Break the Ice

The Way You Want Me To

"Is this the new boy toy?" Johnny sneered at me as I glared at him.

"I'm her boyfriend," Apolo jumped in as he smirked at him.

"The boyfriend?" Johnny raised an eyebrow at me, "Did she mention how much of a whore she is?"

"Johnny, leave me alone," I glared at him as he looked at me then back at Apolo.

"Oh, so she hasn't told you about Robert has she?" He chuckled to himself as I felt the fire burn from my eyes.

"Robert?"

"Oh Melinda," Johnny looked at me, "You're keeping your lover in the dark. I thought you were the honest type."

"No, I'm the type who will kick your ass in about five seconds."

"Typical," He rolled his eyes at me, "You always were the hot headed one."

"You know, you always thought you were better than me."

"I couldn't help you couldn't skate," He fired back as I stiffled a laugh.

"You were the one who couldn't catch," I glared back as he was about to say something, "At least I know how to dance."

"This isn't over Melinda," He walked off as I smirked when I turned back to Apolo.

"What was that about?" Apolo asked as I sighed.

"Remember that ice dance partner I had for a while?"

"Yeah, sorta."

"He's the one who took Evan's place."

"Oh," Apolo nodded, "Who's Robert?"

"You caught that huh?"

"Yeah."

"Robert is Robert Pattinson," I sighed as I looked at him, "We had this thing after I broke up with Toby."

"Thing?" Apolo raised an eyebrow at me.

"Could we not talk about it, out here? It's easier to explain out of the public eye."

I took Apolo back to the room I was staying in, as I had him sit on the couch as I took a deep breath.

"My relationship with Robert was almost physical. It was an intense affair that made it to the public eye because we weren't as careful as we thought."

"How?"

"He took me to Ireland, just to escape everyone here. Only now a video camera was brought with us. At the time, I was pushing my limits, taking things to a whole new level or extreme. I just got out of my relationship with Toby and wanted to do something crazy," I sat down next to him as a smile crept across my face.

"So I did. We ended up with like three hours of tape. Different locations, different ideas, everything. Then Robert brought me home, went back to Kristen and that was that. Until maybe a week later when these tapes started surfacing online and to media outlets. Robert had been filming somewhere but left Kristen in charge of his house. Apparently she found them, decided she wanted to hurt me and expose him so she leaked them. Then Johnny Weir came back into play and teamed up with her. Granted there was already tension between the two of us but still, he just added to the fire."

"Wow," Apolo looked shocked as I looked at him.

"You didn't hear about it?"

"No, I tend to stay away from TV during training."

"I'm sorry if it's a shock to you," I looked down as I played with my fingers, "I just, I don't know. I mean I should've told you about it from the start but I was hoping if I didn't, then it wouldn't matter."

"It's a big issue," Apolo nodded as I took a deep breath as I watched him stand.

"Where are you going?"

"I just need some time to clear my head," He smiled lightly at me, "You know pre-race jitters and all."

"Ok," I nodded with a smile at him, "But hey, I'll see you tonight, right?"

"Yeah, maybe," He shrugged, "Doesn't matter."

"Bye," I smiled at him lightly as he walked out the door when Evan walked through it like 15 seconds later.

He noticed me sitting on the couch lost in thought as he went to get a drink but didn't say anything yet.

"Mel?" Evan questioned as I didn't say anything, "Melinda?"

"I seriously hate people right now."

"No you don't," Evan walked over to me as I nodded.

"I do," I looked at him, "They're stupid."

"What happened?" Evan asked as he pulled me into him.

"Johnny Weir had to go and mess everything up."

"How?"

"I was walking with Apolo and he had to start shit."

"See, we even share the same enemy," Evan smirked trying to get me to smile.

"He had to go and bring up the stuff with Robert."

"Oh," Evan got serious, "But were you going to tell him?"

"I was," I nodded, "Just not that way."

"But you weren't with him or anything. He should understand that it was just a one time thing."

"I don't think he did," I rested my head on his chest, "We were suposed to go on a date tonight but now he made it seem like it didn't matter anymore."

"Aww, Mel."

"It's bad, I had a relationship and now I'm single again."

"Maybe not. Maybe it was just too much for him," I felt Evan shrug as I sat up, fixing my hair.
"I swear, maybe I should just stay away from dating for a while."

"Now why would you do that?"

"It's too complicated anymore," I stood up as Evan didn't move, "Maybe just hang out with you the rest of my time."

"What if you found someone who changed your mind?"

"I don't know, Evan," I sighed as I looked around, "I just, things are too complicated."

"But what if there was this guy, who's known you your whole life. Loved you more than anything, hated seeing you hurt by other guys, hates seeing you upset. Only wants you to smile."

"That guy's usually seeing someone else," I smiled lightly at him, "And when I think something could happen, it never does."

"Maybe he's too scared to make a move," Evan stood up as I watched him.

"Maybe he shouldn't be," He moved closer to me as our eyes locked.

"Maybe he's afraid he'd lose you if he did."

"He wouldn't."

"Mel-" Evan started as words failed him as he got closer to me.

Our lips met in one brief second in which it wasn't awkward but it felt right for once. I reached up to Evan to pull him down closer to me as the kiss intensified as our tongues begun to fight for dominance. I could feel Evan's hands move down to my hips as they played with the hem of my shirt as his hands slowly slipped underneath.

My breath caught in my throat as a free hand brought my thigh up to his waist as I made that move to wrap my legs around his waist as we were still in an intense kiss. Evan moved slowly to the couch as he placed me slowly underneath him as he slowly took my shirt off as I pulled him back down to me.