Look At What I Deal With

Party of the Year

When I got of the car Leo was at my side and slid his warm fingers into mine. I smiled at him and we began to walk to the front entrance. I got stares from a lot of girls like they were out to kill me.

"Darling I think you have a group of girls who are jealous."

I laughed and he looked at me with a confused look.

"What are you talking about. love? Who cares if they are jealous. They have every right to be. Just look at you. Your so breath taking."

He twirled me around. We both laughed as he stole a kiss.

"Thanks."

He hugged me and we continued our walk. Everything was great. I was the most happiest person on the face of the planet.

"Listen I was thinking we have lunch together but not in the library like we always do. Let's have it in the cafeteria this time."

"What for?"

"So everyone can see us together."

"I never knew Leo cared about what other people saw."

"Well I don't but you know."

He nudged my shoulder.

"OK."

He smiled. We went to our classes and the classes we did have together he kept staring at me and when I caught him he would laugh. When it was time for lunch we met up at the door and walked in. People were all talking in line as we neared them. A girl with red curly hair started at Leo and I with sadness,

"Hey Emily!"

I turned around to see Sage. Of course she look pretty.

"I have to tell you what just happen."

"Spill."

Leo rolled his eyes and laughed walking ahead of us.

" Well you remember that girl Clarie I was talking to you about the other day?"

"Yeah."

"Well she just invited me to her party and told me to take you because there was going to be a big surprise for you. Now you and I of all people know she is going to try to do something terrible to you and Leo. If anything she is going to try to break you two apart."

"So we can turn it down then."

"The thing is you can't. It's an annual party. Every year someone throws an enormous party and every one who is anyone goes. Every year there is a new theme and this year it's a masquerade ball. This is your time to show every one who you and Leo are. You get me? Plus Leo is going because Clarie asked him personally today and he said yes. I heard Clarie was inviting this girl named Rosemarie and her brother."

"Rosemarie?"

"Yeah so that means you have to go. Plus Katherine is going to make you go either way."

"So either way I am suck going?"

"Exactly. The party is three weeks from now and that means you and I have to look better than any girl there. There is a lot of planning to do."

"Ugh. Dresses are so not my thing."

"Well they now are."

We got our lunch and sat at an empty party.

"Leo do we have to go to that party?"

"I said yeah to Clarie I don't want to be a bad person and say no. Besides I hear it's gonna be great."

He smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

"I can't wait to see you in a beautiful dress."

"Yeah."

"You never know what can happen."

Sage sipped her coke.

Maybe it could be great?

Let the first impulse pass, wait for the second.
-Baltasar Gracian
♠ ♠ ♠
OK I promise to write more often. At least once a week :)