Sequel: A Cherry Sunset

A Dawn I Thought We'd Never See

Makeups + Denials

“Emmy! Emmy! Emily!” I giggled as Jack cheerfully chanted my name as he skipped up to the merch tent.

“Jack Attack!” I yelled and threw myself into his open arms for a hug.

“What about me?” Standing on my tip toes, I could see Alex pouting over Jack’s shoulder.

“Alexander! Oh, how I’ve missed you!” I giggled and pulled away from Jack to hug Alex as he rolled his eyes.

“Whatever slut,” he teased as he squeezed me against him.

“Man whore,” I retorted into his shirt and sigh as I lean into him. These two have practically become my saviors these past few days. They’re also about the only guys on tour who actually think I’m not a real slut. Between them and Victoria, I’ve been able to ignore the constant murmurs and dirty looks.

“Oh, you guys are just on time!” Victoria clapped and quickly stood up from her fold out chair. “Thank you so much!” She grabbed Jack by his head and pulled him down to her level so she could kiss his cheek. Alex and I chuckled as Jack blushed.

“What are they ‘just on time’ for?” I questioned as Alex kept his arm around my waist. Normally I would have felt uncomfortable and awkwardly wiggled away from him, but not anymore. His arm was soothing and I leaned my head on his shoulder in response.

“They’re watching the tent for us.” Victoria gave me her big, cheesy smile.

“Okay, what are we doing then?” I asked cautiously. Something about her smile was unnerving.

“Going to meet up with December.” My stomach dropped. I was hoping an awful lot that her two brothers weren’t around.

“Do we have to?” I whined and Alex poked my side, making me squirm.

“Yes, we do.” Victoria grabbed my hand and quickly kissed Alex’s cheek before dragging me away. I waved to the boys as they yelled out goodbyes.

“So, this is just a girls thing right?” I swallowed as I stared at all the merch tables we were passing.

“It’s just me, you, and her, checking out a few sets.” I nodded timidly and then my body froze as my eyes glued to familiar bleach blond hair.

“Um, can I meet you guys somewhere? There’s something I gotta do.” I was asking before my mind was even comprehending who I was staring at.

Victoria opened her mouth to protest but then shut it as she saw what I was staring at. “Uh, yeah, that’s fine. We’ll wait for you at Norma Jean’s merch tent. I’ve wanted to introduce her to them.” She gave my hand a reassuring squeeze before jogging off.

My heart rate increased once she left. I took the few steps to the table and blinked hard to make sure I was really seeing him.

Once I confirmed it, I had to open my mouth. “Kyle?” He spun around with a smile at his name. Then my face registered and his bright blue eyes turned hard and icy. “Can we talk?”

He didn’t’ answer but nodded his head curtly with his lips pressed together tightly. He turned halfway and murmured something to the other guys in the tent before stepping out and following me away from the tent.

“Well,” I started after enough awkward silence passed. “I just wanted to know what I did to get the silent treatment.”

“Other than being a whore, you mean?” I did my best not to flinch at the venom in his words.

“Okay, maybe I should start with something else.” I took a deep breath and stared straight into his pretty blues. “I’m sorry that Tom and the others interrupted our date.” Kyle looked genuinely surprised by my sincerity. “And I’m sorry if I caused you any other pain. I made my silly rules to keep all the heartbreak to a minimum, but I realize now that my process was flawed to begin with and I hope that we can still be friends.” I held my hand out as a peace offering and gasped when Kyle put his in mine.

“I’m sorry I over reacted and I’m happy you’ve finally realized how ridiculous those rules are.” Kyle let his grin break out and my heart melted.

“I know, took forever, huh?” I laugh with him and notice he’s still holding my hand. My cheeks flush.

“So, uh, this mean the rumors I’ve been hearing are true?” He lost a bit of sparkle in his eyes and my stomach dropped. “You really got yourself a boyfriend?”

I snorted. “No,” I shook my head and noticed his look of relief. “I’m just getting used to breaking down my walls. Boyfriend is way in the future, but at least he’s there.” I shrugged.

“Alright.” Kyle squeezed my hand as if he’d just realized he was still holding it and then let go, stuffing his hands in his pockets. “Maybe we can try that whole date again when you get there.”

“Maybe,” I tilted my head and tried keeping my smile from going crazy maniac looking.

“Okay, I’ll take a maybe.” Kyle laughed and so did I. It was nice to have the atmosphere clear between us. “Don’t look now, but Vee’s staring at us like she’s planning our murders.” Kyle chuckled and I noticed his gaze was over my shoulder.

“Hehe, yeah, I’d better go before she acts on her plans.” I laugh nervously as I turn to go. Kyle grabs my arm before I make it anywhere.

“You’re not leaving without a hug, silly Emmy.” His arms wrap around me in a warm hug and his chin rest on top my head.

“I’ll see ya around, Burns.” I smile and squeeze him. It’s like for one minute, things are fine. There’s no rumors, no fights, and most importantly, no hearts broken. Then Kyle’s letting go of me and I’m walking away.

I walked the little ways to Norma Jean’s merch tent with my head buzzing. “Emileh!” The ear-splitting scream clears all of my senses. “Oi, ’s been so long!” I smiled uneasily as December rushes over and enveloped me in a squeeze-the-life-out-of-you hug. I haven’t seen her since Victoria dragged me along to pick her up at the airport. It was mostly just because of her brothers however.

“Hey December,” I greeted back with actual enthusiasm in my tone as I pat her back.

“Please, ’s jus’ Dee.” The girl waved it off and then smiled brightly back at Victoria. “So we readeh teh go then?”

“I’m ready.” Victoria shrugs with her eyes trained on me.

“Where are we going?” I question as December locks one arm with me and the other Victoria.

“Teh see meh brotha scream ‘is lungs out, o’ course!” December giggled and I shot Victoria a glare. “Can I ask who that adorable blond is?” She asks as we pass Kyle and he waves.

“That’s Kyle Burns, Em’s ex-lover.” Victoria answers for me while I wave back to Kyle.

“Ex? So yeh don’t mind ef I throw myself at ‘im, eh?” December giggled harder.

“Knock yourself out.” I muttered and cling to her arm as the crowd around us thickens. We were definitely getting close to the stage.

“Oi! Yeh should invite ‘im teh meh parteh!” She squealed and dropped our arms to grab our hands. The crowd was thick now. December still found some way to pull us further into the mass and finally to the steel barriers at the front.

“You’re having a party?” The mention of a party made me queasy since the last one had gone over so smoothingly.

“Yeah, ‘s like a welcome-teh-tour parteh.” She shrugged and her eyes opened. “Oi! Wankeh with the camera!” She yelled and my eyes strayed to see who it was meant for. A head turned and pretty blue orbs seeked us out in the crowd.

“Well, look at yeh pretteh ladies!” Tom grinned as he strode over to us. He was on the other side of the bar, with the guards and a camera around his neck. “An’ the old hag!” He laughed as he tousled December’s hair.

“Oh ha ha. Yeh’re such a laugh, Tommeh.” She rolled her eyes and laid the sarcasm on thick.

“Yeh don’t ‘ave teh tell meh, doll. The lasses do that plenteh enough for meh.” He winked and then leaned against the bar beside me. “So yeh girls come teh see Oleh thrash like an idiot?”

“And to beat the crap out of guys twice our size,” Victoria teased and I swallowed hard. From the soun of it, Oliver’s band was worthy of a few serious mosh pits. I usually left the moshing to Victoria and jammed by the side stage.

“There’s nothin’ like a pretteh bird who can throw a few punches.” He laughed and turned his attention to the stage as the crowd screamed. I watched him for a bit, snapping pictures like he was, but then looked to the stage as the crowd pushed me into the bar.

Oliver had just entered the stage. Standing where I was I had the perfect angle to examine him. His pants were tight, but thankfully not the check-out-my-dick tight. He was wearing a simple white v-neck shirt that showed off his intriguing tattoos and his small figure. His hair was a mess, but I suppose that was the look he was going for. I didn’t want to admit it, but he looked good. I’d probably take an immediate liking to him if I didn’t already know about his asshole personality.

And then his eyes met mine. Had his eyes always been such a beautiful shade of green? I almost fainted form the repulsion of my own question but something stopped me. Oliver was smiling at me. It was a small smile, but I cursed myself as my knees buckled and I clutched to the bar in front of me.

I DO NOT LIKE OLIVER SYKES!
♠ ♠ ♠
Emmy
Here is Oliver as promised : ) well, kinda sorta.
xooxEmber