Sequel: A Cherry Sunset

A Dawn I Thought We'd Never See

More Rumors + After Parties

I sighed as I closed the last box of merch. It had been a long and busy day. I was dead exhausted and it was dark enough to creep me out a little. Victoria had ran off a good twenty minutes ago to start packing the trailer, but she had yet to return to grab more boxes. My guess was she had either ran into Lee or tracked him down.

“Hey Em,” his voice came from behind me and I turned with a big smile on my face. There stood Andrew Goldstein in all his glory, or should I say the clothes he’s worn for five days straight.

“Andrew!” I squealed, much like a fan girl, and threw myself at him. He stumbled back a bit and wrapped his arms around me.

“Jeez, Em, knock me down why don’t you?” Andrew laughed as he patted my back.

“It’s been like a fucking ghost town around here. The only people that stop by anymore is Vee, cause she has to, and her new lover. It’s almost like everyone’s avoiding the tent.” I mused as I pulled away from him. I arched my eyebrows as he gave me this weird smile. “You know something I don’t?”

He hesitated and stuffed his hands in his pockets. “Well, everybody, kind of, has been avoiding you.” He rushed the last part out.

My mouth dropped open in shock. “Wha—wh?” I took a deep breath and settled my hands on my hips while my brain focused on speaking. “Did I do something?” I was the only explanation I could come up with though I didn’t remember anything that I’d done that could possibly upset everyone on Warped Tour.

“Of course not!” Andrew shook his head fiercely and then hesitated again. “There’s just this rumor,” I groaned at the word and Andrew stopped as he stared at me.

“These damn rumors are going to kill me.” I dramatically threw my hands in the air and then Andrew chuckled at me. “It’s quite frustrating. So, tell me what this new rumor is that has everyone acting like I have the plague.”

“It’s not really that big of a deal. It’s more like a precaution kind of thing.” He was stalling. I arched one eyebrow at him and crossed my arms. Then he just seemed to blurt it out. “Everyone’s seen the Sykes kid around you and rumor is he’s like your boyfriend. So of course everyone’s avoiding you cause they think Sykes will be around and beat them up cause he’s protective or something. He’s apparently a big dick.”

I sighed. “I should have figured this was about Oliver.” I said it more to myself than to Andrew as I let his name roll off my tongue with a bit of disgust. “Alright, for the record,” I pointed my finger at Andrew and he pretended to hold a notebook and pen. I rolled my eyes and then continued, “Oliver Sykes is not my boyfriend. I like him just as much as everyone else does. And he’s not a dick.”

“I heard he pushed you to the ground.” I winced at the memory.

“Okay, he used to be a dick, but he’s actually not that bad now.”I bit my bottom lip to keep from defending him anymore.

“Mkay, now I’ve got all that down and I’ll be sure to spread it around.” He smiled his classy/sexy smile and put his hands in his back pockets. “Care to join me to the after party? It’s at a Denny’s, and I know I heard you grumbling about being hungry when I walked up.” My cheeks flushed a little. I hadn’t realized I was talking out loud.

“I’d love to, but I’ve got to pack all this shit up by myself since Vee seems to have disappeared.” I complained as I bent over to pick up a few boxes.

“Then I’ll help you pack and afterwards we’ll go,” he suggested and picked boxes up as well. I bit my bottom lip, knowing his intentions were a little less than innocent, but then smiled. “Sounds perfect.” I could use the help and what was a better way of getting the news that Oliver and I weren’t a couple than to be seen at a Warped after party with a different guy?
♠ ♠ ♠
Emmy
this story officially has ten stars *tears up* this is for you guys!
xooxEmber