Baby Baker

Chapter 25

Image

"Who is that guy, Sen?" Cal asked, staring Cory down.

"No one," I stuttered, looking down at my desk.

"And we see each other again," I heard his voice as he sat next to me. Really?! Why does God have to hate me?! "Aw, don't be that way, Senny," he cooed.

"Don't call me that," I hissed, glaring at him.

"What? You didn't seem to mind it when-"

"Fucking prick, back off," Cal growled.

"Or what?" Cory asked, smirking.

"Don't worry about it, Cal," I said, taking my stuff and walking out the door. Ms. Cranes didn't care if we left or not. It was study hall anyways.

I was walking away, trying to find a happy place, when someone grabbed my wrist and spun me around. "Where you going in such a rush, baby?" He asked, sneering.

"I'm not your baby, Cory," I spat, trying to get away from him.

"No, but you still wish you were. I saw the way you still looked at me after we broke up."

"Oh, you mean after you dumped my ass when I told you I was pregnant?" I hissed.

"I wasn't ready for that, Sen! Can you blame me?!"

I stood, stunned. "Yeah, I can, Cory. How do you think I fucking felt?! I was the one pregnant with her!" Familiar tears were filling my eyes.

"It was a girl?" He asked softly. I nodded, looking away, not wanting him to see my pain. "Was it true then? That you... You-"

"Miscarried? Yes, Cory." Thanks for bringing all of this back, ass! "Why are you even acting like you care?" I asked.

"Because I did, but, I had to keep up an image."

"Oh, don't fucking start that with me! I know all about images! Tell me, what about your mom? Hmm? And MINE!" I felt a sting in my cheek as my head flew to the side. Before I had time to come back at him, he was pinned to the wall.

"Don't you ever even think about touching her, let alone looking at her again. You're lucky we're on school property, or I'd have your ass on a stretcher right now. And not towards the hospital," Brian growled, before slamming him one last time into the wall, before coming over to me. "Come here, Baby," he said softly, pulling me into his arms.

"Mr. Haner!" We both turned to see one of the History teachers, Mr. Hanst, who
everyone hated. "Principle! Now!"

"Mr. Hanst, it wasn't his fault," I said, trying to defend him.

"Not now, Ms. Baker," he said in a softer tone, seeing my face. That fucker! He saw what happened and is still taking Cory's side! "If you'll please take these two to the office, then go get cleaned up," he said, before turning to go back to his class. Oh... Never mind. Guess Brent was getting in trouble, too.

"Bri, let's just ditch. I don't want you getting into trouble because of me," I said, trying to pull on his arm.

"No, Sen. He's going to call it in to the office anyways and who knows what he'll do," he said, nodding to Cory, who I just noticed had a bloody nose. Good. "Walk with me?" He asked, holding his hand out. I sighed and took it, leaning against him as we walked to the office. "This wasn't your fault, Sen. I was sticking up for you, it was my own fault for getting in trouble," he said after a few minutes of silence.

"But if I hadn't-"

"No," he said sternly. "My fault, not yours."

We walked into the office, and they were sent straight through the principle's door. About forty-five minutes later, they both walked out. "Come on," Brian said, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the chair I was in.

"Where are we going?" I asked, confused.

"Home. I got you out of school for the rest of the day."

"What about you?"

"Suspended 'till next Monday," he said, shrugging as if it didn't matter.

"Brian! What about Cory? Tell me he got something." He just stayed quiet. "Oh, hell no," I said, ready to turn back to the office.

"Don't," Brian said, catching me by my waist. "They let him off just because it was his first day and this is like my third 'offense' this year. It doesn't matter. We'll be out of here soon enough." I didn't question him anymore on the subject, happy that it was just a few days of suspension.

When we got back to my house, we went to the couch and turned on the t.v. Brian lay down and pulled me next to him, wrapping his arms around me from behind. "Are you okay?" He asked softly, taking my hand in his.

"Yeah," I said, closing my eyes and leaning back into him.

"You know you don't need to lie to me." He moved, then turned me so I was laying on top of him. "Sen, look at me." I kept my eyes closed and face buried in his shirt. "Please," he whispered, stroking my hair. I lifted my head to look down into his eyes. "There's those jewels I wanted to see." He smiled, stroking my cheek. "Now, tell me. You need to get it off your chest."

"You already know what went on with Cory and I, Brian."

He nodded. "Yes, but I don't know what was so bad when you said that stuff about your mom and his. What was that all about?"

I sighed, laying my head on his chest, tracing random patterns just below the neck line of his shirt.

***

I can't believe it! After everything we told you! After everything we taught you! And still this happens!"

"Well I'm sorry if I can't be perfect like you, Mom! Oh, wait. You're not! You were in this same situation if I remember correctly."

"Exactly! I didn't want my children making the same mistake!" I sat there, shocked and angry that she would say such a thing.

"Zina is not a mistake! How can you say that!" I screamed in anger, defending my older sister.

Slap!

I held my burning cheek as my mother glared down at me. "Do not raise your voice to me... You know, I had the perfect life. I would have graduated top of my class and everything along with Cory's mother... Only if we hadn't of gone out that night."

"Oh, stop speaking so highly of yourself! You spread your legs to any guy you dated for more than a week! Wow, what a commitment!"

"You have no idea what I went through during the beginning of my teen years."

"You don't know what I've had to deal with my whole life, and you probably never will!"

***

He sighed, wrapping his arms tighter around me, kissing the top of my head. "What did you mean by what you've had to deal with your whole life?" He asked after a few minutes.

"I've always been the Baby Baker... Even after Matty was born. I was still the younger twin, Zack's little sister. Always there, but never seen because Zack was the better twin. My parents always wanted just boys. So they just went crazy over Zack and Matt. Zina and I, on the other hand, were kind of just put on the back burner. Zina didn't care too much, because she was out of the house by the time we hit middle school. She had her friends and boyfriend to escape to. Me? I kind of just stayed in my room. Yeah, I had friends, but not many. Most of them became Zack's friends, I was left behind. Soon after everything started happening, Zack and I became closer. We were close to start off with... But not like now. He wasn't over protective and didn't watch out for me back then as much as he does now."

"You know he loves you more than anything in the world, right?"

I simply nodded. I knew my brother loved me. He just had a weird way of showing it sometimes... But I still felt just like the Baby Baker. I don't think that will ever change...
♠ ♠ ♠
Go check out Fate - by Heartagrams. It has Bam in it :) hehe... That man, I swear. I have no idea why I'm so fascinated by him...