Status: Paused

Regrets & Romance

Chapter Ten: Spongebob Squarepants.

I feel like a little kid.

Sandra brought us some crayons, markers, charcoal pencils, blank paper and, guess what? COLORING BOOKS.

I can't even tell you how happy I got when I saw them. I felt like a kid on Christmas.

She brought in a Hello Kitty book, which I didn't like so I threw it aside. She also brought in a Spongebob Squarepants one, which I immediately grabbed and took the crayons and started coloring in Spongebob. I sure don't feel like i'm 25. My dads always said I acted younger than I really was. Maybe I was mentally retarded.

I giggled at my silly thoughts colored in Spongebob's tie.

---Gerard's POV---

I heard her giggle to herself and keep to her coloring.

I smiled and pulled the pencil down the paper, creating another strand of her black hair. I took the tip of the pencil and started the line of her back. No, it's not just a line, there are bumps were you can see the different sections of her spine through her back. So tiny, so perfect.

All of the sudden she got up and ran over to her dresser and pulled out a tiny black box. She tried to hide it by putting it under her shirt, then ran back over and jumped onto her bed. I pretended like I didn't see her do this and kept erased a little bit of the drawing, then drew it again so it looked better to my eyes.

She giggled again and turned her back to me. I looked up and saw her moving a little, she grabbed her coloring book and ripped out the page she was just working on and put in in front of her, taking it out of my view.

"Gee, stop looking!" she giggled.

"Oh gosh, super sorry Corinne." I laughed and looked back at my drawing.

She turned back around and got up off the bed and came over to me, her hands behind her back. She's so innocent, just like a child.

She pulled a paper out from behind her back and handed it to me. I smiled. She colored in a picture of Patrick and Spongebob holding hands and smiling. It said, 'Best Friends Forever.' and the bottom of the picture. Up in a corner where she didn't color she wrote. 'To: Gerard From: Corinne; Gee-rad, You're my bestest friend ever.'

She jumped up on the bed and I put the drawing off to my side. I leaned over and gave her a gentle hug, her arms, neck and face still cut up from the other day.

"Thank you Corinne, but I'm the one that's supposed to be giving you gifts. It's your birthday."

She pulled back and just smiled as she sat indian-legged next to me.

"Whatcha drawing Gee?"

"...Nothin." I smiled and she gave me a fake glare and went back over to her bed and began coloring in the X-Men coloring book Sandra gave her.