‹ Prequel: Temporary Home
Status: Finished!

Temporary Life

Chapter 55

Image

It's officially the day of the wedding, and I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack. I didn't sleep at all last night.

"Wake up, Sunshine!" I heard Jimmy's voice, before someone pounced on me.

I groaned, rolling over to see Ky. "Uncle Jimmy did it!" He said, pointing up at the tall giant who smiled innocently.

"It's time to get up, Hun. Big day!" He laughed, before running out.

"Good move, Jimbo." I mumbled, while stretching. "Come on, Kiddo." I said, picking Ky up and placing him on my hip as I walked out of the room.

"It's alive!" Joe said in a creepy voice as I walked down the stairs.

"Oh, go play in traffic."

"Someone's not in a very good mood this morning." He mumbled, before taking Ky from me and running off.

"Hmm, I don't see pink hair. So that can't be the problem." Coby said, looking me over. "What's got the lovely in a bad mood this morning?" He asked, pulling me into his arms.

"I didn't get enough sleep last night." I mumbled into his chest.

"Don't worry. You'll be wide awake soon enough." He said, kissing my head and pulling away. "Now, come eat something before you have to get ready."

"I don't think i can..."

"Yes you can, and you will." He said sternly.

I walked out back to where mostly everyone was at. I got one look at Pete and couldn't help but laugh. "Yeah, uh huh. Laugh it up. You're lucky it's your wedding day." He huffed, crossing his arms and sinking down in his chair.

His hair was a now vibrant pink... Again.

"I don't care who did it, but they just made my morning." I said, laughing and sitting next to Devin.

Two hours later, it was time for us to start getting ready.

As Beth did my hair, I started having a random panic attack. "Kels?" She asked, noticing I was having troubles breathing. "Oh fuck. Guys! Where's Brian?"

Val came over to see what was wrong. "Sweety, your dad's at the hotel with Bam. Do you want me to call him?" I shook my head no while trying to get my breathing back to normal.

"Go get one of the guys. I'll stay here." Beth said, putting the curling iron down and sitting next to me. "Come on, Babe. Breath."

"Hey, what's this I hear about a panicking bride?" Pete's voice flooded my ears. Beth left and it was just Pete and I left in the room. "What's goin' on, Sweety?" He asked, handing me a glass of water.

"I don't know." I said in a shaky voice.

"Is everything just catching up to you?" I nodded, taking a drink of the water. "Hey, look at me." He cupped my chin so I would look up at him. "Everything's going to be fine. This whole day is going to be perfect. You and Bam were meant to be together. There's nothing else to it." We sat in silence for a few more minutes. "Better?" He asked, rubbing my back.

"Yeah. Thanks, Pete." I gave a small smile.

"No problem." He kissed my cheek, before sending the girls back in.

After hours of getting ready, it was finally time.

The time I never thought I would see come, did.

Everything was perfect.

Dad was a little reluctant about giving me away. He kept whispering in my ear that it wasn't too late to run. I gave him one good elbowing to the ribs and he didn't say it anymore. I knew he was just giving me a hard time, but I wasn't going anywhere.

"You may kiss the bride."

Bam smiled like the damn Cheshire Cat, before wrapping his arms around my waist and dipping me. There were cat calls and wolf whistles, along with Brendon yelling 'PDA!', like always.

At the reception, I didn't sit down at all. First was Bam and I's first dance, then the father daughter dance, then I had to dance with all the guys and my uncles and, well... Everyone! My feet hurt that I took my shoes off after an hour!

"Take care of our girl, Bam." Matt said as we were getting ready to leave. We were going a hotel tonight before we left for Spain. Yes, I actually talked him into going to Spain for a few days. It wasn't too hard...

"Don't worry, I will."

I gave everyone one last hug and kiss good-bye, before we drove off.

*** The Hotel

Image

When we got to the room, Bam couldn't keep his hands to himself anymore. I smiled into the hungry kisses he was giving me.

I still couldn't believe how lucky I was to have him, to finally be married to him. It seemed like just yesterday we had met on Warped Tour.

"I love you, Kels." He mumbled into my neck, leaving a trail of kisses.

"I love you too, Bam." He picked me up and took me over to the bed, laying me down.

This night wasn't about hunger or need.

It was about love and passion.

We showed each other just how much we loved one another.

This was not a night or day I would forget for the rest of my life.