Look At What I Deal With

Faded Jeans

I sat in the kitchen drinking a cup of coffee looking out the window watching cars pass by. The house was quiet. Tim went to work, Kate went to the supermarket to get a head start on food shopping, and Katherine...who knew where she was. I liked the silence that filled the house. It was calm something that I haven't heard in a while. I took a sip of my coffee letting it warm my mouth before swallowing.

This is what I wanted every morning. I wanted every morning to be able to come downstairs and drink a cup of coffee without having to hear Tim and Kate fight or Katherine complaining on what to wear. I wanted to be able to enjoy a cup of coffee and stare outside a window until it was time for me to leave for school not having to worry if Tim was going to hurt Kate
once again although he hasn't these past few days.

Today is Friday and school hasn't been getting better. Katherine won't leave me alone along with all her friends including Leon. He has proven to be a total jackass like the rest of them. Supposedly the only reason why he was being nice to me was because he thought I would be easy to get. When I told him about it he said it was true and with that I walked away and haven't talked to him since.

I don't stop in the hallways to talk to anyone or try to talk to them at all. I'm a loner I guess you could say. I looked at the time and it was eight. It was time to go. I left the house late to avoid everyone in the parking lot. I got up and rinsed my cup and left it in the sink. I gathered my
thing and I was off to school.

Surely when I arrived everyone was heading in to school and I followed behind. The morning flowed quickly and before I knew it the bell for lunch rang. I got up and went to the cafeteria. As soon as I walked in I noticed the football team sitting at the table I normally sat at. God dam assholes! I left the cafeteria and headed for the library. A couple of students were there with books in front of them while they flipped the pages writing something down in a notebook. Some high lighting things in the book or in their notebook.

It was quiet and I began walking down the aisles of books to the the back of the library. I figured no one would be there. It was some what dark and the books had collected dust that made it hard to see the titles on the books spine. When I peered down the aisle I saw a guy with faded jeans and a white t-shirt sitting up against the books with a apple in his hand and a book in the other.

I sat down a couple of feet away from him. He didn't seem to notice me there so I just pulled out my notebook and decided to work on my English homework. I was almost done when I felt someone staring at me. I looked up to see the guy looking at me, his book on the floor closed. His long hair that reached right above his shoulder was pulled back behind his neck and with the dim light I could still make out his deep green eyes.

"I'm sorry. I should of asked if it was OK to sit here."

I was putting away my notebook when he began to speak.

"It's fine."

His voice was barely a whisper. I looked over to him and he just sat there watching me. He then picked up his book and continued to read. A couple of minutes later the bell rang and I was off to my next class. During all my classes I couldn't get the guy in the library out of my head. There was something about him that made him intriguing.

I didn't see him in the hallway after that and I wondered if he even attended the school since I never seen him before. After swimming I drove home. Katherine stood with her immature friends as she always does everyday. I took my time heading home taking a longer way instead. I pasted this Coffee shop and stopped getting a large cup of coffee to kill some time. When I got home it was around four and Kate's car wasn't in the drive way.

I parked my car and walked up the porch. Right before walking in I noticed the guy with faded jeans entering the house next to me. The sign that read house for sale was gone from the lawn. We had new neighbors. Who knew? That  explains why I never recognized him. He turned his head seeing me at the front door and stared at me for a minute before walking in.

“The unexpected always happens” ~ Proverb