‹ Prequel: Temporary Home
Status: Finished!

Temporary Life

Chapter 50

Image

"Kelsi?!" I was snapped back into the world when I heard Bam's angry voice. "What the fuck?!" His eyes were a burning rage as he glared at Kevin and I.

I looked back and forth between him and Kevin and tried to figure out what had just happened. "Did you just kiss me?" I whispered harshly to Kevin. He had guilt in his eyes and I knew the answer. I pulled my hand back and slapped him as hard as I could.

"Oh, don't even try to pull the innocent card on this, Kelsi." Bam spat.

"Bam, he-"

"I don't want to hear it." He growled, before heading towards Kevin.

"Bam, don't!" I got between him and Kevin, but soon found out that was a bad mistake... I felt the pain in my jaw, but quickly forgot about it, realizing I had to make things right with Bam.

"Kelsi! Are you crazy?!" I heard Jimmy's voice before someone was pulling me out from between Bam and Kevin.

Bam shook his head slowly, looking at me with mixed emotions. I knew he hadn't meant to hit me. I had just gotten in the way...

He headed out the doors and I chased after him. "Bam, please!" I was on the verge of tears now.

"Just go back inside, Kels! I have my answer now." He said bitterly.

"No, Bam! You don't have your answer! I was stupid and scarred! I froze and I'm sorry!"

"Well there's obviously more to it if you were just in there kissing Kevin!"

"I know you're not going to listen to me when I say he kissed me, but-"

"You're right, I won't."

"Just listen to me dammit!" I was getting frustrated and everything else was just adding to it. I could feel my body starting to shake and my head getting light. "Bam, I love you more than I have ever loved any other one of the guys I've dated. You're so much more to me than I ever thought you could be... You've been there for Lily and I since the start and I could never understand why... Just know that I love you, Bam. No matter what. If my head wasn't so mixed up, my answer would have been yes, and it still is... I know it's too late now though. But, if I had to show you how much I loved you, I would step out into the middle of traffic right here, right now." I had no idea what I was thinking. Well, that was the problem. I wasn't...

I let my heart take over, and we all know that bad things go down when I let that happen...

I took a step onto the street, only to be pulled back into a strong chest. "God, are you mental?!" I turned and looked up into those ocean blues that I constantly fell back in love with every day.

"Yes." I whispered hoarsely.

He sighed, pulling me into him. I lay my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around his waist. "Did you mean it?" He asked softly.

"Every word."

He pulled my face away from his chest and made me look up at him. He gently ran his thumbs over my cheeks. "Don't cry, Kels." He whispered, kissing the tears stains away. I hadn't even noticed I had started crying...

"I can't help it."

He rummaged through his pocket, before the ring came back into sight. It really was beautiful... "Kelsandra Haner, will you be my wife?"

I smiled and kissed him with all I had in me. "Yes." I whispered against his lips. He smiled and slipped the ring onto my finger.

"I love you." He said, before kissing me again.

We ended making out for God knows how long... Then, we were interrupted by Leana's sqeuals. "I told you! I told you! I told you!" I looked over and saw her jumping up and down as Jimmy looked at her, shaking his head.

"Come on, you. Let's give them their privacy." Jimmy laughed, picking Leana up and throwing her over his shoulder.

"Hey! I was enjoying the Kodak moment!"

"Well go make some of your own. They need to share this one alone."

"No they don't! That's what family's all about! Getting into each other's business!"

I laughed, shaking my head as they walked back inside. I looked back up at Bam and saw him staring down at me. "What?" I asked, stroking his cheek.

"You know you just made me the happiest man ever, right?"

"I'm glad." I lay my head on his chest and looked down at the rock that now sat on my finger. It wasn't traditional, and that's what I loved about it.

"We should get back inside." He said, kissing the top of my head and keeping his arm wrapped around my waist. He looked back down at me and frowned at the right side of my face, including the split lip.

"Don't worry about it." I said, not wanting him to stress over it. I was the one to get in the way. It wasn't his fault.

"I-"

"No, Mister." He knew he wouldn't win this one, so decided to just drop it.

When we got back up to where everyone else was, Gena came rushing over to me. "Michelle had the baby." Fear rushed through me. I didn't wait for her to finish. I just took off towards the room.

Dad met me outside and caught me in his arms. "She's ok, they both are. The baby just needs to stay here for the next few months on an incubator." I could tell he was excited about his second daughter being born, but was also afraid of what might happen.

"See! I told you!" I threw my arms around him and squeezed the life out of him. "Did you guys name her?"

"Not yet... We're still thinking." I could see his still troubled look.

"Her lungs are fully developed, right?" He nodded. "Then there's nothing to be afraid of. As long as her lungs are developed, she'll be ok." I smiled, trying to reassure him.

"What?!" There was a commotion back down the hall, in the waiting room. Soon, there were foot steps heard running towards us. I hid behind Dad, knowing what was coming.

"Did you hear about what just went on with your daughter?!" Zacky yelped.

"Kels? What?" He looked behind him, trying to look at me, giving my position away.

"Get over here, Little girl!" Johnny said, moving Dad out of the way. "Look!" He held up my left hand to show Dad the ring.

When he saw it, I thought he was going to pass out. He looked back down at me with a questioning look. I tried giving him the most innocent look I could. "Bam?"

"No, Frank... Of course Bam!"

The next thing he did surprised me.

He pulled me into a bone crushing hug as he kissed the top of my head. "God, my baby's growing up!"

"Wait a minute... You're ok with this?!" Matt asked, just as surprised as I was.

"I know he'll take care of her and Lily. He's proved that much already."

"But isn't he supposed to ask us permission first?" Johnny asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"That would be the dad, not all of you." I said, laughing.

"Exactly. We're all a part of it together. We said we'd help Brian with you through everything. This counts! So he has to ask all of us." He said stubbornly.

"He's already asked me, and I've already said yes. So it really doesn't make a difference."

"Well... What if he were to still ask and we said no?" He challenged.

"Then I would say I didn't care and would go make out with him."

He pouted, knowing he was defeated. "Just let it go, Man." Dad laughed, patting him on the back. "As long as she's happy, that's all that matters."

I smiled, looking down the hall as Bam walked towards us. "Oh, don't worry. I'm way more than happy."

And I truly was.
♠ ♠ ♠
You didn't really think I would break them up, did you? lol... That was funny... I think all of you freaked out... :}