‹ Prequel: Temporary Home
Status: Finished!

Temporary Life

Chapter 47

Image

I glared at Alex as he stood on the front step. "I'm here to see Lily." He said softly. I could tell he was nervous.

"Oh, you think after your crazy as phsyco girlfriend tried kidnapping her, I'm going to let you in?! I don't think so." I went to close the door, but he prevented me by doing so.

"I wasn't part of it, Kelsi. Despite whatever you believe, I wasn't."

"Then why has it taken you so long to show up after it happened?" I shot back.

"Because I was in shock! I never thought she would do that! You have to believe me, Kels."

"I don't have to believe shit. Also, when you wanted to take my daughter away from me, after I've raised her the past year, plus carried her for nine months! You must really be fucked in the head if you think you can just show up here and see her."

"What do I have to do?"

"What?"

"I'll do anything, Kelsi. I swear! I'll do anything, but please. Just let me see her." He pleaded. I saw the true emotion in his eyes. He meant every word he was saying and only wanted to see his daughter.

I sighed defeated. Damn, I'm becoming soft... "Fine. But I'm warning you. One slip up, and your ass is out of her life until she's eighteen." He nodded rapidly before following me back to the kitchen.

Silence fell over everyone as they saw who had shown up. I didn't say anything. I just took Lily from Dunn and handed her to Alex. He walked off with her to go to the living room, away from everyone. Matt went to take a step to follow him, but I stopped him. "It's ok." I said softly, knowing it was.

"Kels-"

"I'm serious. We had a little chat and have an understanding." He looked at me warily, before nodding his head slowly. I walked over to Bam and lay against him.

"Coffee not enough?" He asked, running his fingers through my hair.

"Not really."

"Well, we could always torture Novak 'till you wake up." He said mischievously.

"Why is it always me?!" Novak yelped, while pouting.

Bam shrugged. " 'Cause it's funny."

"What the hell is he doing here?" Lee asked, walking back into the kitchen with Jimmy's arms wrapped around her waist, tightly. It looked like he was preventing her from going on a rampage.

"Visiting his daughter, Lee." I said softly.

"Do you not remember everything that just-"

"I do."

"Then-"

"They have an understanding." Matt said, a bit mockingly. I looked over and glared at him. He saw my glare and flinched a little, then winced when Val slapped him. "Sorry, Kels. I just worry..."

"Yes, I know. This whole family has a tendency to do that." I sighed heavily.

"Hey! Don't be talkin'. You do it too. All the girls do it more than us!" Johnny said.

"That's because we can." Val said, resting her hand on her cute, little stomach.

"Dude, don't mess with the Mom's. Not a good idea..." Raab said, knowing from experience. "Trust me..."

"So what're we doing today?" Frank asked. I could tell he was already getting bored. That's bad...

"There's not much we can-"

I cut bam off. "Skate? Pranks? Movies? Wreck havoc on poor, innocent people?" I suggested.

"All of the above!" He said, smiling evily.

"Oh fuck..." Gerard groaned, laying his head on the counter. "This is going to be a long ass day..."

"Kels, are you-"

I gave Bam a pointed look and he dropped it. "Which one first?" He asked, slapping on a smile.

"Wreck havoc on poor, innocent people!" Frank said, starting to bounce in place.
"Good luck with that." Dunn laughed, starting to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Bam called after him.

"Work!"

"Ass!"

"Why?"

"... Because I said so."

Dunn started laughing. "Do you know how much of a chick you just sounded like?"

"What? Brian says that all the time?" Johnny said, shrugging, trying to keep from laughing. "Oh wait..."

Dad glared at him. "Don't make me hurt you, too."

"Oh, please! You didn't do any damage to me, old man!" Jimmy scoffed, flexing his muscles.

"Did you just call me an old man?" Dad asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Yes, yes I did. What are you going to do about it?"

Dad sighed, shaking his head. "It's not worth it."

"I win!" Jimmy smiled, doing a happy dance.

I rolled my eyes and unwrapped myself from Bam's arms. He looked at me questioningly. "I'll be back. Try and find something to entertain Frank before he get's loose." He laughed and shook his head.

I walked to the living room and saw Alex sitting on the couch with Lily in his arms. He was looking down at her with absolute love in his eyes. She was gazing back up at him, her eyes wanting to figure him out.

"She gets even more beautiful every time I see her." He said softly.

"Alex, can we talk?" I asked, sitting next to him.

"Of course."

I took a deep breath. "Did you really not see how crazy Jessica was?"

He looked down, thinking hard. "At first, no... But, then things started getting a little... Odd? I guess that's the best term for it..."

"Then why didn't you question it?"

"I don't know... I guess I was just trying to find someone to fill the void."

"What do you mean?"

He sighed. "Kels, I hated ending it with you... You're amazing. You're fun to be around. You have a huge heart. You think of everyone before yourself all the time. Sure, you have your ups and downs, but we all do..."

"I'm still not following, Alex." He couldn't be talking about what I thought he was...

"I miss you, Kels. I know I screwed up, but I still wish it was me with you and not Bam..."

I sucked in a sharp breath. It was different hearing it out loud instead of having a suspicion. "Is that why you said you wanted to take Lily away?"

He nodded, a guilty look sweeping over his face. "I'm sorry. I know I had not right to do that... I just thought... I don't even know what I thought."

"Alex, I won't deny it. You were a complete ass... But, the way you act with Lily, I know you love her and want the world for her... We're just going to have to work on this whole thing, ok?"

"I know... Can you just send me pictures of her and stuff like that? I know I won't be able to visit constantly, but I still want to see her-"

"Yes, Alex." I said, cutting off his rant. "Just consider this your last chance. No more screw ups."

He nodded. "No more screw ups."

Hopefully this would work...
♠ ♠ ♠
You know what I noticed? Guys bicker just as bad as chicks do... maybe even worse! lol
So, a bunch of you figured it was Alex, and you were right! Let's just see if he keeps to his word about no more screw ups... What do you guys think? Tell me in a comment!