Look At What I Deal With

A Little Bit Mad

I didn't want to wake up this morning. I was tired and I had a massive headache. Although my body said not to leave the bed I got up and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my hair. I was so tired from the ball although I mainly sat down talking to Robert. Maybe it was all the frustration with Rosemarie and Leo that made me tired. I walked over to my closet and took out a pair of skinny jeans and a burgundy shirt and my burgundy converses. I quickly got dressed and slid on a black sweater. It was only seven twenty so I had time to sleep. I snuggled up hugging my pillow when my phone rang.

I reached for it on my nightstand without opening my eyes and picked up the phone.

"Yes?"

"Good morning Emily." It was Leo. I quickly sat up opening my eyes. Thank God my curtains were closed. i could see Leo's shadow at his window. "Did you enjoy your night with Robert?" I could here the anger in his voice. "He sure did seem to."

"So did you and Rosemarie I assume."

How dare her call me to talk about the events that occurred last night. He was the one with Rosemarie talking about how pretty she was and how she could be on a magazine.

"Actually i did have a great time with Robert quite frankly. He is a nice guy to be around with." there was silence on the other end. "If you are done talking I will like to get some sleep before I go to school."

"Goodbye Emily. I hope you have a nice date today." He hung up.

How did he know I was going out with Robert today? It was to late to ask how he found out and i really didn't care. I slid my phone in my pocket and laid back down. I was on the verge of going to sleep when Katherine came in the room.

"Hey Em it's time to go."

"Ugh" I dragged myself off the bed grabbing my iPod and my book bag before heading downstairs. "Hey Katherine can you give me a ride to school because I have plans after school and I didn't want to leave my car in the school parking lot?"

"With Robert don't you?" She smiled. "Sure."

We said bye to Kate and headed to school. As usual the school parking lot was filled with students gathered in groups talking and goofing around. Katherine parked in the back giving us distance to walk to the front entrance. That meant passing Leo who always parked in the front of the school. We got out and began to cross the distance.

"God I am so tired from yesterday."

"Same here. I was dancing the entire time because mom just kept talking to the Constantine's. It was adult talk. Either way I still had fun. How about you?"

"I had a nice time with Robert. He was very polite and cool."

"Yeah he seemed cool. He also seemed to have a lot of interest in you. when we first sat down with them he was asking who was Emily and when I showed him he went to ask you to dance. I guess stories about you spread around town quickly."

"Yeah I guess." I pulled out my phone to text Robert. "he wants to go out later." I quickly wrote him a text to pick me up after school to go out. "I guess it's a date."

"It sure is and I don't Leo over there enjoys the fact that you are going with him and were with him all last night, He kept staring over at our table."

"He was with Rosemarie he seemed to enjoy himself." We were passing Leo. He just stared at me but I kept walking. "It doesn't matter. He has no right to be mad because there is nothing going on between us."

"Yup."

Katherine and I said bye and went to our own classes. My classes seemed to take for ever and every time I saw Leo in the hallway i avoided him until I went to the library to have my lunch. He was in the corner of one of the dark aisles that I didn't notice him until I sat down. He just stared at me with his deep green eyes. Today he wore the hoodie he once let me use and faded jeans with converse. his hair was a mess like he just woke up and didn't bother to fix it.

My phone rang and it was Robert. Good timing. i didn't want to talk to Leo.

"Hey."

"Hey Emily. I called you during lunch so i wouldn't be distributing your classes."

"Yeah that was a good thing. I wouldn't want my phone to ring in the middle of class." We both laughed. I looked over to Leo and saw him holding onto his book so tightly that his knuckles turned white."Anyways what do you plan on doing later?"

"Maybe go watch a movie and get a bite. Nothing to big you know."'

"Yeah that seems nice. Just pick me up after school. Kate is going to be buying things for the house and Katherine might stop by the mall so that leaves me nothing to do at home."

"Sure thing. I will be waiting when you come out."

'Yeah. See you later then."

"Goodbye Emily."

I hung up the phone and it was still twelve twenty I still had a lot of time to spare. I took out my iPod and blasted my music. Leo got up and slung his book bag over his shoulders and walked away leaving me behind in a dusty dark aisle with books that had layers of dist on them. How nice. Before I knew it, it was time to head back to class. The rest of my classes went by pretty fast and then school was over. Robert was right. He was waiting for me with his black Corvet right in front of the school entrance.

He was leading against the passenger door with his arms folded over he chest. He was wearing a black v-neck, with black jeans, black, vans, and a black leather jacket. He really liked the color black. He had a serious case of bed head but it still looked amazing on him. He smiled when he saw me pulling me into a hug.

"Hey Emily."

"Hey." I hugged him back.

He let go and I saw Leo pass us heading towards his car. Leo speed out the parking lot and I followed with my eyes.

"Someone is a little bit mad." He laughed.

"Yeah."

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah."

he opened the passenger door and I got in. Seconds later he was in and we were pulling out the parking lot. Leo was gone.

Humor is reason gone mad.
Groucho Marx