Help Me

Chapter 7

"Well. People have been known to mess with me and not really live to tell the tale... except very few. You see I am head of a gang. Thats why I hang out at that place." the boy said nodding towards my work building.

"Ahh. I see. So I should stay with you and I wont get hurt?" I asked coily.

He grinned. He stepped forward and I stepped back. I raised my eyebrow further and he laughed.

"Depends on what kind of hurt your talking about." he said. "Which kind are you talking about?" he asked.

"Danger. Emotions. Any kind of hurt." I said bluntly and he smiled sadly.

"Thats just too bad." he said.

"Why is it just too bad?" I asked.

"Cause I have tended to break ones heart. And... I might keep you from harm of strangers... but me... I am dangerous. So you just put your trust in me. You might want to re-think that." he said with no frin and no smile.

"What do you mean?" I asked taking another step back as he stepped torwards me. He took another step and I took another step to meet the wall. He smiled this time when he realized I was cornered and took his time coming closer to me.

"I am dangerous. I can keep you out of others harms way. I can keep you safe from other people. But I can't keep you safe from me." another step torwards me. How was I going to escape?

"Well maybe I will take my trust back. I need to have a promise that I will be safe from everything." I said.

"Not including me?" he asked in a low, husky voice. Who was this anyways?

"That includes you." I said and then glanced in each direction. I noticed his smile grow larger.

"Dont try to run. I'll catch you." he said. I rolled my eyes.

I took off. I ran in one direction. I was fast.

He was faster.

He was in front of me and I ran right smack into his chest. He laughed as I began to fall. He caugh me but wouldnt let me go.

"Let. Go. Of. Me." I said. How did it get from a friendly conversation, to following me to this? Huh? I mean come on. Nothing in my life was normal.

"Why should I? You tried to run." he said simply. I sighed and just lay there in his arms waiting for him to do something to me so I could limp home harmed and ready to get beaten for being late. Oh joy.

"I am not going to harm you. I just want you to know. You gave me your trust. I would normally give it back. But I won't with you. Your special. So expect to see me tomorrow in your room." he whispered his eyes locked with mine. Then I was up and standing and he was gone.

The scary thing was.

I was at my front door.

No noise at all from inside.