Baby Baker

Chapter 24

Image

I was still in the bathroom, not ready to face anybody. "Sen, you in here?" I heard Val call. She walked to the last stall that I was in, and knocked. "Sweetie, come out, it's okay."

"No it's not, Val," I sniffled.

"What happened to not letting them get to you? Come on, Brian's freaking out right now. At least go see him."

"I can't do it, Val..."

"Yes you can, Sen. You wanna know why?"

I sighed. "Why?" I asked, knowing she wouldn't leave.

"Because you're stronger than you think, Sen. You're one of the strongest girls I know. So, you hit a bit of a speed bump a few years ago. We all do things we regret, but that doesn't mean we can run from them."

"I'm just sick of everything, Val."

"I know, Hun. But we're here for you, we're not going to let anything happen to you... Come out, Sen. Don't let them get the satisfaction of getting to you." I sighed, knowing I wouldn't be able to stay in here all day. "That's a girl." She smiled, as I walked out. "Now, let's fix your make up.

When she was finished helping me fix my make up, we walked out to go find Brian. They were out by his car. "Baby, are you ok?" Zack asked, rushing over to me.

I nodded, smiling softly. "I'm fine, Zack."

"Then why do I feel like you're lying to me?" He asked, not buying it. I didn't answer, so he dropped it, pulling me into his arms. "I love you," he whispered into my hair.

"Love you too, big brudder." He chuckled at the nick name I gave him when we were little.

"Go talk to Bri, he's going crazy," he said, letting go of me.

I turned to see Brian sitting on the hood of his car, looking at me with worried eyes. I smiled and walked over to him. He put his arms around me and pulled me to stand between his legs. I lay my head on his shoulder as he kissed my shoulder. "You okay?" He asked softly. I nodded, wrapping my arms around his torso. "Have I told you that you look cute today?" He asked, playing with my hair.

I laughed slightly, nodding my head. "Yes, you did. Thank you."

"You wanna just go home?"

I pulled back, looking him in the eyes. "No, I'm not going to give them the satisfaction." I saw Val smile out of the corner of my eye.

"That's my girl." He smiled, kissing my cheek.

My girl. I liked hearing him say that.

The bell rang, and I sighed. "Want me to walk you?" Jimmy asked, since his class was just two halls down and the other's were on different parts of campus.

"Sure," I said, smiling. "I'll see you later," I told Bri, kissing him on the cheek, before walking off with Jimmy.

"I'm proud of you, you know that?" Jimmy said as we walked to class.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"You're not hiding from them. That takes courage."

"It took a little convincing from Val..."

"But it was still your choice to stay." We arrived at my class, and he had to go. "I'm just down there if you need me," he said, giving me a hug before leaving.

I walked into the class and took my regular seat in the back. Cal soon came in after me. "Hey, you okay? I heard about earlier," he said softly as he sat next to me.

"I'm fine now." I smiled.

"Class, listen up. We have a new student." I turned my attention to the front to see who Ms. Cranes was talking about. My blood froze as I saw those piercing eyes. "Everyone this is-"

"Cory," I gasped.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short. But I wanted to leave it off there :) hmm... who's Cory?

I have a new story up! One Day Too Late - please go read it! It would make me very happy :)

Also, go read I Don't Need A Family by Kitty Star. It's very good! :]]