Baby Baker

Chapter 38

Image

"Baby... What happened to your eyes?" Zack asked quietly, barely brushing his finger tips over the scared skin on the side of my eyes.

"I was in an accident," I whispered, my head still tilted towards the ground.

"So... What happened?" He asked, not sure if he should.

I stayed silent, and Cal decided it was time to help out. "Trey tried running her off the road that night you guys left. This was the worst of her injuries."

"I'll kill the fucker!" Matt growled.

"Too late," I mumbled.

"Sen... You did-"

"No, Zack. He ran himself off the road and killed himself. But, now I have to live with this every day."

"It's just skin, Baby. There's so much more-"

"That's not all that happened, Zack," I said softly. He stayed silent, waiting for me to go on. "The glass flew into my eyes and well..." I let out a breath. "I can barley see shadows now."

"So... You're blind?" Matt asked.

"Pretty much."

Nothing else was said. I was just brought into a pair of strong arms, knowing it was my brother. "I'm so sorry, Baby," he whispered into my hair.

"It's not your fault," I said, holding tight onto his shirt. "Cal's helped me." I felt his head move and lay it on my shoulder.

"Thank you." I presumed that was meant for Cal.

"Of course. I wasn't just going to let her suffer."

"Sen, why didn't you tell us?" Jimmy asked.

"Because I didn't want to distract you guys."

"How would you be distracting us? You're our little sister, Sen! We would kill for you! We almost have..." Matt said, going off.

I just buried my face into the nook of Zack's neck. "Shh, it's ok," he said soothingly, rubbing my back.

Matt sighed. "I'm sorry, Sen. That just pisses me off that that happened to you, and we weren't there to help..."

"I don't think you could have," I mumbled.

*Brian's P.O.V.*

"So... Tonight?" I think her name was Sara? Shannon? I don't know. I just knew her name started with an S.

"Um, yeah. After the show." I said, as we walked to where everyone was at.

When we walked into the room, my breath caught in my throat. This couldn't be true... I was wide awake... Was she haunting me when I'm conscious now?

"Who is that?" What's her face asked snottily. I wanted to shake her off my arm and yell at her for talking about her like that, but I had another idea.

"No one," I said, wrapping my arm around her waist and walking towards the bands. "Hey, guys," I said casually. I saw them all tense up, including Cal. But she seemed at ease. That, or she was just faking it.

"Brian," Zack growled, but Sen placed her hand on his knee and he calmed down, looking at her.

She looked a bit different. Her hair was a little bit longer. She looked even skinnier than she had when we left...

She better be eating.

I might be pissed at her, but I still cared about her...

"Hello, Brian," Sen said softly.

"Sendra," I said shortly. I walked over to one of the couches and sat down, pull what's her face down onto my lap.

"So what's one thing you really miss?" Ray asked Sen.

"The sunsets."

"You're a big fan of sunsets?"

She nodded. "I used to love taking pictures too. That's why Zack got me a camera. I only used it for about two days until Graduation. Then I just recently picked it back up a few weeks ago."

"That's interesting. It must be difficult," Gerard said.

"How is that difficult? You just point the camera and click," I said.

"Really, Brian? If you're going to be an ass, just leave," Jimmy said, pissed off.

"I'm just saying."

"You've missed out on a lot, Brian. So don't start acting like you know everything," Matt growled.

"We've been gone two months. How much could I have missed."

Sen pulled off her sunglasses. "A lot."

My eyes widened as I looked at her. There were scars around her eyes. The green orbs I used to love looking into, were now swirled with parts of gray. She wasn't looking straight at me. "Are you..."

"I'm not fully blind, but I can't see clearly. I mainly see shadows," she explained. "I'm glad you found a friend," she said, nodding to my lap, before looking down. "I think I'm going to go for a walk," she said softly, standing up.

What happened to my Sen? This girl wasn't Sendra. She was the ghost of her...
♠ ♠ ♠
A few of you were right :) I'm surprised so many of you thought she was pregnant! That would be too cliche... and too much like my Temporary Series :)