Look At What I Deal With

The Least I Can Do

When I woke up it was two in the afternoon and I saw Kate in my room opening the curtains letting light pour in. I pulled my cover over my head curling into a ball groaning.

"Get up Em."

"No. Give me ten more minutes."

"You said that twenty minutes ago."

I groaned as Kate pulled the covers off me. I could sleep forever if given the chance. It was to early to be awake. I opened my eyes and looked out my window to see Leo holding El in his hands as he peered into my room. He smiled and I rolled off my bed and onto the floor face down. The floor was cold.

"Emily."

"Leave me here."

"Get up."

"Ok. Ok. Ok. I'm getting up."

I got to my feet and got my towel off my nightstand where I placed it last night. A shower would wake me up. I went to take a shower and brushed my teeth before getting dressed into a pair of jeans and my Yankee t-shirt and navy blue converse. I straightened my hair not teasing it since I stopped out of laziness and headed down stairs to find Kate in the kitchen pouring a cup of coffee before handing it towards me.

I jumped onto the counter drinking it. Katherine's nor Tim's car was in the driveway so I'm guessing there weren't. Just me and Kate the way I liked it.

"Where were you last night? I walked into your room and you weren't there."

"I was over at Leo's house. He needed help with Ella. I think she has colic. She shows all the symptoms."

"That's what I was thinking when I went over to see Elizabeth yesterday. "

"Yeah she looked terrible when I went over there but I watched Ella while she slept and When I put Ella to sleep i cleaned the house until Leo came back from getting some stuff. I washed clothes, washed all the bottles, and gave pointers to Leo on how to take care of El."

"That is nice of you."

"Yeah I was just trying to help."

After drinking my coffee I went up to my room and turned on the lap top Kate got me to do homework on. I let boot and sat on bed when my phone vibrated. At first I thought it was one of the people from where I use to live but I never talked to anyone much. I picked up my phone and I opened the message. It read:

Hey it’s Leo. I was wondering if you wanted to go do something today.
It is the least I could do since you helped me.

Not in a million years would I have expected this to ever happen.

Sure I have nothing to do today.

There was no point in turning on my lap top if I was leaving.

Ok. See you in ten minutes.

I slid on my Trent coat and walked down to the kitchen to tell Kate I was going to go somewhere with Leo. She nodded and gave me eight bucks which I thought was way to much. I just shoved it in my pocket and walked outside to see Leo in his black 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Sports Roof car. My foster father owned this car but it was beaten up so badly. I slid into the passenger seat and Leo smiled with his brilliant smile I could help but laugh. He wore the same hoodie he gave me the night we talked in the back yard and faded jeans. His hair was straight and was pulled away from his eyes.

“Where are we going?”

“It’s a surprise.”

“I’m serious.”

He laughed.

“And so am I.”

He smirked at me while we drove away.

The secret to humor is surprise.
Aristotle