‹ Prequel: Temporary Home
Status: Finished!

Temporary Life

Chapter 49

Image

He stood there, waiting for my answer.

My throat closed up and I felt like I couldn't talk. When I opened my mouth to say something, my phone started ringing. By the tone, I knew it was Dad. It must be at least six in the morning over there since it's nine here. Something's not right...

"Hello?" I answered the phone, shooting Bam an apologetic look. The hurt was clear on his face, and I felt horrible.

"Kels! I need you to come!" Dad's frantic voice called through the phone.

"Dad? What's going on?"

"It's Michelle. Something's wrong. She's going into labor." I sucked in a sharp breath. This was not good... She was only eight months pregnant!

"I'm on my way." I hung up and headed towards the house.

"Kelsi!" Bam called after me, trying to catch up. He grabbed my hand and spun me around. "Do I get an answer? Or even an explanation?"

I ran my fingers through my hair, trying to figure out what to say. "Bam, I love you more than anything, you know that."

"Yeah. That's kind of the point behind me asking you to marry me!"

"Something's happened with Michelle. She's going into labor. Dad needs me..." I searched his eyes, trying to see what they would tell me what he wouldn't.

He sighed heavily. "Let's go." We quickly walked into the house to pack a bag.

"How'd it go?" Ville asked, smiling wide. He must've been in on it and that was why he was here...

"Can you watch Lily for a little bit?" Bam asked as I ran up the stairs.

Hours later, Bam and I were arriving at the hospital. The whole time I was praying it wasn't too late...

"Kelsi!" Zacky called my name and I rushed over to the group.

"What's going on? How is she?" I asked, trying to catch my breath.

"They tried giving her something to stop the contractions. They slowed, but..." Lacey's voice trailed off, a sad look sweeping over her face.

"It's going to be ok." I said, trying to reassure all of them.

I had gone into early labor with Lily. Of course, it was only by two weeks, but it was still scary...

"Guys, has-" I turned to see Dad walking over to us. He stopped when he saw me.

He looked horrible. Mostly scarred shit less.

I ran over to him and pulled him into a hug. He buried his face into my hair and held me tight. "It's ok. They're both going to be fine."

"How are you always so strong?"

I laughed shortly. "Not always."

He pulled away and stroked my cheek. "Stronger than I am most the time."

"Where do you think I got it from?" He smiled. "Matt, right?" He scowled playfully. "How's Michelle?" Hey, she might not be my favorite person right now, but I still did care about her.

"Hanging in there... Val's in there with her right now... I'm so scarred. What if something-"

"Dad, nothing is going to happen." I said sternly.

The hours ticked by, and Jimmy and I were busy trying to keep Ky from being bored. Poor little guy just did not understand what was going on.

When I was sitting down, taking a break, Leana and Gena came to sit with me. "So... What's up with Bam?" Gena asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, he looks like someone just ran over his puppy..." Leana said, looking at him sympathetically.

"More like someone running over his heart." I mumbled. Both their heads snapped to look at me. "He purposed." I said softly, looking at the floor.

The squealed and hugged me at the same time. "Where is it?! I wanna see!" Gena said, looking me over.

"Wait..." Leana was able to catch on. "What happened?"

"I didn't give him an answer... Dad's call interrupted us."

"You didn't answer him? Girl, are you crazy?!" Gena asked, looking at me like I was on crack.

"What's got you scarred, Hunny?" Leana asked, taking my hand in hers.

"I don't know... I love him so much... But I just... I feel like it's so sudden." I sighed, putting my head in my hands.

"Kels, can you see yourself with anyone else?"

I thought about it for maybe a second, if that. "Not really..."

"Exactly." I looked up at her confused. "You can't be with anyone else, so that's a sign that you're meant for each other." I nodded my head slowly, thinking she was right. "Go for it, Sweetie. To tell you the truth, from the day I saw you two together, I knew you'd get married one day."

I smiled, giving her a hug. "Thanks, Lee."

"Hey, Kels." I looked up to see...

"Kevin?!" I jumped up and pulled him into a hug. "You look good!" I said, surprised. He really had cleaned up...

"Can we go for a walk?"

"Yeah, of course."

We went outside, thankfully. I needed a breather... "Beth called me and told me. She said that the rest of the gang will be here later. I was the only one free, so I offered to come."

"Thank you. It means a lot. Michelle and Dad are going to need all the support they can."

He suddenly stopped and turned to face me. "Kels, I can't hold this in anymore. I know I already tried once, but I can't help but try again."

"Kevin, what-" I was cut off by his lips crashing onto mine.

*Leana's P.O.V.*

Jimmy and I decided to go get some coffee. We talked as we walked at a slow pace. "I told you." I said, smiling triumphantly.

"Told me what?" He asked skeptically.

"That Bam and Kels would get married one day."

His eyes widened. "No way..."

"Oh, yes." I said, laughing.

He looked away, shaking his head, still not believing it. Then, he stopped. "So, you say Bam purposed to Kels?"

"Yeah. Why?" I asked confused.

"Then why is she kissing Kevin?" My head snapped over to them and my eyes almost fell out of my head. "And why does Bam look like he's about to kill someone?"

"Because he is..."
♠ ♠ ♠
I am evil! Oh so evil! hehehe...
Wonder what's gonna happen! Leave me a comment and tell me what you think. If I get five, you won't have to wait long to see!