Baby Baker

Chapter 13

Image

It's been a few weeks, and Zack still won't talk to me. I admit it, it hurts like hell, but I'm too damn stubborn to break the ice and talk to him. Just goes to show how much alike we are.

Trey's been a little off and on since that night. Finally, I asked what was wrong, but he said everything was fine. I made a hasty decision and gave in once more, well the first time with him. Now he's totally fine and back to normal. Was that a bad thing?

"Sen, can we talk?" Jimmy asked, slowly walking into the kitchen as I was cooking dinner.

"Sure, what's on your mind?"

"How are things with you and Trey?"

"Great, why?"

"Did you two... Did you guys, you know?" He wasn't being awkward about it, he just wasn't sure how to phrase the question.

I sighed, looking back at the boiling water. "Yes, Jimmy. We've slept together. Is that all you wanted to know?"

He shut his eyes and inaudibly shook his head. "Why'd you do it, Sen?" he whispered.

"Oh! So it's ok for you guys to fuck around with random girls, but I can't sleep with my boyfriend?"

"Four months, Sen! Don't you think that's a little fast?"

"Well, I'm sorry I'm not perfect, Jimmy," I said, turning back to the stove. A minute later, I heard him walk out.

Just as I finished making dinner, a very upset looking Matt walked in. "What’s wrong?" I asked, walking over to him.

"I don't know what I did," he said, his voice cracking a bit.

"About what? What's happened?" I asked, wiping his tear stained cheeks.

"Val, s-she... She said she needed a b-bit of time." He looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Oh God, Matt, come on." I took him to the couch and sat him down. I'll pulled him into my arms and didn't say anything else. I just let him cry it out. I hate it when people try to tell me it'll be ok, when I know it won't. So why would I do that to him?

About two hours later, he finally calmed down. "I'm so sorry, Sen. I don't know why I'm acting like such a big baby," he said, looking away.

"Hey, you're not being a big baby, Matt. You're a guy who isn't afraid to show his emotions. I'm proud of you for that. Just give Val some time. You guys were perfect together, and before you know it, you guys will be talking about Prom and Graduation."

"I don't know, Sen..."

I gently grabbed his chin and made him face me. "I do. Things will figure themselves out soon enough. Don't rush it."

"Shouldn't you be telling yourself that?" he asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Not you, too," I groaned.

"Sen, please don't tell me you did it just to make him happy."

"You know, I wanted it too, Matt. Everyone just seems to think that we 'did it' to make him happy. I'm happy too!"

"Then why aren't you acting like it?" He stumped me. I thought I was happy? Wasn't I? He smiled softly, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "You're beautiful, Sen and you shouldn't have to have sex with your boyfriend to make him happy. He doesn't deserve you if that's what he needs to make you happy. That's a piss poor excuse of a guy if he acts like that." I kept my eyes locked with his. Matt always made me feel a little bit better about myself.

I was so lost in his eyes that held so much truth, I didn't notice us inching closer and closer together, until our lips met.