Break the Ice

This Side Of Me

Rushing to Apolo's race, I felt the need to watch him race even with the tension that was created between us earlier. I sat next to his dad along with his friend and fellow speed skater, Shauni Davis. My eyes were fixated on him as I watched him race around the track. Then it was relieved when he finally got a place on the podium.

By time he was finished with his races and talking with fans and teammates, he made his way over to me and his dad. I smiled lightly at him as he gave me a faint smile.

"Hey," I smiled as I stuffed my hands in my pockets, "Congrats."

"Thanks," He looked at me as he collected his things.

"Look about earlier-"

"Let's just forget it happened, ok?" He looked at me as I nodded.

"The Johnny Weir part or after?"

"The whole thing," He shrugged.

"Ok. So are we still on for the date tonight?"

"Actually, Shauni wanted to take me out for a victory dinner thing. It's tradition."

"Oh," I nodded as I looked at him.

"Maybe some other time?"

"Yeah, I'll call you," Apolo smiled lightly as I nodded.

"No, it's cool. Totally understand."

"Thanks," He kissed my cheek, "Catch ya later Mel."

I watched as he walked off with Shauni, joking the entire time. I heavily sighed then headed to the direction of Evan's room in the village. It was cold that night, colder than before which caused me to walk a bit quicker than usual while pulling my long jacket around me tighter.

I got up to the floor which we were staring as Tanith Belbin passed me, giving me a sneer as she did as I rolled my eyes. I got to the door, slid the card key then opened the door with a heavy sigh. It was slightly dark as I stepped into the warm room, only a few candles lit around the coffee table in the living room.

"Evan?" I asked quietly as I walked farther into the room hoping I didn't stumble across something.

"Hi," Evan smiled as he walked out of the bedroom with a bottle of wine.

"Hey," I smiled lightly at him.

"What's wrong?"

"Apolo technically blew me off," I rolled my eyes, sitting on the couch that Evan joined me on now.

"I'm sorry," He smiled lightly.

"It's what you wanted, isn't it?"

"No," He shook his head.

"God, I feel too much," I ran a hand through my hair as he popped the cork to pour two glasses of wine, "Thanks."

"But that makes you, you."

"Maybe," I shrugged taking a swig from the glass.

"Are you ok?"

"I will be," I smiled at him, "How'd you get rid of Nastia?"

"I just told her that I liked her as a friend," He smiled as he leant back on the couch, "I don't think she liked that idea but it's true."

"So then what's up with the dim lighting and candles?"

"They were for a girl that I've fallen for so many years ago. I was hoping she wasn't upset when she seen them so maybe I could kiss her."

"That's sweet," I smiled at him.

"And maybe, we could have some privacy?"

"Wow, not too romantic, are you?" I smirked as he sat his glass down.

I sat mine down as well then looked at Evan, waiting for him to make that move again. I moved closer to him as his lips met mine in a quick flash. Slowly, he pushed me back against the couch, not breaking his kiss one time. Slowly he started pulling my shirt over my head as I worked on his.

Soon our clothes were gathering in a pile next to the couch as Evan pulled a blanket over us to keep the chill off our bodies. He held himself up over me as he looked into my eyes for a second as I tried to steady my heavy breathing. Slowly he pushed himself into me as his lips connected with mine again.

Our hips moved to the same time, same speed, like we were meant to be here. The candles started to slowly melt as we moved with each other under the thin blanket. My hips arched up to his as I felt myself start to reach my peak.

"Evan," I let escape my lips while he kissed my neck, "Oh, Evan."

He started moving faster with each soft moan that escape my throat as it felt too good to have him stop. I knew I was about to reach my climax but I didn't want to leave this tiny piece of heaven that I found right now. My back arched as I felt myself give away to the urge which was soon followed by Evan who didn't pull out but stayed in for a while as he looked down at my glazed over eyes as he kissed me quickly again.

I pushed back a piece of hair that fell in his face with a smile, the two of us keeping eye contact for a while before our eyes became to heavy to keep open.

In the morning, I was laying in Evan's arms, the blanket wrapped around our bodies when there was a knock at his door again.

"Who is it?" I questioned, my voice cracking a bit.

"My family," He mumbled a bit, "I told them that we'd go to breakfast with them."

"It's too cold," I snuggled into him as his warm breath chuckled against my neck.

"I knew I should've told them, I was busy."

"I guess we got to get dressed, huh?"

"I guess."

"I'll be right back," I smiled as I took the blanket with me to have him on the couch naked, "You might want to put some pants on before you answer the door.

"Mel," he groaned then pulled some pants on to answer his room door to let his parents in.

"You aren't dressed yet?" His mom asked.

"No, my alarm wasn't set. I'll just be a second."

"Ok," She bought that excuse, "Evan what happened to your back?"

"Oh," Evan jumped slightly as I smirked, "I scratched myself last night. It's no biggie."
"Well hurry up."

I finished getting dressed to walk out to see Evan's family sitting around, some of them on the couch which I felt a bit awkward about. Like I should tell them or something. But then again, I wasn't about to say "oh hey, you might not want to sit there. Me and Evan just had sex there." Yeah, no that conversation was so not about to happen.

"Hey Mel," Christina smiled at me, "Are you going to watch Evan practice today?"

"Um, I guess," I shrugged, "I don't think I've got anything else planned."

"Mind if I turn on the radio while we wait for Evan?"

"No, go ahead," I shook my head as she went to turn on the radio which in turn was a bad idea.

As she at back down, the radio dj decided today that he wanted to make me cry and played "You Are Not Alone." I was in the kitchen finding a quick drink when my heart shattered, I tried not to drop the glass as I steadied myself but I could feel that wound being opened all over again.

"Ready to go?" Evan asked as he heard the song when he walked out, "Where's Mel?"

"Kitchen," His dad mentioned as he walked over to me to see my eyes watered, trying to hold back the tears.

"Mel," Evan pulled me into a warm hug as I cried into his shoulder.

"I miss him so much."

"I know," Evan held me close to him as his family looked at me, "You ok?"

"Not totally."

"Come on," Evan brought my chin up to him, "No more tears."

"I'll try," I smiled lightly as I heard the radio flick off.