Sequel: A Cherry Sunset

A Dawn I Thought We'd Never See

Teases + Epiphanies

“Oliver and Emily sitting in a tree!” I buried my face in my hands as Victoria, December, Alex and Jack all sang together. “K – I – S – S – I –N – G!”

“Shut the fuck up!” I yelled at them completely exasperated. Since I had returned from Oliver and I’s little step out of tour reality, the four of them had been attacking me. I was literally two minutes away from choking whoever came too close.

“She’s more moody now that she’s got a mister.” Jack stated like I wasn’t sitting five feet away from him. “I don’t like it.” He pouted while Victoria and December laughed.

“I do not have a mister.” I grumbled and crossed my arms.

“Yet,” December added with a wink and my cheeks flushed.

“Don’t you two have a set to play, like five minutes ago?” I did my best to ignore my blushing as I arched an eyebrow at the two boys.

“What time is it?” Alex furrowed his eyebrows while Victoria pulled out her phone.

“Five-thirty-seven.” She read and both boys let out a string of curses as they hurriedly said bye, tripping over each other on their way out. “Now that the boys are gone.” Victoria shared a look with December before turning to me with a smirk.

“Tell us the goreh details!” December squealed as she came to sit at my feet. “Did ‘e try teh kiss yeh?”

“No!” I shouted in horror. I should have known they would start this. I would surely take Alex and Jack’s teasing over these girls gossiping.

“Come on, Em. You can tell us.” Victoria scooted her seat closer to mine and giggled. “Everyone knows you two spent the night in the same bunk.”

“Once!” I interrupted and Victoria rolled her eyes.

“An’ there’s that undeniable attraction between yeh two. Yeh should drop the foreplay an’ fuck already!” December clapped excitedly. “Then I’ll ‘ave litt-al Emmeh Sykes’ runnin’ ‘round. It’ll be so great!”

“You two are hopeless.” I sighed and put my head in my hands.

“Should we make sexy noises to turn her on?” Victoria suggested and I groaned.

“I think we should.” December agreed and then the moaning noises started.

“This is ridiculous!” I shouted but that just made them get louder. I winced as people started to stare over at us.

“What is going on over here?” Andrew McMahon appeared at the front of the tent with both his eyebrows raised and a pair of shades hiding his pretty blue eyes.

“Andy!” I screamed with relief and threw myself at him. “Save me!” He laughed and caught me whiel December and Victoria fell into hysterias.

“Well, I guess I am saving this pretty lady from you girls.” Andrew placed his arm around my waist and waved as he steered me away from merch ave. “So you feel like catching my set today, Em?”

I sighed with relief. “Some Jack’s Mannequin therapy is exactly what I need.”

“Uh-oh,” Andrew pulled me out of the way before a group of small girls trampled me. “What’s wrong in Em-Land?”

I went defensive easily. “What makes you think some things wrong in Em-Land?”

“You called my music therapy, hence forth something is wrong.” He led me to the side and flashed his pass to the guard. “Is this about that whole make-out scandal I heard about with you and Friday Night kid?”

“You know; it’s really weird when you bring up stuff like this before I even tell you about it.”

“It’s tour, Emily. You think you’d be used to the no privacy way we do things.” He chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

“You’re right. I don’t know why I’m surprised still. Anyway, my problems are actually not about that. Andrew and I got over that quick.”

“Then what’s the matter, Em dearest?” He asked sweetly and pressed a wet kiss to my cheek.

“Ew!” I complained as I wiped off the drool. “Please refrain from doing that again.”

“Will do.” It was quiet while I put my thoughts together.

“Have you ever been in love?” I had to tilt my head to look at him and read his expression.

“Actually, I’m in love now.” His face stayed mostly passive except for the curl of his lips.

“With who?”

“Her names Annie.” The small curl turned into a full grin.

“How do you know you love her?” Andrew gave me a questioning glance before he answered.

“Because no one makes me feel the way she does.”

“That sounds like a cheesy line from a movie.” I scrunched up my nose. I was expecting something a little more.

“Yes, it does but that doesn’t make it any less true.” He squeezed my side and smiled at me as we started to approach the stage I supposed he was playing on. “Since when does Emily Hale talk openly about love anyway?”

I dropped my eyes to my shoes. “Since everyone tells me I’ve get it for Oliver.” I mumble and then we stop walking.

“You like Oliver?” Andrew asked incredulously while I shrug.

“I don’t know.” I start to chew on my cheek and dart my eyes to Andrew. He’s taking his sunglasses off and he’s smiling like knows something.

“Alright, tell me some things about him.” He crosses his arms and just gives me that stare.

“What things?” I asked as I put my hands on my hips. I knew a lot of things about Oliver Sykes, that most people didn’t, but it wasn’t my place to share some of those things.

Andrew laughed. “Anything. Tell me what you think about him. Tell me what he’s like when it’s just the two of you. Tell me whatever pops into your head.”

I looked at him confused, not sure how this was going to help anything, but then I gave in. “Oliver’s a sweetheart.”

Andrew snorted and I smacked him. “Okay! Oliver’s a sweetheart. Continue.”

I sighed. “He puts up this asshole front around most people, but he’s really kind. He’s cocky sometimes, and sarcastic, but he’s still sweet. Fame has not corrupted him, which I respect him for that because it’d be plenty easy with how highly his fans regard him. He has a little bit of a weird sense of humor, but it’s nice. He makes me laugh a lot, and he’s kind of a gentleman.”

Andrew held up his hand and smirked. “You like him, Em.”

My eyes widened. “But—,” he covered my mouth.

“Trust me, Emily. I know what it looks like, and you have got it bad.” He laughed and removed his hand.

“But you didn’t tell me to mention the things I don’t like about him! I didn’t even get to say a bad word about him!” I defended quickly while he shook his head.

“That’s the point, Em. You had sixty seconds to say anything that you wanted about the boy and all that came out was sweet nothings. His flaws weren’t on your mind because they don’t matter that much. That’s what love is Emily. Real love is accepting someone whole-heartedly for who they are. There’s no judging or trying to change people. It’s just love.” I frowned while he grinned wide and tapped my chin. “Who knew little love-skeptic Emily Hale would fall for the douche bag?”

I rolled my eyes and huffed. “He’s not a douche bag.” I grumbled before realizing that was exactly what Andrew wanted.

“What was that? I didn’t’ quite catch it.” He smirked and held his hand to his ear.

“I said you’re a douche bag!” I folded my arms and stuck out my tongue as he laughed.

“Oh, I love you Emily.” He dragged me into a hug.

“I love you too, Andy.” I squeezed him and then pulled back. “Now get on stage so I can watch you spaz and laugh until my sides hurt.” I pushed him toward the stage and he saluted me before jogging to his piano.

I bit my bottom lip as I watched him and tried to lose myself in the clever lyrics and melody, but I couldn’t quite do it. My new findings were gnawing at me. Now that I faced my feelings, I would have to face Oliver. Or not face him and just wonder what if for an eternity. Neither choice seemed very appealing, or even slightly appealing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going to miss this story a lot too : ( a sequel doesn't sound so bad, but I don't have the time at the moment. I think I may start one after I finish Walls. but for now ... there is only one chapter left and it has the ultimate decision in it, which makes this kind of a cliff hanger. how do you guys feel about that?
xooxEmber