Baby Baker

Chapter 6

Image

It was already Friday. It felt like the week had just flown by. I had finally told Zack about my date, and he was just being the usual 'older brother'. He told me to be careful, kick him in the balls if he tried anything, and to call him if I wanted to leave early.

It was seven as the door bell rang. I ran down the stairs and tried to get to the door before any of the guys did. But, of course, Zack beat me to it. "Well, looky who we have here. Mr. Trey Collins," Zack said, smiling and shaking his head. So they knew each other?

"Hey, Man. I'm here for Sendra."

"Oh, I know why you're here. Now, listen. We might be cool and everything. But... If you hurt my sister, you won't just have me after you. You will have me, plus the guys, plus Papa after you. I'm sure you don't want that."

"Zachary, get your ass back to the living room before you embarrass yourself even more," I said, laughing and pushing him out of the way.

"Hey! You ready to go?" Trey said, smiling.

"Yeah, let's go. Bye, guys! Be good! Do not trash the house or will make you clean it yourselves. With a toothbrush!"

"Sad thing is, she will," Zack mumbled to Trey. He just laughed.

"Bye, Zack. I'll be home later," I said, walking out the door and closing it before he could say anything else.

As we were walking down the sidewalk, Michelle and Brian were walking up towards the house. "Hey, where are you two going?" Brian asked curiously.

"Date," I said simply.

"Really?" His expression turned to something I couldn't quite put my finger on as he looked at Trey. "Take care of her."

"Don't worry, I will."

"Wow, you actually look some-what of a girl tonight," Michelle snickered. It took everything in me not to hit her.

"I'll see you later, Bri," I said, turning and walking to Trey's car.

"So, I take it you and Michelle don't get along very well?" Trey said as we got in.

"You could say that." He nodded, and dropped the subject.

First, he had done the whole cliché thing, and took me to dinner and a movie. Afterwards, we headed to the beach, where we just walked by the water. It was a beautiful night. He was acting like a gentleman and didn't try anything. All he did was hold my hand. We talked about everything. I learned things about him, and he learned things about me.

"Why do you always just keep to yourself, or your brother and the guys? Don't you want to hang out with anyone else?" He asked curiously.

I just shrugged. "I've kind of always just been my brothers shadow. We're the middle kids. Zina's the oldest and Matt's the youngest. Zack's always the one getting himself into stuff or fooling around. Me? I guess I'm just there."

"Well he seems very protective over you," he said, chuckling.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"The whole reason I was so nervous asking you out was because of your brother. If anyone so much as looks at you the wrong way, he glares or threatens them to stay away from you." I looked at him shocked. "Oh, yeah. He always makes sure that you don't see. But, he's just being a good brother."

"I guess." Oh, we are so having a talk when we get home!

"I had a lot of fun tonight. As cliché as it was, at least I got to spend time with you," Trey said, playing with my hands as we stood out front of the house.

"I did too."

"So... Maybe we could end it with another cliché?" He smirked softly. I didn't even answer him. Soon, our lips were pressing together softly.

The front door was swung open, and a throat was cleared. I barley turned my head to see all five guys standing there, arms folded across their chests. I groaned and pulled away. "You guys are assholes," I grumbled, crossing my arms, too.

Trey laughed. "I'll let you go. Txt me later," he said, kissing my cheek and walking back to his car.

I watched, smiling as he left. But, when I turned around, the guys were still standing there. "What?!" I asked, pushing in through them.

"And what was that?" Zack asked.

"Um, me kissing a guy who took me on a date. I can do that, you know."

"But kissing him on the first date will make him think he can get some the next!"

"Okay, I'm going to ignore that comment. You know me better than that."

"What about Freshman year?" He threw at me. It would have been better if he had just slapped me. He saw my face and instantly showed guilt. "Oh, Sen I'm sorry. I-"

"Whatever, Zack. I'm going to bed. I'm tired," I mumbled, running up the stairs and locking my door behind me.

He just had to bring that up, didn't he?