Sell Your Soul Under the Lights

That Your Heart Will Still Get Burned

As Ingle got off the stage, the music started. Samantha winked at the crowd flirtatiously. Joseph didn’t know what to feel for the moment.

There's only two types of people in the world
The ones that entertain, and the ones that observe
Well baby I'm a put-on-a-show kinda girl
Don't like the backseat, gotta be first (oh, oh)


Joseph watched as Samantha’s body flowed with the tune. He wondered about her life before this and her previous aspirations. No child should want to go up becoming a stripper. No child should even know what a stripper is, for god’s sake.

Samantha had to have a pretty horrible life to become a stripper. Joseph watched as she slid down the pole and sang some more.

I'm like the ringleader
I call the shots (call the shots)
I'm like a firecracker
I make it hot (make it hot)
When I put on a show


The background dancers were dancing almost quietly behind Samantha. They seemed to want to be in the spotlight; just like everyone there.

“There you are man, yesterday was fucking awesome.” Joseph looked at the guy who was talking to him in confusion. He didn’t know the guy at all and now he was again becoming curious of the previous night’s events.

“What happened yesterday?” Joseph asked the young adult only a couple years older than him.

The guy’s eyes widened. “Seriously? You don’t remember what happened yesterday? You have to be kidding me. I understand though; you were really shit-faced.”

Joseph shook his head and waited for the guy to tell him what had happened. He just stayed silent for a minute. Joseph looked at him and then the guy shook his head.

“Oh, you want to know what happened.” The guy said with a slur. “Well, first you got really drunk, that was funny. You also have some awesome moves. You brought three different girls into a room at separate times and had sex with all them. Then a group of us, including you, had some marijuana cigarettes. We got like really fucking high, it was so awesome.”

Joseph was astonished with himself. How could he have let that stuff happen to him? He wasn’t himself though; he was under the influence of alcohol and drugs.

“That sounds awesome.” Joseph said, feeling exactly the opposite on the inside. The guy smiled and decided he needed another drink.

I feel the adrenaline moving through my veins (hah, hah, hah)
Spotlight on me and I'm ready to break (hah, hah, hah)
I'm like a performer, the dance floor is my stage (hah, hah, hah)
Better be ready, hope that ya feel the same (hah, hah, hah)


People were throwing their money onto the stage like it was nothing. All of them were moving their bodies. They had no cares in the world. This night would be just like any other night in their minds, but Joseph knew that for a fact that something was not going to end up right.

Lewis was quickly grinding on a boy who appeared to be around the age of eighteen. Joseph didn’t know whether to be disgusted or just scoff. He didn’t know why they were friends, but he knew that they were a good pair.

The song was at its peak and the men were trying to get a piece of Samantha. Joseph knew right from wrong, but this was just pure lust between all the men.

All the eyes on me in the center of the ring
Just like a circus (ah, ah, ahaha-hah)
When I crack that whip, everybody gonna trip
Just like a circus (ah, ah, ahaha-hah)
Don't stand there watching me, follow me
Show me what you can do
Everybody let go, we can make a dancefloor
Just like a circus (ah, ah, ahaha-hah, ha, ha, ha, ha, ho, ho, ho)


Samantha is the most phenomenal dancer Joseph had seen in a while; better than his ex girlfriend who had taken dance lessons since she was five. He had a feeling that Samantha had or is still taking dance lessons.

Quickly, Samantha walked up the large showcase of steps. It reminded me exactly of Moulin Rouge again. She was something special for everyone in the packed room.

Every male species was getting into the feel. They all loved Samantha for her body, voice, and moves. All of it was just pure lust. Joseph decided that he needed another beer.

The music slowed down a little bit and went into the second verse.

There's only two types of guys out there,
Ones that can hang with me, and ones that are scared
So baby I hope that you came prepared
I run a tight ship, so beware
I'm like a ring leader, I call the shots.
I'm like a fire cracker;
I make it hot when I put on a show.


All the males were cheering at the top of their lungs and throwing their money away for sinful lust. They knew they would never get her, or maybe it was about who gave away the most money at the end of the night. Either way, no one was going to win in the end.

Joseph took a sip of his beer that he stole off of Lewis’s table and sighed. He didn’t get what was so great with partying. All you really ended up with was a hangover, possible sex with a girl he night before, and the need for two painkillers. It was pointless.

What was wrong with falling in love nowadays? It seemed like they would rather fall into a lust; it was ridiculous how America ruled to be.

Not one person had a frown in the club. Samantha’s eyes were hazy and it looked like she was about to fall, but she just smiled and did what was supposed to be done.

The song was coming to a close end and everyone was still hyped up.

All the eyes on me in the center of the ring
Just like a circus (ah, ah, ahaha-hah)
When I crack that whip, everybody gonna trip
Just like a circus (ah, ah, ahaha-hah)
Don't stand there watching me, follow me
Show me what you can do
Everybody let go, we can make a dancefloor
Just like a circus (ah, ah, ahaha-hah)
All the eyes on me in the center of the ring
Just like a circus (ah, ah, ahaha-hah)
When I crack that whip, everybody gonna trip
Just like a circus (ah, ah, ahaha-hah)
Don't stand there watching me, follow me
Show me what you can do
Everybody let go, we can make a dancefloor
Just like a circus (ah, ah, ahaha-hah, ha, ha, ha, ha, ho, ho, ho)


The music stopped and Samantha smiled widely. She was proud of herself and her performance.

Suddenly, her eyes widened and she held her hand up to her nose. The look in her eyes was partially terrified. Blood was dripping out of her nose. It was probably from the heights that she climbed and spun on the pole.

Quickly, she ran off of the stage. Joseph could see the drops of tears running down her face as she was running. The whole crowd cheered not seeing her little display of surprise and sadness. Joseph tried following her, but there were just too many people in the way.
♠ ♠ ♠
UPDATE!!
So, its been a little while since I've updated this story, and the only reason it is being updated it because I'm sick. it really sucks. ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, my birthday is in three days so im really excited for that. I also want to say thank you for giving Show Me What I'm Looking For FIVE stars. That makes me really super duper happy!! Nothing really left to say, I hope you guys loved the chapter.

COMMENT
SUBSCRIBE
TELL YOUR FRIENDS
BANNERS WOULD BE NICE TOO (:

Sincerely,
Call Me a Saint;