Sequel: A Cherry Sunset

A Dawn I Thought We'd Never See

Awkward Moments + Crashed Dates

“I don’t see why you’re complaining.” Vicky-T yelled from outside the bathroom door, which I glared at in response.

“Maybe because you two put me in the slutiest dress I’ve ever seen!” I yelled back.

“Oh, I've seen slutier!" Victoria screamed and banged on the door. "Just come out and let’s see how it looks!” I rolled my eyes but took a deep breath and slipped on the shoes Vicky-T had let me borrow. I shut my eyes as I opened the door, waiting for their reactions. It was dead quiet and I was trying to decide whether that was good or bad when I squinted an eye open. The hall was suddenly empty.

“You whores! I thought you wanted to see how I look!” I yelled as I stormed to the front, finding all the boys of Cobra Starship staring at me while Victoria and Vicky-T stared at them.

“Actually, we wanted to see their reactions.” Vicky-T corrected me as she pushed an open mouthed Gabe over. “And by the looks of it, I say we did pretty well.” She smiled smugly and looked over at Victoria who was waving her hand in front of Nate’s face. Nate wasn’t even blinking.

“Yeah, I’d say that’s an understatement. We don’t need poor Kyle having a heart attack.” Victoria giggled as she sat on Nate’s lap, blocking his view of me, in turn causing him to try and push her off.

“Go out with me instead!” Ryland jumped up from the floor and grabbed my hands.

“Sorry Ry, Kyle asked me first.” I giggled and let go of his hands to grab the black clutch Victoria had lent me. “And I guess I had better go meet him by the entrance. Bye guys.” I waved and closed the door on all the responses.

I was surprised to find it was a little chilly out and then remembered that I was practically wearing a towel. I grumbled a little on my way, but stopped in my tracks once my gaze fell on the platinum blonde leaning against the fence. He was wearing a pair of black skinny jeans, a white v-neck, and a black jacket on top. Not his usual style, but Kyle Burns was stunning.

“Em!” His eyes brightened once he noticed me standing there. “I thought you might stand me up for a second.” He smiled and I could see the relief clear on his features.

“Though I am completely against this,” I gave him my stern expression but ended with a smile. “I could never stand you up Burns. You’re too sweet.”

“You make me sound like a sympathy date.” Kyle chuckled but I detected the uneasiness in it.

“In a way, it is.” I shrugged and watched his whole charming act falter. “I mean, you know my rule about no tour dates, yet here we are.” He stayed quiet as we continued down the street. “On a date,” I continued, mostly to keep the awkward silence from settling on us.

“You don’t have to come if you don’t want to.” Kyle sounded angry and it was weird coming from him. I’d never been in an argument with Kyle, much less anybody else, so his frustrated tone sounded off.

“I do want to.” I grabbed his hand in mine and smiled when he looked over at me. The angry, disgruntled expression quickly vanished and was replaced with his usual loving one.

“I’m glad.” Kyle grinned and squeezed my hand before pulling me forward. The rest of the short walk to the small diner was silent except for the few giggles from me and the girlish giggles from Kyle.

“You know, you sound like a girl sometimes when you laugh.” I pointed out as we sat down in a booth. I felt so out of place with my fancy dress and the classic small town diner.

“Yeah, but you love it.” Kyle winked before glancing around, looking for our waitress.

“Don’t be so cocky.” I rolled my eyes and started to skim over a menu.

“What can I get you kids to drink?” Our waitress looked to be in her mid-thirties and sounded like a smoker.

“Coke?” Kyle asked me and I nodded. “Two Cokes, please.” He told the waitress and I watched as she went off behind the counter.”Have I told you that you look absolutely amazing?” I could feel the blush creeping up my neck and into my cheeks so I quickly looked down at the menu, shaking my head. “Well, you do.” Kyle placed his hand on top of mine. I felt an awkwardness settle and nerves flip my stomach as the front door jingled and loud voices entered the tiny diner.

“Emileh!” My head jerked up at my name and I spotted Tom at the entrance, surrounded by the other band members.

“Tom.” I greeted and smiled with relief. Finally something to break the tension.

“What are yeh doin’ ‘ere? And with who?” Tom eyed Kyle as he sat down beside me. Kyle was giving him the same glare right back while the rest of the guys that had entered pulled a table alongside our booth.

“Don’t mind eff we join yeh, do yeh?” Lee laughed as he took the seat next to Tom. Oliver slid in next to Kyle with his dark shades still hiding his eyes.

“Hope we’re not in’eruptin’,” Matt winked as he looked back and forth from me to Kyle and took the seat next to Oliver. I focused on Tom as I answered, trying to keep my eyes away from the fuming Kyle.

“This is Kyle; Kyle this is Tom, Matt, Jona, Matty, Lee, and Oliver.” I pointed as I went around, hoping I got every body’s name right. There was a chorus of ‘ellos’ that told me I had remembered their names and one ‘ey’. “So, uh, what are you guys doing?” I rubbed my neck as I tried to spark some small talk.

“Fillin’ our stomachs o’ course.” Lee laughed again and grabbed a menu. Our waitress came back with Kyle and I’s Cokes and took the rest of the guys orders. “Guess ‘s luckeh yeh picked ‘ere tah eat, eh Oleh?” Lee elbowed Oliver after the waitress left with a sour expression that seemed to match Kyle’s.

“Oliver chose to come here?” I couldn’t stop my mouth from asking as I eyed the silent boy curiously.

“Yeah, ‘e practically dragged us ‘ere.” Matty shook his head. I thought it a bit strange how Oliver didn’t say one word besides ‘coke’ since he’d entered.

“Seems like fate wants us teh get teh know each otha.” Tom muttered in my ear, low so no one else heard. I felt a shiver run down my spine from the warm of his breath, and then a bit of guilt as I saw the jealousy in Kyle’s eyes while Tom wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

“So, Kyle, yeh’re on Warped Tour, right?” I thanked Jona mentally as he struck up more small talk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Emmy
sorry this is late : ) I meant to update yesterday but apparently my head's not on straight lately. so for your patience, I will be updating this again tomorrow! hope you enjoyandcomment
and for those of you who read my Walls story, there is an update coming soon. I promise.
xooxEmber