Status: Hiatus

Welcome To the Black Parade

Chapter 9

“I knew you two weren’t dead. I ran when the cops showed up.” Marvin said, removing the mask. Crystal chose that moment to walk into the room, her hair a tousled mess.

“Run!” Frank shouted to everyone. Crystal laughed and reached for her neck, removing a mask just like Marvin had.

“Wait,” Brian said. “Where’s my sister!” he shouted. Marvin just chuckled and looked around innocently.

“Oh that is the million dollar question right there.” Marvin said, sitting on a chair. “Misty, be a darling and find some rope, tie these jokers up nice and tightly while I go find their little damsel.” Marvin left the room as Misty tied each man up. No one fought because she had a gun as well.

“I’m sorry guys, I should of known.” Frank said, looking around the kitchen.

“You couldn’t of. I thought it was her as well.” Brian said, tugging on the rope binding his hands. Marvin came storming into the kitchen and straight for Misty.

“Where the hell is she?” he asked Misty.

“I tied the bitch myself.” Misty said, running from the room, Marvin following right behind her.

“Crystal got away.” Gerard said, breathing a sigh of relief. “She can get help.”

“Gerard, I have no idea she’s been missing.” Frank said. “So I have no idea how long it’s been since they took her.” A phone ringing ceased their talking.

“It’s my phone.” Frank said. “The one Armstrong gave us for him to call.” Ray was the closest to Frank. “Reach in and grab it.” Frank said to him. With a lot of difficulty, they got the
phone out just as it stopped ringing.

“Damn it.” Frank muttered. “I don’t have a number for him.” A minute later the phone began ringing again.

“Armstrong,” Frank whispered when he got the phone flipped open.

“Frank, I’m afraid I have bad news. Haner escaped again.”

“I know, he’s here.” Frank said. “He’s done something with Crystal though and he came in passing off as you.”

“Damn, are you okay?” Armstrong asked.

“Fine, but I’m not alone.” Frank said.

“Your friends?” Armstrong asked.

“Yeah.”

“I’ll be there with back up as soon as I can. Do you know where he took her?”

“No, he’s freaking out because she’s gone. I have no idea what’s going on with her.” Frank’s voice started cracking.

“Okay, I’m on my way.” Armstrong hung up the phone and did a U-turn in the middle of the street. He dialed the station’s number and ordered backup.

“Tell them to come in quietly, we have a hostage situation. And we’ll need search and rescue.” Armstrong said just as someone ran out in front of him. He slammed his breaks and swerved, just barely missing a tree. He looked back and breathed a sigh of relief.

“Crystal!” he called. She looked up and collapsed to the ground. She was way to skinny and dirty. He’s had her for a long time.

“It’s okay.” he said, wrapping his coat around her barely clothed body.

“He’s at the cabin.” she whispered.

“I know, helps on the way.” Armstrong said.

“Frankie, help him.” she started coughing, nearly choking on phlegm. Armstrong placed her in the backseat, laying down, and continued up the highway, police cars joining his silently.

“She’s a sly little one.” Marvin said, walking back into the kitchen, Misty following him. “Brian Elwin Jr.” Marvin said, seeing Brian. “You remember your cousin don’t you?”

“Fuck off!” Brian shouted to him, pulling on his restraints. Marvin laughed and walked up to him, putting his face inches in front of Brian’s.

“Play nice now, or I’ll have to tell your parents you was a bad little boy and you went to hell.”

“That’s where you need to go!” Jimmy shouted, causing Marvin to look at him.

“I don’t know you, so I’m not responding.” Marvin said. Jimmy fumed, fighting with the ropes.

“Let them go.” Frank said sharply. “This is between you, me and Crystal.”

“Oh, sorry Frankie Boy, I don’t play by the rules.” Marvin said, standing over Frank. “You should know that by now.” Frank spit in Marvin’s face. Marvin’s body shook from rage as he swung and punched Frank across the jaw.

“Asshole.” Marvin muttered. He looked at Mikey, Gerard, Ray and Bob. “You’re the little fuckers that jumped me.” then he spotted Zacky. “And I ran you over.” he looked at Johnny and Matt. “Don’t care about you two, or the other one.” Marvin said. “Misty, go a head and kill them so I don’t have to see them anymore.”

“My pleasure father.” Misty said, pulling out a knife.

“That’s my girl.” Marvin said, kissing Misty’s cheek. She pointed the knife and gun to Jimmy, Johnny and Matt and forced them to stand just as gunfire started from outside. Matt felt a burning in his leg as a bullet hit him. He, Johnny and Jimmy collapsed back onto the floor. Brian watched as bright red circled formed in his uncle’s and cousin’s chests. They both collapsed, landing stomach down on the ground. They’re eyes remained open, but turned lifeless.

“Frank!” Armstrong’s voice called.

“We’re in here!” Gerard called. Frank was unconscious from the punch.

“Shit,” Armstrong said, seeing them tied to the floor. “Anyone hit by the gunfire.”

“I was,” Matt said, grabbing his leg as soon as his arms was free. Gerard quickly went to Frank’s side to see blood pouring from his chest as well as from his jaw.

“Frank was hit!” Gerard shouted to the detective. Armstrong ran over to the sink and grabbed a clean dish towel.

“Keep pressure on him.” Armstrong said. He put his wrist up to his mouth. “We have two civilians down, both suspects are dead. We need medical in here stat!” he turned to Jimmy, who was putting pressure on Matt’s leg. “Keep it up.”

“Come on Frankie.” Gerard muttered as he felt Frank’s breathing weaken. “Stay with us man. Don’t make us lose you again. Fight buddy fight.” Tears poured down his cheeks. “Fight Frankie fight.” Medics began filling the room, rushing to help Jimmy with Matt and to stabilize Frank.

“Come out here.” Armstrong said. Gerard started following, but stopped when he realized Brian hadn’t moved. He was staring at his family, dead on the floor.

“Brian, they had it coming.” Gerard said. He would of grabbed Brian’s shoulder, but he was still covered in Frank’s blood.

“Don’t worry about Frank, he’ll fight.” Brian said, walking from the cabin into the sunshine. “We need to find Crystal.”

“No need.” Armstrong said. “She’s already at the hospital. She ran out in front of me, I just barely stopped in time.”

“Is she okay?” Brian asked.

“She’ll be perfectly fine.” Armstrong said as medics rushed from the house, Matt on the stretcher. They watched as he was loaded up, but the other medics have yet to arrive. It seemed an eternity before they emerged, Frank on the stretcher with a balloon hanging from his mouth.

“We’re taking him to a field just a few feet from here.” one medic said. “He has to be air lifted. It’ll take to long to get him to the hospital by ambulance.”

“Whatever, just get him there.” Armstrong snapped. “I’ll escort you all to the hospital.” he said, looking around. They all piled into two cars, Gerard’s and Armstrong’s. Gerard rode in the backseat of his. He flexed his hands and felt the blood from Frank’s body crack. It had dried up.

When they pulled into the hospital, Gerard was the first one in. Brian went to see Crystal, but Gerard wanted to check on Frank.

“They just put him in surgery.” the receptionist said. “It’ll probably be a while.” she said. Gerard nodded and joined the others. Matt was in surgery as well. They had to get the bullet from his leg before it caused infection.

“I’ll die,” Mikey muttered suddenly. There was no questioning what he was talking about. “I barely made it the first time.” Gerard didn’t show he even heard. Brian walked up to the group, announcing Crystal was resting. Squeaking shoes told Gerard someone was coming. They looked up and stood, a doctor was walking into the room.

“Matt Sanders?” he asked. Everyone nodded, but Gerard threw himself back into the chair.

“He’ll make a full recovery.” Gerard caught at the end. Someone thanked him and asked if they could go see him. Gerard didn’t catch the doctor’s response.

“Gee, we’re going to go see Matt.” Mikey’s voice said.

“Go ahead.” Gerard muttered, not looking up. Mikey waited another minute before following everyone into the hallway. Gerard thought he was alone until he felt someone sit next to him.

“This wait is killing me.” Brian’s voice muttered. Gerard didn’t reply. “Look, I never not liked Frank.” Brian said. “I’ve always considered him my little brother, and now he very well could become it. He’ll survive Gerard.”

“Last time was fake.” Gerard muttered. “This time was real. We were there. I’m still fucking covered in his blood. This is a lot of blood Brian.”

“It might not be. You don’t know.” Brian said just as the double doors opened. Gerard looked up and nearly fainted. Another doctor was walking right to them, blood on his scrubs.

“Are you here with Frank Iero?” he asked. Gerard stood up, as did Brian.

“Yeah.” Gerard said.

“It was close, but we got the bullet from him. He’s a very lucky man. The bullet lodged itself, stopping its track. If it would of went another half an inch, he would of died instantly.”

“So, he’s going to be alright?” Brian asked, looking hopeful.

“I don’t see why he won’t make a full recovery.” The doctor replied. Gerard couldn’t stop himself. He reached and gave the doctor a bone crushing hug.
♠ ♠ ♠
update, and you know what, I think I might redo this story, it needs a lot of editing I can tell. IDK yet, depends on where I go when I write more
thanks for the comments
new layout *if I didn't mention it before* I personally love the starry background. And thank you to adolecent.carnage for the banner. If you want one, go see her and I'm sure she'll be more than happy to make you one as well :D
more coming as soon as I can get it