Look At What I Deal With

Blue Sweater

When I woke up I could smell the bacon and eggs cooking in the kitchen. Kate was singing and I heard Katherine in her room looking through here closet. I looked out the window and Leo's curtains were open and he just sat on his bed staring at his feet. He ran his hand through his hair reaching for his cell phone and left the room. I pulled the cover off me and made my way to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and pulled my hair back into a ponytail and got dressed in jeans, a blue and black stripped shirt, with my black vans.

I went down stairs and saw Kate setting a plate on the table.

"I knew you woke up. Here you go."

She gestured to the plate and I sat down eating her food. Katherine came down shortly and smiled as she saw us and got her plate from her mothers hand and sat next to me.

"You know I was thinking we should go to the mall today."

Katherine said to me and then looked at her mother. I thought she would be mean again and be a total bitch to me but I under estimated her.

"What do you want to get?"

Kate took a seat at the table and took a bite out of her eggs.

"I doesn't matter mom. We should all go to get something."

"That sounds good honey. You want to go Emily?"

" Sure."

After eating we went to the mall. It was Sunday and the mall was semi packed. I really didn't want anything but Katherine insisted I get new clothes and shoes. She picked out three pairs of Skinny jeans, five shirts, and two new pairs of shoes. I didn't want to spend any of there money but it didn't seem like a problem since they would never run out of it.

Kate got some things for the house and Katherine got clothes and a sweater she wanted. When we left the store were Katherine got the blue sweater she wanted Kate went to go get a shirt she needed for tomorrow while me and Katherine went to the other stores. I heard the crowd of people behind us and I recognized Troy's voice.

I turned around and there was the crowd of popular kids. Troy stopped when he realized I was standing there.

"Hey Em-"

Katherine noticed them and she froze.

"Don't worry Katherine I can handle this."

I whispered to her when Troy neared me.

"What are you doing with this thing?"

He pointed at me with disgust.

"Don't talk to her like that."

I was surprised she said that. Her face was pale and I knew she was terrified but she sucked it up and spoke.

"Troy your a fucking asshole. You think this makes you cool?"

She looked at him up and down.

"It doesn't, I makes you look like a dam asshole. You criticize people when you don't look at your self. You call Emily a peasant just because she doesn't have money and because she is a foster child. Remember you were one. You didn't have money or parents and since you moved with your foster parents and now you got money doesn't give you a right to be a dick either. Look at yourself before you talk."

"So that's how it's going to be. You going to defend this peasant?"

"Yeah I guess I am. She is my foster sister whither I like it or not and I'm not going to be a total bitch to her or anyone for now on. I know I messed up by hanging with a bunch of fucking retards who think it is funny to make people feel like shit but I'm stopping. I'm different all of you and it took me a while to realize that but I'm done."

She grabbed my hand and turned away.

"Hey you can't talk to me like that."

Troy grabbed her shoulder with so much force she winced.

"She just did idiot."

I punched him dead in the face. He stumbled back wards.

"Try it again and I swear you will end up in the hospital. Didn't you learn the first time."

Katherine and I walked away. She just laughed that she actually stood up to them and the fact that I defended her. We met p with Kate and from there we left home. It was around eight when we finally ate dinner and we talked even after the food on our plates were gone. I took a shower around ten and went to bed since tomorrow we had school. I thought before i drifted off that today was a new start to a new beginning.

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
Maria Robinson quotes