No, You May Not Bite the Horse

The Woods

I was wandering alone in the woods, after everyone in my life moved.

I lived in a little town in Pennsylvania. I had only two neighbors, then there wasn't any more for miles. But both of the neighbors, or the houses I guess you would call them were now empty. On the left was my ex-boyfriends and his family`s house. I was his girlfriend for years, until someone moved in to the house on my left. I became best friends with the girl, and her family was amazing. So of course I wanted my best friend and boyfriend to be friends, so I introduced them. Well, they fell in love. I was broken up with and they got together. Just last week they got married. Then today, they moved away. They wanted to start a family, but somewhere where there was a lot of other people. There family decided to go with them.

The only person who lived in my house, besides me, my sister, also moved today. She moved into college.

I usually was always in the woods, but usually with someone. But there was no longer anyone to explore with, so here I was alone.

I went to a place in the woods that I never been before. I had nothing else to do, so why not explore new parts. It was so beautiful and- my thought was interrupted by a whimper and crinkling of leaves.

"Is there someone there? Are you okay?" I screamed out.

"Me is here," A little boy said coming out from behind a tree.

"Are you okay? Where are your parents? Did you get lost?" I said walking over to him and getting on my knees to be his size.

"Yeah I'm fine, me didn't get lost though. Some guy brought me here, he brought me here away from my parents." he said still having to look up at me a little.

Oh my! He was kidnapped. I need to stay calm, so I don't scare him.

"What's your name, kiddo?

"Charlie!" He squealed.

"How old are you, Charlie?"

"Three," He said holding up six fingers.

I laughed and put down three of the fingers, "Now that's three." I was still giggling.

He swayed side to side.

"Do you know who the guy was who brought you here?" I asked.

"No, but he was big and mighty," he told me showing me his muscles.

"Where did he take you from,"

"The park,"

"Who were you-"

"Angelica!" he said, interrupting me.

"What?" I asked.

"I don't knowies."

"Charlie, who were you w-"

"Suzie!"

"Please stop interrupting me."

"No!" He said with a pouting face.

"Plea-"

"No! I don't know your name, so I am going to keep screaming random names until you tell me."

"My name is," I started.

"Wait! I am not suppose to talk to strangers. Stranger danger!" He screamed, running around in circles.

"But I wont be a stranger if I tell you my name."

"Oh," he said calming down. "What is it?"

"My name is Michelle." I said smiling. "Who were you with when you were at the park?"

"Nope,"

Well that didn't make sense so I waited.

"My sister was suppose to be looking at me, but she left."

"What did the man do to you?"

"Bite me!"

Oh, I get it. This was all a joke.

"We are going back to my house."

"No,"

"Please?"

"No,"

"Fine, then I will carry you there." I said picking him up and started towards my house.