Sequel: A Cherry Sunset

A Dawn I Thought We'd Never See

Apologies + Laughs

“I can’t believe those boys.” Victoria looked completely shocked while Vicky-T just shook her head, speechless. Victoria had been begging to hear how the date went since I got back last night, but Vicky-T wouldn’t let me til she was around to hear it too.

“Well, believe it cause that’s what they did.” I spoke over my shoulder as I kept myself busy with organizing the shirt sizes in their correct boxes.

“Was Kyle pissed?” Vicky-T asked cautiously, as if I would erupt with his anger.

“As hell,” I sighed and turned to face them, leaning on the table behind me as I crossed my arms over my chest. “Especially when Tom offered to walk me back to the van.” Both girls mouths dropped.

“He did not!” Vicky-T gasped and I nodded grimly. I usually avoided the whole boy drama very well, but this year things seemed to be different.

“I just don’t believe it.” Victoria repeated. “I mean, I told the boys about your date,” she scrunched her eyebrows together as she thought and spoke her thoughts out loud. “Told Tom not to get his hopes up because Kyle already had a claim to you, and I think I even told Oli where Kyle was taking you.”

“Oliver?” I perked up at the mention of him. “You told Oliver where we were going?” I vaguely remembered someone saying Oliver had picked out that diner to eat at. Had he truly done it all on purpose?

“Yeah.” Victoria nodded while I stared at my shoes, utterly confused.

“Well look at that,” Vicky-T mumbled. “Something wicked this way comes.” I was about to ask her to explain when someone behind me loudly cleared his throat. I turned, expecting a customer, and had the words die in my throat while my mouth hung open. Standing on the other side of the table was Oliver.

“Can I speak teh yeh, Emileh.” Oliver sounded a bit unnerved, but I couldn’t tell since his sunglasses covered his eyes. “In private,” he gestured back behind him.

My mouth was too dry to talk so I nodded in response, looking back to see both Victoria and Vicky-T shocked into silence as well. Both girls shrugged when I widened my eyes questionably at them before I joined Oliver on the other side of the table. I thought I saw his lips twitch upward when I stumbled over my own feet, but they were back to their usual stony expression in seconds. We walked, keeping a good three or four feet between us, in silence.

“So.” After fifteen minutes of walking around, shock wore off and my voice wasn’t scared to talk. I wasn’t sure why he’d want to talk to me, so the only thing I could think to do was prompt him.

“I wanted teh apologize.” His words sent bewilderment through me again. “For bein’ such an arse an’ all.” I saw him shrug from the corner of my eye. “Guess I deserved the black eye.” This time I watched his lips turn up slightly and smally as he pointed toward his shades.

“Guess you deserved?” I snorted to my own astonishment.

“Alright, I know I deserved it, an’ I’m apologizin’ for meh behavior before an’ after it.” Oliver stuffed his hands in his pockets as he stopped walking and turned to face me. “So yeh forgive meh?” I strained to see through his dark glasses, trying to see just the slightest emotion in him.

“No,” I told him firmly, making my mind up just as the word came out. He’d been rude and cruel without a single reason why and now he expected me to forgive him because he was sorry? I couldn’t even find an ounce of sincerity in him to add to it.

I left Oliver standing there with his lips parted slightly. He probably wasn’t used to being rejected.

I quickly found my way back to my merch tent that Victoria was skillfully managing on her own. “Oh my god, you’re back!” Victoria screeched causing everyone to turn and size us up while she grabbed me. “Tell me what the fuck that was about before I pull my hair out!” Her eyes were still wide with excitement while she dragged me under the tent.

I shrugged her off, putting my full attention into work mode. “Oliver wanted to apologize.” I said nonchalantly.

“Apologize?” Victoria asked as if she’d misheard me.

“Mmhmm.” I reached under the table to find the box with our free tattoos in it, since our bowl was running low.

“Em, hun, Oliver doesn’t apologize.” Victoria laughed, like I was crazy. I sighed and turned toward her.

“Oliver apologized for being a shit head, can we leave it at that?” I was sick and tired of talking about Oliver. All he did was stir up problems.

“Okay.” Victoria held her hands up in defense. I nodded and so did she before we went back to selling merch. Three minutes later she talked. “So did you forgive him?”

“Victoria!” I yelled exasperated.

“Well did you?” She raised her voice right back at me and I groaned.

“Hell no, now work woman!” I pointed at a girl who had just walked up, scaring her away in the process.

“Someone needs to get laid.” Victoria mumbled and I couldn’t help but giggle.

“That’s exactly what I need.” I pushed her playfully as she laughed too. “Someone screw me!” I yelled.

“With pleasure,” the familiar voice of Craig Owens came from behind me.

“I’ll catch you after Norma Jean’s set, Em.” Victoria shook her head as Craig approached.

“Later Vee.” I waved as she left and Craig settled his chin on my shoulder and his arms around my waist.

“So when can we get to the screwing?” I giggled harder as Craig kissed my cheek.

“Get serious and hand me that box.” I pulled away from him with a smile.

“I am serious.” Craig winked as he hefted the box onto the table.

“Then get in line.” I muttered and rolled my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Emmy
anyone else super pissed off that Chiodos kicked Craig out?
I don't understand how they expect to still sound like Chiodos without him. It angers me : ( but here is the promised extra update.
xooxEmber