much I hated hospitals.

"I'll go ask the nurse." He said, giving me a quick peck on the lips, before walking out the door.

"What time is it?" I asked Jess.

"Ten in the morning. I'm surprised you're up already."

The doctor came in and looked me over. My right arm was broken, along with my collar bone. My shoulder had been dislocated, and lucky not to have broken. The rest was just bruising and small cuts. He figured I had tried protecting Ky, who had been sitting in the passenger seat, from the air bag. It had obviously worked because Ky only had to get stitches under his chin. He was fine apart from that.

When we got home, Bam made me stay in bed all day. He put Lily in next to me and Ky on the other side of her. He lay behind me while I lay my head in his lap. He would get up if I needed anything, and that wasn't much.

****

The next day was Lily's birthday party. The accident was not going to keep me from having this for her. It was her first birthday!

"Just sit on the couch and look pretty, Babe. We got the rest taken care of." Bam said, walking me over to the couch and helping me sit down. I was still trying to get used to the thing I had to wear. It sucked having your collar bone and arm broken.

"Hey, Momma." Raab smiled, sitting on the couch next to me with Lily. She smiled when she saw me and crawled onto my lap.

"Hey, pretty girl. Who got you ready today? It must've been Ape, huh?" I said, stroking her hair.

"Actually, it was Bam." He said, equally as surprised as I was.

"Well, he did a good job then."

"Just let us in, Bam." I heard an all too familiar voice. I would usually run over to them, but right now my blood chilled.

I slowly stood up, handing Lily to Raab, who went outside. Bam walked over and wrapped his arm around my waist as Ky clung onto the back of my thigh, hiding.

"What happened?" Dad asked concerned, looking me over. With all the make up and everything, you could still see I had just been in an accident.

"Car accident." I said shortly.

"Is everything ok?"

"Just a few broken bones, as you can see. Nothing major." I stared at him long and hard. "What are you doing here?" The rest of the group had gone out back or to the kitchen. The only one who staid was Jimmy.

"I came to pick Kyle up."

"Obviously he doesn't want to be in that house."

"That house was perfectly fine for you, if I remember correctly."

"Yeah, well, you and Michelle weren't constantly fighting and ready to kill each other. You know, this whole pregnancy has really taken a turn for the worst. Ky called me the other night in tears, begging me to let him stay here! Would you have said no?!" He was silent as he looked at the floor. I finally took a good look at him.

He had bags under his eyes and seemed to have aged a bit. What was going on between him and Michelle that had driven them to this? It couldn't be the pregnancy... They both seemed way too happy for it in the beginning.

I looked back down at Ky. He was still clinging onto my leg, no sign of letting go. "Bam, take him out back with the others." I said softly. Bam nodded and kissed my shoulder, before picking Ky up. "Dad... What's really going on?" I asked, leading him over to the couch and making him sit down.

He sighed, running his hands over his face. "I don't know, Kels... I don't think we were ready to have a baby..."

"Neither was I, but I stepped up to the plate and did what I had to... Now look where I'm at." I took his hand in mine and made him look at me. "Dad, you're strong. You both are. There isn't anything that can stop you from getting through this. Michelle just needs to stop being such a baby about it, and you need to put your life on hold and get ready for this baby. That's the only way it's going to work. Let Ky stay with me for a little while so you guys can work things out. We don't mind having him here."

He looked at me for a few minutes, thinking it all over. "Are you sure?"

I smiled. "Positive."

He kissed my forehead, not wanting to hurt me by giving me a hug. "Have I told you you're the most amazing daughter ever?"

"You might have mentioned it once or twice."

"Well, I'm telling you right now. You're the most amazing daughter. Really, Kels. You don't know how much this might save my marriage." I smiled sympathetically. I didn't know it had gotten that bad...

"Don't worry about it, Dad. That's what I'm here for."

We went outside to find everyone out there, talking and having a good time. "There she she is." Jimmy smiled.

Leana ran over to me and hugged me tightly, watching out for my arm and collar bone. "Hi, Momma." She smiled. Yes, they loved calling me that. It was another one of my many nicknames...

"Hey, Lee." I laughed. After getting hugs from everyone, Bam pulled me down onto his lap.

"How you feelin'?" He asked, rubbing my back.

"Perfectly fine." I said, kissing his lips.

"You better tell me if-"

"Oh, stop being such a worry wort." I said, standing up.

"Then what's your excuse?"

"I'm Momma. I can worry as much as I want." I said, smiling because I knew I had won.

The rest of the day went pretty well, for the most part... Let's just say, around cake time, it wasn't pretty.

And why I call these people my family, I have no idea!
♠ ♠ ♠
See :) she's fine. Well... For the most part. lol. But at least she's alive! Just accident prone...
Comment if you love me! :]]