A Different Life

001

I sighed, why oh why, did we have to move to Germany of all places?! I mean, we don't speak german! We're Swedish for crying out loud!! I sighed and groaned as my MP3 died. Great, now I have to listen to my mom and sister the rest of the way. Luckilly mom pulled over at a house just then.

"We're heeere!" she announced in a sing-song voice.

"Thank god!" I muttered and hurried out. The furniture and everything has allready been put in place and I ran to my room, the only bedroom on the bottom floor. I locked the door and laid down on my bed. I sighed and looked out through the window. It was pitch black outside, it was in the middle of the night after all. One of the good things with Germany is that it's in the same timezone as Sweden. That's the only good thing, I guess. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I woke up at six am, after about three hours of sleep. Great. Why did we have to move here the day before school started? I got up, went into the bathroom to take a shower and then got dressed. I put on my My Chemical Romance t-shirt and a pair of black jeans and my studded black leather belt. I put on my spiderweb armwarmers, mostly to cover up the scars, then went to the mirror to do my make up. Thick with eyeliner and blood red lips, just the way I liked it. I walked out, grabbed my bag and walked out the door. I stopped as I heard my mom yell after me.

"Don't leave until Rox is done! You two are going together!" she said harshly and I groaned,

Perfect! I sat down on the step and waited. My sister can be really slow in the mornings, especially if she knows that I am waiting.
After five minutes I heard voices approaching. I looked at the direction the voices came from and saw two boys about my age walking down the street. They stopped at the gate and started speaking in German with me.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand German.. Sorry.." I explained, feeling extreamly embaressed.

"Oh." one of them, a guy with dreadlocks, baggy clothes and a baseball cap said. "Well, we asked if you just moved here.."

"Yeah, got here really late last night.." I mummbled and yawned. "Right now I'm waiting for my sister.."

"Where are you from?" the other one, a guy with big black hair that got white streaks in it, make up and jewlery said.

"Sweden.. Mom got an impulse that 'Hey, why don't we move to Germany though we know no german whatsoever'!" I grunted and stood up as I heard the door open. My sister came out, with her bag in her hand and stopped as she saw the guys.

"Bea, do you know these guys?" she whispered to me insecurly in swedish.

"Rox, this is.." Then I realized I had no idea what their name were and blushed. The guy with black hair laughed.

"I'm Bill, and this is my brother Tom." he said and smiled.

"Well, I'm Beatrix, and this is my sister Rox." I said and looked at my cell phone. "And we should really get to school now. And we have no idea where it is.." I confessed, blushing even more.

"Well, we can show you where it is." Bill said and they started walking off. I followed them, but my sister yanked my arm.

"Are you sure about this, Bea? I mean, we don't know them!"

"Chill, sis! They offered to show us where the school is, and that is a hell better than us trying to find it ourselfs!" I said and started to half run to catch up with the guys. My sister followed me, but only because she don't want to be left alone.

After a not too long walk we could see the school. I breathed a sigh of relife, at least we weren't late.. Yet. Bill and Tom showed us where the reception was, then they ran of to their classes, but they promised to swait for us after school so they could follow us home again.

The lady sitting behind the desk looked up at us, said something in german and pointed to the door we just had entered through. When we didn't move, she looked up at us, said something else in german, this time with a very angry tone.

"Uhm.. I'm sorry, but we don't understand.." I mummbled, scared of this woman.

"Oh, I am so sorry, I didn't realize it was you.. I didn't think you were comming until next week." the woman said in perfect english.

"Well, we're here now.." I mummbled, still a bit shy.

"Right, I will get you your scheduals and then you will get some pepers that needs to be filled out before you can go to your classes.." The woman stood up, dissapeared into a room somewhere, then came back with several papers. She handed me the papers and two pens. "You can sit there and fill them in, okay?"

We sat down at the sofas she had pointed to and we started filling out the papers she had given to us. I had to take out the little note I had with me to be able to fill in our adress and things like that. After a couple of minutes we were finished and handed back the papers to the woman, who in excange gave us our scheduals and a map of the school. We said bye to each other and went in the direction of out clases.

When I finally found my classroom I took a deep breath and softly knocked on the door before slowly opening it. The teacher went quiet and looked at me, so did the whole class. Before I knew it the teacher started saying things in german and then looked at me.

"Why don't you tell us something about yourself?"

"Uhm, I'd rather not.." I mummbled and looked down on my Converse.

"Well, then just take a seat and someone will fill you in." he said and I looked at the class. I
smiled when I saw Bill and Tom. Bill smiled and waved. I went to sit down by them and the teacher continued to ramble on in german.

When it was time for lunch I followed Bill and Tom and they showed me where to go and everything. They were really nice guys, I could se myself become close friends with them in the future. Bill had promised me to teach me german, in exchange that I teach him better english. I didn't eat much for lunch, I was still too nervous to eat, and Bill hurried to eat so he could have some time to show me around in the school.

When the schoolday was over I saw Rox standing under the old tree as she promised she would. She ran towards me and gave me a hug. Guess her day wasn't a good one.. The four of us walked home in silence and as we got to our place I said that I'd see the guys tomorrow, then me and Rox walked inside. She went straight to her room, and I went to mine. I took out my laptop and sign on to MSN. Some of my old classmates were online and I talked to them for a while, then went to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, first chapter.. Should I continue?