Baby Baker

Chapter 14

Image

Later that night, people started showing up for the party. I was mostly in charge of making sure everything was set. Then, I grabbed a bottle of Jack and walked outside. I sat on our back swing, and looked out to the ocean. This is what I did every time I needed to clear my head. Well, excluding the Jack.

"Thought you'd be out here," Matt said, sitting next to me. He frowned at the bottle of Jack.

"What?" I asked, not looking at him.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I don't know what I was thinking."

"It's fine, Matt. I was part of it, too."

"But I'm the one who made the move."

"We were both at fault. Let's just leave it at that," I said, putting an end to the conversation.

He sighed and stood up. "I'm taking this with me. You don't need it," h said, taking the bottle of Jack.

"Ass," I grumbled, crossing my arms.

I kept going between the kitchen and out back all night. The one time I stayed inside was when I saw Trey come in. I couldn't find him after that and it made me wonder. Just as I was about to go back outside, I saw Zacky... Dragging? Trey down the stairs? "What the hell's going on?!" I asked, going over to them. Trey was shirtless and a red head bimbo from our school was right behind him, not looking very put together. "You son of a bitch," I hissed, glaring at him.

"Sen, I can ex-"

"Don't even finish that sentence if you feel like living," I growled. "You had the audacity to come to my brother's party, and end up with some other chick?! What the hell was going through your head?! You know, I hope they kick your ass, because I won't fucking hold them back."

"Yeah? Well you're just a white trash piece of shit!" He spat.

"Uh oh," I heard someone say from behind me.

I pulled my fist back and hit him straight in the nose. He held his nose as it started to bleed. "Bitch!" The back of his hand collided with the side of my face.

So, I did what any other girl would've done. I kneed him in the balls and he doubled over in pain. I grabbed him by his hair and bent to whisper in his ear. "You weren't saying that while moaning my name. Suck on this, ass." I punched him again, and walked away.

"Whoa, you aren't getting away that easy, little girl," I heard Jimmy's voice, before I was picked up and swung around.

I felt my stomach clench. "Jimmy, down." As soon as my feet hit the floor, I was leaning over the toilet.

"Damn, girl. You don't know how proud of you I am right now," he said, holding my hair back.

"Gee, thanks," I muttered, getting up and rinsing my mouth out. I walked by everyone who was staring at me, and out back again. I stood against the deck railing, when I felt someone's arms wrap around my waist from behind.

"Are you ok?" Zack asked, kissing the top of my head. I nodded, staying silent. "Baby," He turned me around to look into my eyes. He smiled softly, stroking my cheek with his thumb, knowing I would talk when I wanted to. "How're your hands?" He asked, taking them into his and looking down at the white gauze wrap.

"They'll be fine." He kissed the palms and then pulled me into a hug.

"I'm very proud of you, I hope you know that."

The next morning, I put all of Trey's things into a box, and headed down stairs. "Where are you going this early?" Jimmy asked, scratching his horrible bed head.

"I'm taking Trey's shit back to him."

"We could always burn it," Zacky said, shrugging. I rolled my eyes, shaking my head. "Um, Sen... You know you're wearing his sweatshirt, right?" I looked down and groaned. I set the box down, and took it off. "Whoa! Dude! Why don't you have a fucking shirt on?!" He asked, shielding his eyes.

"Zack, it's just as if I was in a bikini top."

"But, still... Here." He took off his shirt and threw it at me.

"I'll be back."

"Are you sure you don't want one of us to go?" he asked. I gave him a look and he held his hands up in defense. "I'm just saying. You don't know what he could do. You can see what he did last night, and he'll pay for that," he said, nodding to my busted lip.

"I'll kill the fucker the next time he touches me," I said, picking the box up and walking out.

When I arrived at Trey's, he was already at the door before I could knock. "Sen, I'm sorry. About last night-"

"Here's your stuff. I have no need for it anymore," I said, dropping it on the front step.

"Sen, please. Can't we just talk about this?"

"Talk about it?! Ok, Trey. You want to fucking talk about it? Let's talk! After everything I told you about my past, you fucking went and used me! You used me for one thing, just like he did! At least he had some dignity to dump me before he moved on. But, of course, you don't have that much class... I hope you're happy with your new toy." I got back into my car and drove off.

One thing was running through my mind. I told him about my past... I'm screwed.
♠ ♠ ♠
There were quiet a few Matt and Sen votes... But it just didn't settle right. Matt and Val are like Peanut Butter and Jelly. They're more like brother and sister. Idk? I have something else up my sleeve for Sen though :)