Sequel: A Cherry Sunset

A Dawn I Thought We'd Never See

Truths + Surprises

“Hey Emily.” I lifted my head and blew my bangs out of my face.

“Hey Andrew.” I smiled a little too brightly in response to his nervous one. We hadn’t talked since the Denny’s incident.

“Well, I’m going to check on Lee. Can you help Em with merch?” Victoria raised her eyebrows as she stood up.

“Sure, Vee.” He switched spots with Victoria and she waved as she walked off. An awkward silence settled while we worked. A few kids asked him for a picture or his autograph. Finally business slowed and I took a seat while I watched Andrew grin big for the camera with his arm around a small girl.

“Aw, who knew Mr. Goldstein had a heart o gold?” I teased as he came and sat in Victoria’s chair.

“Eh, it’s just you rubbing off on me.” He smirked while my cheeks flushed. “You’re the one with the real heart of gold.”

“Please, some of those girls make me want to shove food down their throats and then strangle them.” I huffed at remembering the anorexic girl who’d thrown a fit this morning. It was ridiculous that some girls didn’t eat because they wanted to impress a boy with how skinny they were. News Flash : boys don’t find it hot when they can feel your ribs through your shirt while he’s trying to make out with you. Andrew started giving me this weird look. “What?” Surely I didn’t vent all that out loud, right?

He shakes his head and smiles slowly. “That’s just so out of character for you.” I groan.

“Why is it I’m not allowed to say dirty words or express anger without people looking at me funny?” I slapped my hand over my eyes. It was so frustrating constantly being told how I should and should act.

“Because that’s not you, Em.” I listened to his chair rustle but didn’t’ uncover my eyes. “You’re the sweetheart on tour that loves everyone. You don’t curse or get in fights.”

“But I do do those things! All of them!” I sat up and finally looked over. His upper body was turned to me and his eyes were kind of droopy looking. “I am not the perfect little angel that everyone believes I am.”

Andrew chuckles. “That’s just it, Emily. You are. I mean, why do you think every boy on this tour is practically putty in your hand?”

“I don’t know.” I cross my arms over my chest defensively. I don’t really like where this conversation is going anymore.

“It’s cause you’ve got the looks and the smarts. You’re amazing Em. That’s why everyone loves you, and you’re sweet. That’s why no one believes you can lose your temper.” His eyes and smile go soft. “I’m lucky to have gotten to kiss your pretty lips.”

Now my face was on fire. “Andrew—,”

He interrupted me. “It’s fine, Em. I know we’re not going to magically become a couple. Someone’s already got a hold on your heart and I accept that.”

“There’s no one,” I start but stop again as he rolls his eyes.

“Come on Em. The whole tour knows there’s some attraction between you and Sykes. You’ve got to be blind not to see it.”

“Well then, I guess I’m blind.” I state stubbornly. I hate how Oliver is always brought up. It’s getting a little too redundant.

“Emily Hale, get over yourself and let the poor boy in. He’s obviously got a thing for you.” I can tell he’s looking at something over my shoulder but I don’t look at what as he stands up, waves, and leaves. My mouths hanging open in complete astonishment.

Andrew Goldstein giving me advice about love. What has the world come to?

“Emmy dearest.” It takes everything I have to turn toward Jack’s voice, but once I do I regret it. It’s not just Jack.

It’s the smiling faces of Alex and Jack, with Oliver between them. “Jeez Em, you look like you’re going to blow chunks.” Alex makes a face as their smiles vanish.

“I kinda feel like I am.” I bend over and focus on breathing.

“Here, drink some water.” Jack stepped to in front of me and held a half empty water bottle out to me. All three of them stared at me while I gulped the rest of the water down. It toned the nausea down but the wire-y nerves wouldn’t go away.

“Did he say something to you?” Alex was glaring at Andrew’s back as he walked away. Both Alex’s and Oliver’s body tensed in a protective way. It’s strange to watch.

“Actually, we settled things.” I tried smiling at them but it came out as a grimace.

“You’re a terrible liar, Em.” Jack muttered as neither Alex nor Oliver dropped their tense expressions.

“Truth, Emily.” Alex crossed his arms and glared down at me. I sighed.

“I am telling the truth.” I give Alex a brief glare back. “Now what are the three of you doing here . . . together?” I eyed them suspiciously. Last I remembered, Jack was running from Oliver and Oliver was calling him skunk head.

“Oli came to us with a favor.” Alex shifted uneasily next to Oliver. The nickname contradicted with his behavior.

“Cause we’re your best friends.” Jack added with a big goofy smile.

“The best friends that always end up watching fucking merch.” Alex grumbled as he pushed Jack out of the way and pulled me out of my chair by my upper arms. “Hurry up and scoot now!” He turned me toward Oliver and smacked my butt.

“Hey now!” Both my hands covered my butt as I turned back around. “Don’t I get to know where I’m scooting to and why I’m letting you two goofs run my tent?”

“No, you don’t.” Alex winked at Oliver while he took hold of my waist and pushed me backwards into Oliver.

“It’s a surprise!” Jack gave a thumbs up as new hands gripped my sides and steadied me.

“I give up. You guys are just weird.” I sighed and faced Oliver. “Shall we?” I extended one hand in front of me to gesture for him to go first while I grabbed his hand with my other.

Oliver grinned. “Thanks guys.” He waved and I glanced over my shoulder to see both of them smirking and waving back.

“Bye Oli! Bye Em!” I rolled my eyes and waited until we were walking by buses to try and crack Oliver.

“So,” I started innocently. “What have you got up your sleeve, Oliver?” I tilted my head to see him grinning as big as I’d ever seen him.

“With a little ‘elp from Tommeh and Toreh, we’re goin’ teh make yeh dream come true.” I scrunched my eyebrows together.

“What do you mean?” Oliver stopped and tightened his hold on my hand.

“Yeh trust meh, Emileh?” His brown eyes stared at me and my stomach dropped.

Get over yourself Emily and let the boy in.

“Yes, I trust you, Oliver.” My voice was shaky but it was the best I could do. My fingers trembled as they laced with his.

God help me, I’m putting my life and heart in Oliver Sykes hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
Emmy
awwwwwwwwwwwww : ) I love this one; comments?
xooxEmber