Baby Baker

Chapter 19

Image

The next morning, I woke up earlier than usual so I could be out of the house before Zack even thought about cornering me about last night. I had gotten home late and snuck in so I didn't have to deal with him.

I told Cal I would pick him up for school, so that's where I was headed right now. "Hey." He smiled, getting in on the passenger side.

"Hey, you seem anxious." I laughed lightly, looking at him sideways as I pulled out of the drive way.

"Really? I wonder why," he said sarcastically.

"Or should I say nervous? It can be taken both ways."

"Oh, just shut up and drive." He laughed, shaking his head.

When we got to school, I took him to the office to get his schedule. We had three classes together, which was nice. The other ones I didn't have with him, I could walk him to. Then, we went to go find his locker. It was in the same hallway as Matt and Jimmy's, as where mine was out by the courtyard.

"Hey look, there's the new kid," people whispered as they walked by. I rolled my eyes and told Cal to ignore him. He didn't even seem phased by them.

"Hey, Kid. Why are you hanging out with the whore? She's worthless. If I was you, I would find someone else to hang out with," Trey said, smirking at me.

"You mean someone like you? I'd rather not," Cal said, turning and walking away. I stood there for a few more seconds, smirking at Trey, before walking away. "Who was that guy? And why did he say that about you?" Cal asked as we walked around before class.

"That was Trey, my ex boyfriend. And, it doesn't matter."

"He was calling you names that don't even fit you. Yes, it does matter, Sen." He gently grabbed my hand to get me to stop. "What did he do, Sen?"

"He didn't do anything," I said, trying to avoid the subject.

"Then why won't you look me in the eyes and tell me that?" He asked softly. I suddenly noticed I had been avoiding eye contact with him. My eyes slowly traveled up to meet his. "What did he do? I promise not to judge."

If only everyone else didn't say that, maybe I could trust you[i/], I thought.

"Sen!" I heard my brother calling my name before I could answer Cal. "What happened last night? Did you even come home? Do you know how worried I was about you?" he said, pulling me into a bone crushing hug.

"Okay... I'm confused... Usually, you would be yelling and freaking out on me right now." He pulled back and I looked into his eyes. He knew... Brian told him about yesterday. Great, now he was going to pity me. Well, I didn't need it! "Don't, Zack. Please, just don't. It was a kiss, that's all."

"Sen, you know it was more than a kiss. I see the way you two look at each other. You might not notice it, but you've got it bad[/]! You both do."

"But he's with Michelle." I hissed.

"It doesn't matter! Go after him, Sen! Don't let one little thing, well bitch, get in your way! I want you to finally be happy with a guy. Someone who will treat you right. And I know Brian's that guy! Just give him a chance, please?"

I stared at him, before sighing. "If he dumps Michelle."

"What?" He asked confused, expecting a totally different answer. One that would include an argument.

"You heard me. If he dumps Michelle, then I'll give him a chance. Other than that, it's not happening. I'm not going to sit around and be played, Zack. I've had enough of that."

"No, I know that. I'm just surprised you didn't argue with me... Damn! You do have it bad!" He said, smiling goofily.

"Shut up and get out of here!" I said, pushing his shoulder. "Don't you have a class you need to be getting to?" I asked mockingly.

"Yes, and don't you?"

"Study hall, Sweetie." He just stuck his tongue out at me and walked away. I turned to see Cal still standing there, looking amused.

"You remind me of my sister and I," he said, laughing. "You guys seem close."

"We're twins, what do you expect?" I asked, laughing as we started walking again.

"So... Back to Trey? Was that his name?"

I sighed and nodded. "Let's just say, he was another charmer who fooled me. In the end, he ended up cheating on me, I 'publicly humiliated' him, and now he wants revenge. If that's what you want to call it. He's stupid. He has half of this school wrapped around his finger, so he thinks he can do whatever he wants," I said frustrated.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Did you change for him?" I looked at him confused. "I don't mean that in a hurtful way or anything. Just, for the few minutes we were at your house last night, I saw what looked like pretty recent pictures of you and the guys, and you looked different than you do now. In all the pictures, you were wearing hoodies and jeans, more of a Tom Boy look. Now you're look is totally different." I stared at him in shock. Then, I started thinking about it. Had I really changed for Trey? Had he tried to make me into one of his Barbie dolls? Had I let him get into my head?
♠ ♠ ♠
School Outfit
Thank you for commenting! :)