Look At What I Deal With

Nauseated

I laid in the bed that night and watched Leo in his room holding Ella in his arms as he rocked her side to side. He was still in the same clothes I saw him in earlier. His hair was parted in different directions were he constantly kept running his hands through.The travel crib was in his room along with pampers and wipes. He sat on his bed and watched Ella who was screaming. Her mouth was open and she was red but I couldn't hear her. It was around two in morning when I saw him pull out the piece of paper out his pocket. I knew it was my number because I saw him put it in his pocket before I left.

He reached into his other pocket and took out his cell phone and dialed the number and put it to his ear. After a while my phone began to ring. I picked it up.

"I will be there in a minute."

I hung up and threw on a faded blue hoodie in my closet and my Vans. Everyone was sleeping and I tried not to make any noise as I walked down the stair and out the front door. There were no lights on besides Leo's room. Before I even knocked on the door Leo had already opened it. He was a mess. Ella had threw up on him several times.

"Is that a clean or new shirt?"

"Yeah I got it yesterday. Why?"

"Babies get nauseated at the smell of a clean or new shirt." 

His shoulder was wet where Ella had been crying on. He let me in and I grabbed Ella out of his arms as we walked to his room. She was still crying and kicking trying to get out of my arms.

"Set down a blanket side was and fold the top corner down."

He did what I asked and I swaddled wrapped her.

"Pay attention. If you do this it will usually stop her from crying."

When I said this she stopped crying and she stared at me. Leo just stared at me fascinated as I began to rock her side to side. He threw himself onto his bed laying back with his right hand over his eyes.

"God I have a headache. I could still hear her crying in my ears."

He sighed and I sat next to him. I place my hand on his shoulder and he looked at me.

"I will put her to sleep and you go take a shower. You smell like throw up."

He laughed and left the room after getting some clothes. When I heard the shower go on I went downstairs to make El a bottle. I'm pretty sure Leo hand over fed her so I only made a little bit. A colic baby constantly eats but you can't give them a lot. I returned to Leo's room and sat on his bed leaning back against the bed frame while I fed El. Her light brown hair almost reached the bottom of her ears. She had the same green eyes as Leo but hers were a little bit lighter. After she finished drinking her bottle I placed her on my lap and began to burb her.

I laid her down on the bed next to me where I placed the two pillows Leo had on top of each other and laid her there. She didn't have the hiccups. I laid down beside her and closed my eyes. Usually at this time I would be awake since I didn't sleep until late but this made me tired. I listened to El's short breathing and began to drift to sleep. Taking care of a baby wasn't easy at all. I didn't even here Leo walk in.

"Hey."

I jumped up.

"Crap."

I hissed and he just laughed. He was drying his hair and he didn't have a shirt on. He had a nice body. The thought ran through my head and I pushed it away. He threw his towel on his bureau and opened one of his drawers taking out a white t-shirt and putting it on.

"Thanks Em. I know you're probably tired but I wouldn't have called if I didn't need you."

He needed me...

"I tired for hours to make her sleep but I couldn't. She cried even when I was taking her a shower."

"Don't worry about it. I don't sleep until late. This is early for me."

He sat down next to me. A drop of water slid down his face making it shimmer in the light. After a minute or two I got up fixing my hoodie and heading to the door.

"I should go."

"Let me walk you to the door."

We walked through the dark halls of his house and down the stairs. When we reached the door I turned to face him.

"If you need anymore help just tell me and will come."

"Thanks."

He reached over and hugged me. The smell of vanilla lingered on him. There was something about this that felt so right but wrong at the same time. I smiled and he hugged me a little longer than I expected. He let go opening the door and I left. He watched me go into my house and he waved closing the door as I entered. I went back to my room and went straight to my bed collapsing onto it and I was so relieved to be in my bed. There was something about Leo that made me want to be with him. But it's to soon to say. We just met. We're just friend I think and it's going to stay that way.

Feelings are like chemicals, the more you analyze them the worse they smell.
Charles Kingsley