Look At What I Deal With

Broken Nose

When I arrived at school people were staring at me like I had an extra head. Heads began to turn as I walked down the cement path that led to the entrance of Eatonville High School. I knew that Katherine told them stories about me already so I wasn't surprised at all. I bet everyone in this god dam town knows I'm a foster child but it doesn't bug me because I have heard it a million times for the last seven years. I had my I-pod blasting Nineteen by Tegan and Sara so I couldn't here what anyone was saying to me which was a good thing because I know Katherine's friends and her are going to make my life a living hell which I don't care because I am already in one.

The football players of Eatonville were crowded around Katherine and her plastic barbie doll friends pointed towards me.Quickly the guys turned around and laughed besides one. He had black straightened hair cut in the scene haircut if that's what you call it. He wore a football jacket that all the guys wore, the color of blue and white with a white t-shirt, denim jeans and Vans. He looked like he didn't want to be there. His hands were in his pocket and he wasn't paying attention to what they were saying. One of them yelled something and made his way towards me. C'mon give me a dam break! I stopped and took off my earphones.

"So you are the Emily I have been hearing about?"

He was your average jock. Blond hair and blue eyes.

"I'm afraid so." I smirked. "Look I don't really care what Katherine and her low life friends said about me if that's what you came over to blab about."

"So you aren't a foster child sexy?"

His football friends gathered around me along with the one who looked like he didn't want to be there.

"Yeah I am a foster child and don't call me sexy if you don't want your straight nose to be crooked."

"You have jokes I see." He got close to me and we were a inch away from each others face. "What who you are talking to."

"I'm scared." I said sarcastically before he shoved me away. "What the fuck."

I swung out to his nose and you heard it crack. It only takes seven pounds of pressure to break a nose from the side you know. I took boxing and several different self defense classes just to be out the foster house I was in and I can fight and hurt someone badly. The guys gasped when they saw a crimson liquid come out of his nose. Yeah I broke it. He cleaned the blood with the back of his hand.

"Don't you dare touch me again." I glanced at the black straightened hair dude and he started laughing. I got in his face," I could hurt you so watch it."

I began to walk away when Katherine pulled me by the arm. I quickly pulled my arm away.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?"

"Just because your parents adopted me doesn't mean I won't hurt you either! You and I are on a thin line and trust me I won't hold back on you! I dare you to mess with me!"

My voice raised higher than I wanted it to. Katherine turned red. I walked away and entered the school. I didn't want to punch that dude but he asked for it. If he wouldn't have put his hands on me I wouldn't have broke his nose. If it wasn't for the fact I was already mad at Tim for beating Kate maybe then I wouldn't have hit him but I did. What a way to start off the first day at this shit hole school. God I wish I could get my hands on who invented school. The day had just begun and I knew there was going to be hell. Why do bad things happen to good people?

Expecting life to treat you well because you are a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.-- Shari R. Barr