Look At What I Deal With

Laugh Until You Cry

Laugh Until We Cry

Leo took me to school in his car and we rode in silence. I didn’t say anything figuring that he need his own space right now to calm down. We were almost at school when he reached over to grab my hand. He didn’t look at me or say a word. He just kept his eyes on the road. We pulled into the parking lot and today Leo parked all the way in the back. He usually parked in the back. We sat in his car for a minute and then Leo got out his car. He just needed his own time right now. I took a breath and got out. We began to walk and people began to stare at us.

I felt weird. I took out my iPod and began to blast music. It took my mind off the glares I got from a couple of popular girls. I looked at my shoes until I nearly bumped into Leo who was now turned toward me.

“Is there something wrong?”

I took off one ear bud. Leo nudged his head behind me. I turned around to see Robert in his usual black skinny’s, black v neck, with his black vans, and leather jacket. God I did not need him right now. I noticed his busted lip but it wasn’t big but you saw the cut Leo left him. For some reason it didn’t look bad on him at all. It mad him look more bad ass. His hair was of course a mess.

“Hey Emily.”

“Hey.”

I turned to Leo who looked as though he was about to kill Robert.

“Why didn’t you reply to my text earlier?”

“I was busy.”

“Oh I see. Anyways I was wondering if you wanted to catch a bite later? I mean for dinner.”

“Sorry I have plans so I can’t. Maybe some other time ok. I will see you around ok? I need to get to class now.”

I was turning away when Robert reached for my arm and hugged me. I literately thought Robert was going to die at that very instant. Leo’s hands turned into fists and he clenched his jaw tightly. He smirked at Leo. I turned around and grabbed his hands intertwining our fingers as we walked away. I looked at Leo who was smirking at me.

“What can I say? You can’t get made you need to get even.”

“Yeah and I think you just did me the honors in getting even.”

I laughed.

“I sure did. You owe me.”

“How about dinner tonight at this restaurant my mom told me about? But you have to wear formal attire.”

“Are you asking me on a date?”

He thought about it for a second before answering.

“I think I am.”

“Then it’s a date.”

He smiled and we turned into a empty hall. He cupped my face with his hand and kissed me. I could do this forever as long as I was with Leo. He pulled away and walked me to my first class. He kissed me again before heading to his own class. I sat in my usual seat in the back. I recognized there was some new in the seat in front of me. She looked fragile but pretty. She had short black hair that fell forward in a v at the side of her face. Her eyes were brown with black eye liner. She wore skinny’s with blue vans and a white shirt. When I took out my notebook she turned to me.
“Hi. I am Sage.”

She smiled.

“I’m Emily.”

“So you are the girl everyone is talking about. They are talking about you dating some guy named Leon?”

“Leo and we are not dating at the moment.”

“Oh I see. But if I were you I would because all those girls over there are trying to bag him once they get the chance. The girl with the blonde hair is going to invite him to some big party and try to f him.”

She pointed to this girl name Claire. How typical.

“Don’t worry Leo doesn’t like any of them.”

“I wouldn’t either if I were a guy. They are your typical drag queens in high school.”

We both started laughing. Sage was cool. We talked more until class started. Turns out Sage had all the same classes as me. For lunch she came with me to the library where I found Leo in an same aisle we usually saw each other.

“Hey Em. Who’s your friend?”

He got up and stood next to me.

“She is Sage. Sage Leo, Leo Sage.”

“I heard a lot about you.”

“What ever she said is not true. I didn’t pee my pants at all.”

We all laughed.

“Don’t worry she didn’t tell me anything bad.”

We all enjoyed our lunch laughing until we cried. I was crying because my stomach hurt and I couldn’t stop laughing. We got in trouble and had to leave. When the bell rang we went to our last classes and then before I knew it school was over. I walked to Leo’s car with Sage who was parked right next to us in her classic red car. She said bye to me and said she would talk to me later before driving out the parking lot. When I saw Leo I smiled and kissed him slowly.
“You ready to go home Em?”

“Yeah.”

We both got into the car and drove home. I held onto Leo’s hands while we drove talking about how funny Sage was. Sage was nice and was actually the first person that I met who was similar to me. We both had the same out look on things. Leo pulled in front of my house. No one was home right now. He turned to me and pulled me in to a kiss. He smiled and watched me go into the house before going to his. I went upstairs and sat on my bed.

“Shit.”

I had nothing to wear for our date. I had no dress. I took my phone out and texted Katherine. I waited until she got home.

"Disaster, I should have known then!"
-- Lauren Klopacs