Baby Baker

Chapter 2

Image

"Sen! Are you home?!" Zack called from the front door.

"What do you think?!" I called back.

"Damn, someone didn't have a good day," he said, walking into the kitchen. "What's up?"

"Nothing, I'm just tired and I have a shit load of homework."

"Then why are you cooking?"

"Because if I don't, then you'll starve," I said, smirking.

"Brat, go do your homework. I'm pretty sure I can handle some pasta."

"You better."

"Get, little girl!" I laughed, walking out of the kitchen and up to my room.

A few hours later, I heard the door open and knew it was the group. I decided to take a break and go down stairs. "Hey! There she is!" Matt said, smiling. He always acted like an extra brother to me. They all kind of did at times.

"See, I didn't mess it up," Zack said, sticking his tongue out at me as he got plates out.

"Good, that means you can do all the cooking from now on." I smiled, kissing his cheek and grabbing a plate.

"Oh! You totally set yourself up for that one!" Jimmy said, laughing.

"But, Sen!"

"Don't be such a baby, Zack. You know I would never let you guys starve... You'd bug the hell out of me until I cooked, or you'd start eating the furniture, either one."

"She's caught on to us! Hide the chair!" Jimmy whispered loudly to Zack. He just rolled his eyes and smacked him upside the head.

"Where you goin'?" Matt asked as I head for the stairs.

"My room."

"Why?"

"Because I have a lot of homework."

"Take a break. You always have your head stuck in a book."

"At least I don't have my head stuck in something else every weekend," I mumbled.

"Say what?" Jimmy asked, trying not to laugh.

"Nothin', Jimbo," I said, sitting on the couch next to Zacky.

A few minutes later, the door opened and in walked Brian, Val and Michelle. Oh goody... I knew someone was missing. "Hey, guys. Sorry we're late," Brian said, glancing side ways at Michelle.

"It's cool. Food's in the kitchen."

I stood up, and went to walk away, but Matt caught my leg. "Why do you keep trying to get away?" He asked, smiling.

"I feel like having a pleasant evening, Matt," I said pointedly.

"Just ignore her, Sen. You haven't hung out with us in like, three weeks," Zacky said, pouting. I looked around to see them all pouting.

"Ugh, fine. Butt heads," I groaned, sitting back down.

"So, I totally can't wait until Formal," Michelle said, sitting next to Brian.

"You're actually going to the dance?" I asked Brian, trying not to choke on my food.

"Why wouldn't he?" Michelle snapped.

"I wasn't talking to you," I snapped back.

"Sendra," Zack said, warningly.

"And this is why I wanted to go upstairs," I mumbled, playing with my food, suddenly loosing my appetite. I sighed, getting up and walking to the kitchen, placing my plate in the sink. I snuck back up the stairs and stayed in my room for the remainder of the night.

I don't know what pissed me off more: Michelle and Brian being together, or Brian not caring if she was a total bitch or not. Call me jealous all you want, I don't care. That's just how I feel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Subscribe? It makes me happy!