Baby Baker

Chapter 8

Image

A few minutes later, there was a knock at my door. "Go away," I grumbled, sitting down in my bay window.

"I can't go away, I'm your brother," Zack said on the other side. I grabbed a shoe and chucked it at my door. "Fine, then who will you talk to?"

"No one."

"Not a choice."

"I don't care, Zack! Just fucking leave me alone!"

"I'm not going to leave you alone when you're acting like this!"

"Well maybe you should!"

"Why?!"

"Because I'm still pissed at you!"

"Why are you pissed at me?! What the fuck did I do?!"

"You know what you did last night, Zack! That hurt me and you know it!"

It was quiet for a few seconds, and I was hoping he would leave. "I'm sorry, Sen. You know I didn't mean to say it," he said softly.

"But you still did."

"What're you two yelling about? And through the door?" I heard Shadow's voice. We had to call him by his nick name while our brother Matt was around. Or it would just get confusing...

"She won't let me in to talk to her," Zacky said.

"Sen, can I come in?" He asked, knocking on the door softly.

"Why can't you people just leave me alone for once? Damn," I groaned, laying my head on the pillow and closing my eyes.

"Because we love you too much," he said, walking in and over to me. "Now, what's on your mind?" He asked, picking up my legs and setting them on his lap.

I sighed heavily and looked up at him. "Everything."

"Well that helps," he said, laughing. "Can you specify?"

"Why don't you guys want me with some one?" I asked quietly, I wasn't even sure if he heard.

"Sen, it's not that. We want you to be with someone, we really do. We're just trying to protect you."

"Matt, you guys can't protect me from everything."

"I know, Sen. But... We're just scarred of losing you again," he said, softly stroking my cheek.

"That was years ago, Matt."

"Not many. And you still let it get to you."

I looked down at my lap as the familiar sting of tears were in my eyes. "I can't help it."

"Shh, come here." He pulled me into his lap as I lay my head on his shoulder. "It's not going to happen again, Sendra. You need to believe that," he said, stroking my hair.

"How can you be so sure?"

"I don't know... I'm not. I'm just praying to God that it doesn't."

We sat in silence for a while, until I finally asked the question that was eating away at me. "How could Brian tell her? Her of all people!"

"I don't know, Babe. But, he is sorry."

"Sorry doesn't fucking cute it, Matt. Not with that at least. He made a promise and he broke it..."

"Why don't you talk to him about it?"

"Because his leach is probably at his side."

"I see your point..." There was a knock at the door. "Who is it?" He asked for me.

"Trey. Just came to see, Sen." I wiped my tears stained face and walked to the door. "Hey, you ok?" He asked, concern written on his face.

"Yeah, just stupid crap. What's up?"

"Just wondering if you wanted to hang out. I'm so bored and really wanted to hang with you again."

I smiled and nodded. "Just let me throw some clothes on and I'll meet you down stairs."

When I was changed, I grabbed my phone and headed down the stairs. "Ready?" I asked Trey. He was sitting on the couch, talking to Zina, as Brian glared at him.

"Yeah." He smiled, standing up. "I'll see you guys later. Nice to meet you," he said to Zina, before walking towards the front door.

"Sen, wait!" Brian called after me. I didn't listen to him. "Sendra, come on," he said, grabbing my arm. "Talk to me, please."

I looked up at with a blank stare. "Why should I, Brian?" I asked, pulling away from his grip and following Trey to his car. He just stood there, watching us drive away.