Baby Baker

Chapter 34

Image

The next week, I was laying on the couch with Brian, watching t.v. My head was killing me, and I just didn't feel good at all. The only thing I could think about, was that we were graduating in two days. Finally!

"Where's my Valedictorian?" Zack asked, walking through the front door.

I groaned. "Zack, when are you going to stop with that?" I asked, covering my face with my hands.

"Oh, shut up. I have a present for you," he said, sitting on the coffee table in front of me.

"Another one?" He had been getting me random presents since our huge fight... It was getting a little annoying. The presents were thoughtful and looked like he had spent time on picking them out and not just spur of the moment things. But, still...

"Yes, another one."

"Can we tell her now?!" Jimmy asked, bouncing into the room.

"Shut up, Jimmy!" Matt said, slapping the back of his head.

"What am I missing?" I asked, slowly sitting up. Brian continued to run his fingers through my hair, knowing I still didn't feel good.

"Nothing. Now, open," Zack said, setting the bag on my lap.

I sighed and took the wrapping paper out first, then fished for the object inside. I ended up pulling out a camera. I looked back up at Zack with wide eyes. He was smiling widely. "Zack... How... How much was this?" I asked, running my fingers over it softly.

"That doesn't matter. I just know how much you like taking pictures and knew it was perfect for you!"

I set the camera down next to me and stood up to give him a hug and kiss on the cheek. "I love it. Thank you," I said, holding him close.

"Anything for you, Baby."

"Now, no more," I said sternly.

"But-"

"No buts!"

"Sen-"

"No, Zack. Nada. No Mas. Zip," I said, sitting back down. I noticed Brian was suddenly gone.

"Here, Babe," he said, walking back into the room with Advil and water.

"Thanks," I said, taking the pills.

"Still don't feel good?" Zack asked, running his fingers through my hair. That was just a habit everyone had with me. They knew I loved it and how it calmed me down.

"Not really."

"I know what will make her feel better." Jimmy piped up.

Zack sighed, shaking his head. "You're not going to shut up until we tell her, are you?" He asked, glaring at our hyper-active, long legged friend who was recently bouncing in place.

"Nope!" He said, popping the 'p'.

"Fine," Matt sighed. This was starting to make me feel uneasy about what they had to tell me. "So, you know how we've been doing performances and those things?" I nodded. "Well, we were 'scouted' I guess you can say and-"

"We got signed!" Jimmy yelled, jumping up from his seat. "We're going on tour right after graduation!"

I sat there, trying absorb the information I was just given. Was it because of my headache that I couldn't process anything? Or was it because I didn't want to...

"Sen?" Brian asked softly, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Wait... What?" I asked, still in shock.

"We got signed! Isn't that great?!" Jimmy asked, still bouncing up and down.

My stomach knotted as my heart burst. It was true... My mind wasn't playing tricks on me...

Don't get me wrong. I was happy for them, but at the same time sad. Now they were going to be spending even more time away, and in just two days, they would have to tour to promote themselves. I knew this was always what they wanted, so why was I being so selfish?

But why couldn't it be a little bit later so I could finally take everything in and get used to the idea? My foundation, the reasons I was still living were going to be leaving me for God knows how long...

"Congratulations, guys." I smiled, but knowing it was fake.

"Sen?" Zack asked, his high suddenly gone as he looked into my eyes, my weakness. "Baby, aren't you happy for us?"

"Of course." I tried saying clearly, but my voice betrayed me and cracked. "I'll be right back," I mumbled, before running to the bathroom.

Why was this hitting me so hard?

*Zack's P.O.V.*

This was our dream! This was what we had been working towards for so long! Now that I see how it emotionally is effecting Sen, I don't know if it was such a good choice...
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha! And you thought Michelle was coming back... Oh wait...

Also, if you haven't already, could you check out my new story - The Last Night. It's part of the reason why it's taken me so long to get other updates out! lol