Baby Baker

Chapter 17

Image

I woke up, hearing the front door suddenly slam shut. I shot up and looked around confused. "Hey, it's ok," Zack said, brushing my hair out of my face.

"When'd you get here? What's going on?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Just a little bit ago, and I have no idea," he said, trying to look around the corner.

"I swear! She's such a bitch!" A very pissed off Brian said frustrated, walking into the living room.

"What did she do now?" Jimmy sighed.

"She, just, ugh!"

"Oh, yes. That must be very hard on you," Matt said, giving him a confused look.

"I try to get away from her, but then she finds some way to like trap me!"

"It's called growing a pair and dumping her ass!" Jimmy said, throwing his hands in the air.

"That's what I'm telling you! It's not that easy!"

"Dude, is that a hickey?" Matt asked, looking at shirt collar. "It is! What the fuck?! She sexs you up to make you forget why you wanted to dump her ass?" Brian was silent and looked away, ashamed. "That's low, Dude... I don't care who you are."

"You think I don't fucking know that?" he snapped, glaring at him.

"Alright, Son. Calm down," Papa said, walking in, putting a hand on my shoulder. I had just noticed I was leaning back into the sofa, trying to stay out of his range. When Brian was pissed, he was pissed. He was worse than Zack and Matt sometimes.

Brian's eyes fell down to me and suddenly softened. "Sen, I'm sorry," he sighed.

"It's fine," I said, trying to shrug, and stood up.

"No, sit. I'm done, I'm fine."

"It's okay, I should be getting home anyways. Stuff to do."

"No, Sen. You need to relax," Zack said, standing up.

"I'm okay, Zack," I said, trying to walk to the front door.

"No, you aren't, Sen... I can see it in your eyes."

I sighed, rolling my eyes. "Don't start with me, Zack. When I say I'm fine, I'm fine. End of conversation. I'm not going to be treated like a child anymore." I didn't wait for his reply. I just walked out the front door and headed home.

The next morning, I was determined not to let the goons get to me today. They kept on with their comments, rude gestures, and being straight up assholes, but I ignored them. I ignored pretty much everyone, even the guys. They kept asking me if I was ok, and I was getting tired of it. I knew they just cared, but it was getting old. Oddly enough, Brian was the only who gave me my distance.

I was sitting in the courtyard during our break, under one of the trees that I loved. "Hmm, wonder what you're wearing under that top," Trey said softly, creeping up behind me. I ignored him as I kept reading my book. "Giving me the cold shoulder now, are we, Baker?"

I had read the same line five times over, and decided to just leave. I grabbed my things and tried to walk away, but he grabbed me by my upper arm. "I wasn't done talking," he hissed.

"Funny, because I didn't hear you start a conversation."

"Listen, Bitch. You are going to pay, and big brother and the rest of those idiots aren't going to be there to save you."

"Are you trying to get punched by a girl again? Do you enjoy public humiliation?" I asked curiously. Damn he had no brains.

"Oh yeah. You're acting all tough and brave now... Just wait."

"Is there a problem here?" Brian asked, walking over, and of course Michelle attached to his hip.

"No, just saying hi," Trey said, never letting his eyes leave mine.

"See, she's fine. Now we can go," Michelle said, annoyed.

"What're you trying to do? Intimidate me?" I hissed lowly, only for him to hear. I had to admit, he was starting to scar me. But there was no way in hell was I going to let it show.

"We'll see, Baker." He let go of my arm and stormed off.

"You ok, Sen?" Brian asked in a soft tone.

I laughed sarcastically, putting my sunglasses on. "You know, I really wish people would stop asking me that." My voice turned into a whisper at the end, as I walked off. I hated when people asked me if I was ok, especially after something like that happens. Yes, I always try to act tough, but sometimes, there's no controlling the emotions and flash backs.

"Sen! Wait!" I heard Brian calling me down the call, but I didn't stop. "Sendra!" He caught up to me and gently grabbed my hand to stop me. "Hey, come on." He cupped my chin in his hand and brought my face to look up at him. He slowly took my sunglasses off. He sighed, wiping away the few stray tears. "Sen, you got to tell us when something like this happens. We just want to protect you."

"I'm fine on my own, Brian. You have better things to worry about," I said, looking away. I hated it when he saw me cry. I didn't know why, but I just hated feeling vulnerable around him.

"Sen, you're more worth worrying about, than anything else," he said, stroking my hair. I looked back up at him confused.

Our eyes locked, and we stared at each other for what felt like ages. Before I knew it, we were getting closer and closer. His hand cupped my cheek, as he bent down, our lips metting in a soft peck. We were interrupted when we heard a shocked gasp. "I knew it!" Michelle cried. Brian groaned, and looked at the floor. "I can't believe you, Brian!" She huffed, crossing her arms.

"I'm going to go," I said, taking my sunglasses back, and making a quick get away.

Did Brian and I seriously just kiss?! The bad thing was... I loved it...
♠ ♠ ♠
hey! :) I'm back. I was away for a music thing. So... hope you like! :]]

Sendra's School Clothes