Look At What I Deal With

Lair

At first I didn't know where we were going to go but as he drove around the streets I realized we were heading to the park. Why? I have no idea. The wind was picking up causing leaves to fly around in the sky. The streets were empty it seemed like a ghost town. I looked over to Leo who kept his eyes on the road and when he felt me staring at him he looked over. He smiled and put his left hand on his lap.

"Keep your eyes on the road."

He laughed and stared back as he parked his car right near the entrance.

"Why did you bring me here?"

"Why did you agree to come?"

Is this some sort of trivia question? I didn't know how to answer this. I had no reason as to why I agreed to come I just wanted to I guess. Was I suppose to have a reason? After a moment I just decided to answer him with honesty.

"I don't really have a reason I just wanted to come."

"And I just wanted to bring you to the park."

I stared at him and he just kept walking forward. I just followed behind him as we walked over to the swings. He held onto one by the chains and motioned me to sit down. I haven't been pushed on the swings since I was five. He pulled the chains back and then let me go as I went forward. As I swung back his hands softly pushed me forward. I watched the trees sway in the wind and silence filled the air beside the chains moving.

After a while Leo took the swing next to me and pushed himself. Slowly we fell into the same pattern and I just watched him as his hair moved in the wind.

"Leo?"

He looked over.

"Yeah?"

"Why did you really bring me here?"

"I told you I just wanted to."

Even as he said this I knew it wasn't true, there was a different reason as to why he brought me here. I looked away. We swung on the swings for a good twenty minutes for it seemed like and eternity when Leo got off and began walking back to his car. I followed him. This was weird. We drove back in silence back to my house. I stared at Leo but he didn't look back. Something was up.

When we arrived home I saw Tim's car in the drive way. The front door was opened and you could see the mail on the floor scattered in every direction like someone threw it on the floor. I knew something was wrong.

"Don't tell me Kate told you to do this?"

I figured it out. Why would Leo bring me to the park if his mom would need him to take care of El? Kate told him to. Something was going on with Tim. Leo didn't say anything he just stared at his hands on the steering wheel.

"Oh my god."

I got out the car and ran up the drive way to the front door. It was worst inside. The lamp that was near the couch in the living room was broken on the floor. I heard yelling coming from the kitchen. I went there to see Kate near a corner and Tim on the floor in front of her groaning.

"What's going on?"

Kate looked up and she was crying.

"I told Tim I wanted a divorce and he didn't take it so well. He tried to hit me but I hit him back."

Her voice was shaking and it was barely a whisper.

"Go to Elizabeth's house and wait for me there. I will handle this. In twenty minutes tell Leo to come over so we could clean this place before Katherine comes."

I walked over to her and guided her to the front door. She sobbed quietly before leaving. I was going to make sure this bastard here was going to leave and never come back. He done it alright. I walked to where he was laying and grabbed him by the collar of his suit. God this is going to kill me.

Anger is a killing thing: it kills the man who angers, for each rage leaves him less than he had been before - it takes something from him.
Louis L'Amour